August Squat & Ab Challenge

Replies

• wagnerpe123
    wagnerpe123 Posts: 65 Member
    Day 2 done. I did half the squats, then all the crunches, then the other half of the squats.
  • squeekecho262
    squeekecho262 Posts: 203 Member
    I do about 10-15 reps and however many sets it takes to reach the goal number. 15seconds inbetween for a decent breather/ water break lol.
    My back likes to click. So I tend to do as many as I can regular on ground, then switch to V-sits/twists and then to coreball for low impact :)
    You learn your body over time with different excercises.
  • Redola
    Redola Posts: 60 Member
    Day 2-✔️
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Day 2-Done.
  • Laurathabomb
    Laurathabomb Posts: 44 Member
    I am in! I really need a kick start! This is going to hurt.
  • aminvenditti
    aminvenditti Posts: 11 Member
    Totally in!
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    edited August 2016
    Day 2 done. I just been breaking them all up throughout the day with different types each time, makes it more fun for me that way.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Day 3 - DONE!
  • workoutjem
    workoutjem Posts: 35 Member
    Day 2 done, onto day 3!

• BABetter1
    Oh jeez. Gonna' have to break this up into 3 sessions today. 1 down, 2 to go. Feel the burn!!
  • BABetter1
    edited August 2016
    2nd session of day 3 done. This is hard. Calling all July squat challengers! Share some words of encouragement for all of us. Did you get a nice booty? Lose some inches/pounds? Drop a pants size? Help!
  • BABetter1
    Oh man, I am already feeling that. I wonder how sore I will be tomorrow!! Day 3 done!!!
  • vsbonetto
    vsbonetto Posts: 3 Member
    I am so in!!!
  • MandaNar
    MandaNar Posts: 24 Member
    Just seeing this! But I'm in! I need these accountability/challenge groups! Thanks!!
  • deadchipmunk
    deadchipmunk Posts: 434 Member
    Day 3 completed - abs & squats
  • deadchipmunk
    deadchipmunk Posts: 434 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Those are crazy numbers for crunches and squats. I assume they aren't done all at once and can be done a little at a time over the day -- especially the larger 100+ numbers.

There are no major health concern w/doing so many air squats but there has been health concerns voiced about doing crunches for some time and the recommendation that some people -- especially those w/back problems -- not do them at all.

Just something to consider if you weren't aware of it before.

What? No. Do your crunches. I have some rocking obliques, all from ab workouts over the years. There are so many variations on crunches and all of them are valid for this challenge, so folks aren't required to do 120 straight crunches, they can mix it however it works for them.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited August 2016
    Day 3 done....I split them up.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    BABetter1 wrote: »
    2nd session of day 3 done. This is hard. Calling all July squat challengers! Share some words of encouragement for all of us. Did you get a nice booty? Lose some inches/pounds? Drop a pants size? Help!

I lost some inches!
  • bubbles615
    bubbles615 Posts: 7 Member
    Day 3 ✔️
  • SylvieN42
    SylvieN42 Posts: 49 Member
    Day3 done. Sore as heck but it's good.