WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2016

Options

Replies

• mom2corps
    mom2corps Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!
    I've been playing with the app for about a month, tracking my Calories in and out.
    If I can encourage and support, I'm happy!!
    I need to lose 25-30 lbs.
    I've lost over 100, but it's the same 5-10!
    Good luck and big hugs to us all!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
    Becca so sorry for your hubby good he's got you to care for him

Kylia love your 'girls' we had 2 dogs when kids were young loved them to bits but DH didnt want any more when we lost them after 16 years You must be so proud of your lovely family

Heather lovely pics
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
    Don't know what happened then only half of my reply posted here's the rest

Roxy glad to hear about the job you must be so relieved DH and I now both retired, thank God.

Got my new kettlebell yesterday will start today it's 13 lbs and quite neat hopefully will go on to bigger and better in time

Have a great day and look after yourselves ❤️❤️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,716 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    Becca~ so so sorry that you and the hubby had to go through all that.. when your in the moment, it is tough to think straight... hoping hubby has a speedy recovery.. and you and can take a deep breath and relax
    Joyce~ so glad you figured out how to stream....
    to all the newbies~ welcome welcome.. this is the best bunch of ladies you could have joined..
    today working from 10;30-6
    and tomorrow is the new kidney dr, and mammogram
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!
    Hot and humid again in Ohio today! I am not really complaining. I really dislike the cold, so will take the heat anyway it comes. Could really use the rain though. It is so humid that my hair frizzed even with flat iron as soon as I left house :( The effect of the gray under the color-LOL! My hair has always been poker straight and now wants to wave. Messy bun again today.

I am impressed with how much women are critiqued by DH for not caring. I see so much support for our DH's on this site. I met my spouse in 1994. In 1995, he had an accident that ruined one of his eyes. The bad part was the other has optic nerve damage from a wreck a few years earlier. He is, for all intents and purposes, legally blind. He can see some things but only if really big and close. It takes a lot of patience on some days. I find myself occasionally having to remind myself that he gets frustrated with the situation as well. There is a lot of stress related to caring for another person with either health or physical issues. Hugs to all who are dealing with these issues. Just know you aren't alone. :) My daughters and SIL laugh because I look forward to hunting season. (I know blind man hunting) He has been hunting since he was 8. It is on private land, with a scope, and the guys he hunts with know his limitations so help him stay safe. I am sure he has missed seeing deer, but he doesn't shoot unless he is positive of all situations surrounding the shot. Of course that makes his shots count too! Good thing since the venison feeds us and the daughters' families. I digressed, oops! Remember to take care of yourself and get some quite time for yourself while caring for your loved one!

Time to get some exercise in before work! Water, food, and movement today!
    B)
    Kylia
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    joyce proud of you for figuring out how to live stream. I admit my DD set that up and we watched the gymnastics portion live, much better without all the nbc commentary I must say!

Having lunch at a super fancy restaurant with a dear friend today, already know what I will be eating so I can handle it. A surprise visit from my nephew and MIL means I will be barbecuing tonite but I don't think it will be a problem. I will have a big salad and roasted Brussels sprouts alongside all the typical junk food that I am cooking for everyone else. More important to enjoy the visit than worrying about the house and the food----I have come far ladies---I have come far!!!!
    NYKAREN
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Becca and Joyce - :heart: thinking of you and your husbands. Stay strong!

/Penny
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather looks as if everyone is having great fun.

Janetr okc
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,716 Member
    Options
    Heather~ just love all the DGC pictures how adorable.....
    went and got gas for the car and visited DFIL he ate and was sitting there having his chocolate milk...
    off to work in a bit..
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Penny: I love the photos of your mom picking blackberries. :heart: :heart: :heart: I hope we are all that spunky when we reach our 90's! Perhaps we can morph into a 90+ thread as time goes along. :devil:
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Penny ~ Thanks so much for sharing your mom's adventure. I love the house your folks live in with its porches all around. She is doing great for her age.

Becca ~ My heart goes out to you and your DH. Y'all have been through so much. Hang in there because your are his world and he is yours.

Karene ~ So sorry you are having to put up with stressful people and projects at work.

Roxie ~ Congrats on your DH getting his new job. Hope it works out well for both of you.l

Kylie ~ Thanks for sharing your family picture! You all look so happy!

Heather ~ Your grands look like they are having a ball. Your kitchen looks like a happy place.

DH is getting ready to do his monthly antique show which runs Th - Sun. So, I will have the house to myself for a few days.

Carol

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,237 Member
    Options
    Penny - Just love your photo story. What a wonderful memory to have captured! <3 And I can see why you married your DH. :D
    DGS knows exactly where you live as he has a blow up globe. I must say it even surprised me as I was so used to seeing the flat maps. It really is on the top of the world. :flowerforyou:

The DGC are currently in the "exercise room" with DH. It's chaos in there with them on the machines. Terrifying. :o He has such endless patience. Mind you it took some patience with the icing and the coloured balls as they kept eating the balls instead of sticking them on the biscuits. >:)

Love to everyone. Cheri, hope things are going well.
    Heather
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,565 Member
    Options
    morning peeps

[/lagapusb] = I love the pics of your mom and LOVE the house!

I am feeling my legs today, the lady that is working out with me on tues and thurs I found out is the same age as I am but is older by 3 months. we did squats and stuff. I wanted to figure out what her target heart rate was so I had her try to figure out what her resting heart rate was. I found out she's 5'3" and weighs 255lbs. she's the one that I got going to spin classes. I told her about joining MFP and getting into this forum for support., we'll see where it goes.

well, I'm up to $440 beans on my MS donations! (beans aka mula aka bucks aka dollars), really excited about that!, mom said she would give me $100 so that will make $540!! AHHHHHH, SO COOL! we have a friend who works at a t-shirt printing place make our team shirts every year and we are giving her artistic freedom to do what she wants this year, we'll see how they turn out!

I was riding from the gym to the train station (1 mi) and I turn onto the road and coming to a stop light, a car honks the horn at me and goes around to get to the stop light that was really close. the light turns green and it turns to a one lane, one direction road and I'm following behind and we both pass the next green light and then he gets to the next stop light only for me to meet up with the car and I pass it and I stay ahead of it passing thru the next light. a lot of good it did for that car to honk it's horn and go around me just to get to a stop light only for me to pass it later on, dumb *kitten*.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    morning peeps

[/lagapusb] = I love the pics of your mom and LOVE the house!

I am feeling my legs today, the lady that is working out with me on tues and thurs I found out is the same age as I am but is older by 3 months. we did squats and stuff. I wanted to figure out what her target heart rate was so I had her try to figure out what her resting heart rate was. I found out she's 5'3" and weighs 255lbs. she's the one that I got going to spin classes. I told her about joining MFP and getting into this forum for support., we'll see where it goes.

well, I'm up to $440 beans on my MS donations! (beans aka mula aka bucks aka dollars), really excited about that!, mom said she would give me $100 so that will make $540!! AHHHHHH, SO COOL! we have a friend who works at a t-shirt printing place make our team shirts every year and we are giving her artistic freedom to do what she wants this year, we'll see how they turn out!

I was riding from the gym to the train station (1 mi) and I turn onto the road and coming to a stop light, a car honks the horn at me and goes around to get to the stop light that was really close. the light turns green and it turns to a one lane, one direction road and I'm following behind and we both pass the next green light and then he gets to the next stop light only for me to meet up with the car and I pass it and I stay ahead of it passing thru the next light. a lot of good it did for that car to honk it's horn and go around me just to get to a stop light only for me to pass it later on, dumb *kitten*.

You are awesome, my friend. I like your style.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Oh, Penny, made me tear up. What a wonderful example to us "youngsters". Thanks for sharing with us. I had to show my husband.

Janetr okc