Did you eat your fruit & veggies today?

Options

Replies

• battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I ended up swapping the soup for some blueberry & acai dark chocolate and fruit flavoured chewy candy. That still kinda counts, right?! Lol.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Yay! A thread for all the fruit and vegetables!

Today I have had/will have: Eggplant, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, celery, and avocado.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    battyfitch wrote: »
    I ended up swapping the soup for some blueberry & acai dark chocolate and fruit flavoured chewy candy. That still kinda counts, right?! Lol.

Chocolate does not nullify the vitamins and minerals found in fruits and veggies.
    original.gif

I ate my lunch salad - lettuce, bell peppers, golden raisins, Craisins, onions, sun-dried tomatoes. I'm having baby carrots with supper. Not sure if I'll have anything else.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Today - breakfast - 1 beefsteak tomato, lunch- spinach and mushroom (cooked in my pasta), spring mix lettuce and strawberries Dinner - corn and probably a salad with lettuce tomato and cucumber - blueberries and 1/2 a banana for dessert
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Ugh. First day for teacher pre-service and they gave us sandwiches. One crappy piece of lettuce. Of course I didn't eat all the bread and have been hungry all day. Oh I had an apple. I hate fruit. It also leave me hungry. Definitely bringing my lunch on Monday.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Does anyone feel fresh and uumm "healthier" after a day filled with veggies? I do, but it's probably the placebo effect.

Only if they're on pizza
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Had a bit of a day of fun eating but still managed:

Tomato
    Potato
    Baked Beans
    Banana
    Apple
    Onion
    Mushrooms (if I can include fungi?)
    Peanuts
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Just broccoli and banana today, but a lot of broccoli. I had to use up the fridge contents!
  • 87sid
    87sid Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh man, you guys go hard with the veggies. I'm still trying to work on that. I don't eat much fruit, but I enjoy raspberries and blueberries in cottage cheese with yogurt. Also, I recently started loving pink lady apples. Today I've had carrots, green beans and red potatoes. Yesterday I had spinach, cucumber, carrots and green beans. My list of vegetables that I eat is small, my go to vegetables are broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Suggestions for mild tasting vegetables?
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    87sid wrote: »
    Oh man, you guys go hard with the veggies. I'm still trying to work on that. I don't eat much fruit, but I enjoy raspberries and blueberries in cottage cheese with yogurt. Also, I recently started loving pink lady apples. Today I've had carrots, green beans and red potatoes. Yesterday I had spinach, cucumber, carrots and green beans. My list of vegetables that I eat is small, my go to vegetables are broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Suggestions for mild tasting vegetables?

How about a zucchini, red pepper, mushroom onion stir fry? Are peas ok?

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Made it to 6 servings today, although there was more fruit than veggie in there:

1.5 blueberries - in my yogurt
    .5 raw spinach - in my eggs
    1 banana - in my protein shake
    2 veggie stir fry (zucchini/pepper/onion/mushroom)
    1 lg tangerine
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Friday 5th August:
    Salad containing lettuce, cucumber, and red onion. Also Tomato, Pumpkin, Zucchini, and cooked Green Banana.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The title of this thread are the exact words my mum uses on me, I'm 44 and she still nags me about eating my veggies :lol::love:
  • cathya2665
    cathya2665 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great thread... banana, romaine lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, potato, onion, watermelon
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    The title of this thread are the exact words my mum uses on me, I'm 44 and she still nags me about eating my veggies :lol::love:

Apologies for triggering you. ;)

The raw veggies thread was getting out of hand with those of us who eat most of our veggies some way other than raw and to deal with pendants of "that's botanically a fruit m8".

Mushrooms are on their own.

giphy.gif
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Yesteday, I had a mixture of carrots, lettuce, and tomatoes for breakfash.

Lunch veggies were kale, daikon radish, and sweet potato. Fruit was 200g of papaya.

I only had an orange for dinner. The fish I ate was pretty heavy!

Breakfast veggies are the same today; lunch is up in the air; dinner is some green beans and more papaya.
    Okay, my sister wanted to eat out for dinner. I got an elk burger with a little tomato, little lettuce, and some onions. No fries because i saved those calories for Pop Tarts instead. Lunch was just pop corn and some fruit gummies if those count :p
    Also had two apples

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    A ton yesterday. I made a huge batch of ratatouille and had two big bowls of it... about 2 pounds of cooked veggies, lol!
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie: 2 c. frozen mango, 1 large banana, 3 c. soy or other plant milk. Puree in blender and then gradually add in 9 c. of baby spinach. It's a beautiful green, tastes like dessert, and is loaded with fruit, veggies, fiber, potassium, vitamins A and C, calcium, and even protein, especially if you use soy milk.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I took some peaches, nectarines and strawberries which were getting a little old. Dumped them, peel included, into the Vitamix with some orange juice and about a dozen ice cubes. Been enjoying portions of this as part of breakfast or dinner all week.

And I've been making gazpacho all summer!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a peach with breakfast, some green beans, zoodles, and broccoli with lunch, and dinner was a boatload of veggies (winter squash, baby carrots and mushrooms with some curry powder. Green beans and red onions cooked in a skillet with vinegar and a little bit of Equal). I also had some strawberries with my bedtime meal.

So far, I had an apple with breakfast today. I'm debating what I want to pair with what meat for lunch and dinner (I have leftover pork tenderloin and chicken breasts -everyone in my family seems to hate leftovers and I hate wasting food). I'm thinking maybe a big vegetable bowl with the pork tenderloin and some winter squash/mushrooms/baby carrots/kale/snap peas drenched in curry powder and then a mock burrito bowl with the chicken, green beans/kale/onions and broccoli "rice" (maybe do the burrito bowl for lunch and the pork curry bowl for dinner?). I might also make some cucumber salad to eat during the week.

I just realized that I eat a crapton of vegetables. Most grains (and potatoes) wreck havoc on my blood sugar, so I don't eat much of them (maybe a bagel thin sandwich 2-3 times a week for breakfast and a 100-calorie bag of popcorn with my bedtime meal/grazing period). I'm a huge volume eater, so I probably get at least 500-600 calories of fruits and vegetables a day (thank you, zoodles and broccoli/cauliflower rice). I never thought I would be saying this, but I truly love vegetables (now I'm really craving my vinegar and onion green beans).