Did you eat your fruit & veggies today?

Options

Replies

• ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Do chickens count as vegetables? They're kinda dumb so I'm going with it

You'd be surprised how smart plants can be: when we grow cucumbers, the things always know where the fence or some kind of climbing assistance is, and the stems make direct for it. Then the tendrils curl around, cling, and the cucumber goes on with what it needs to do.

I grant you that tomato plants seem to have a low IQ compared to the cucumber.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Tomato, yellow pepper and broccoli today. There is some spinach in the chicken sausage I'm going to eat too :) Lighter veg day than usual. Just kind of worked out that way.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, celery, yellow pepper, artichoke, pickles, coconut, macadamia nuts, cashews. Would cacao nibs count? Hmm. Most of my food today came from plants but most are not veggies. I guess just the celery was technically a veggie. LOL
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Is this a serious question? Chicken counts as meat.

In his dreams :wink:

Hey! Don't crush my dreams!
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I had steamed baby bok choy and am planning on steamed onions with eggs, kiwi, and maybe a lettuce or spinach sandwich.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Is this a serious question? Chicken counts as meat.

If chicken loses a battles wits to a cucumber then I think you're insulting cows everywhere. The cows and I are offended.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    ejbronte wrote: »

You'd be surprised how smart plants can be: when we grow cucumbers, the things always know where the fence or some kind of climbing assistance is, and the stems make direct for it. Then the tendrils curl around, cling, and the cucumber goes on with what it needs to do.

Seymour the spore plant
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    A peeled grapefruit every morning!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Started with a new veggie blend! Carrots, zucchini squash, and some other green squash I don't remember the name of

Lunch: Kale, daikon radish, sweet potatoes, and papaya
    Didn't have a whole lot of calories for my afternoon snack, so I grabbed a small apple

Dinner: Spinach, tiny bit of onions, tiny bit of tomatoes, and a banana
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    breakfast included fresh berries
    lunch included a nice salad with lettuce and watermelon
    dinner was zucchini pasta with salami and feta
  • lisabridwell
    lisabridwell Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash, apple and 2 kiwis. Fixed this recipe for dinner... delicious! http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/snapper-fra-diavolo
  • ejbronte
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

Seymour the spore plant

:D<3:o
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    5 servings yesterday.

4 crudités dipped in hummus
    1 cherries
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options

Trees mother their offspring. https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/tree-mothers-are-a-lot-like-human-mothers-research-shows/70703/
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    breakfast -carrot in carrot cake chia pudding lunch - carrot celery & onion in lentil and millet congee dinner pasta with veggies (onion, green peens, celery and cauliflower)
  • battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I had a banana with breakfast and a bag of salad with lunch. Dinner's veggies will be whatever is in the soup I'm going to have. And then it'll be a couple of apples in the evening.
  • ejbronte
    Options

Trees mother their offspring. https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/tree-mothers-are-a-lot-like-human-mothers-research-shows/70703/

You know, this doesn't surprise me! I think back to many years ago, when I learned that all bamboo is part of the same system, as I recall, and then this kind of thing makes sense.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Yogurt and berries for breakfast this morning!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Today: Eggplant, tomatoes, onions, garlic, jalapenos, celery, red bell peppers, spinach, and okra.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Today: Eggplant, tomatoes, onions, garlic, jalapenos, celery, red bell peppers, spinach, and okra.

Yum!