• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Today - Cucumber, Tomato, lettuce; Banana, Mango
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I'm another one that doesn't really eat fruit but I love vegetables.

Once I year I buy a watermelon and scarf it in two days though.

My husband makes fun of me a lot because I apparently eat vegetables "like fruit" and it looks weird. I do stuff like take whole bell peppers or cucumbers out of the fridge and eat them whole like I would an apple. I ate about a pound of cucumber like that yesterday sitting in front of the TV. I think I just like the cold watery-ness in summer especially.

Ughh, but I live with someone who's just like that.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I'm another one that doesn't really eat fruit but I love vegetables.

Once I year I buy a watermelon and scarf it in two days though.

My husband makes fun of me a lot because I apparently eat vegetables "like fruit" and it looks weird. I do stuff like take whole bell peppers or cucumbers out of the fridge and eat them whole like I would an apple. I ate about a pound of cucumber like that yesterday sitting in front of the TV. I think I just like the cold watery-ness in summer especially.

I love a cucumber, straight up. I've been considering biting into a pepper like that too. There's something really satisfying about chowing down on a whole cucumber. Some people eat vegetables like they're afraid of them. I can easily eat two whole peppers, a cucumber and a tomato for lunch, plus protein source.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Red grapes, peaches, and a few corns on the cob.
  • _pragma_
    _pragma_ Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I didn't, but it looks like she did.

an1DIxB.gif
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I usually eat all my carbs in the morning after my bike ride, fruit for brunch, and protein for lunch. The fruit helps hold me until my 2pm lunch time. Usually strawberries, grapes, blueberries, and sweet cherries.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    So far today I've just eaten a peach (along with my morning cereal). For lunch, I'm having peas and green beans with a chicken sausage.
  • battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I had two apples and a banana with breakfast, and lunch was egg salad with about half a large diced red onion, a handful of capers and a whole jar of sliced gherkins. Do capers and gherkins even count as vegetables though? I dunno. For dinner I'm having some pork & chorizo sausages with a big bag of salad. It's about 350-400g, so it will probably be enough for a couple of platefuls.
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Last night I was craving Mexican food but am trying to be healthier so stopped at the Mexican market and bought sopes (handmade corn tortillas shaped like small cups) then threw chopped carrots, bell pepper, onion, and cherry tomatoes and a chipotle pepper in a pan with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and cooked the veggies until they were just *slightly* crispy. At the same time, toasted the sopes in the toaster oven. Took out the chipotle pepper. Filled the sopes with black beans and 1/4 cup of cheddar and dumped the veggies on top and then put some salsa on top of that. It was delicious! May make it again with chicken for more protein.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I had a salad for lunch and a strawberry cheesecake Blizzard for breakfast. I'm counting the 3 strawberries in the Blizzard.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I had a salad for lunch and a strawberry cheesecake Blizzard for breakfast. I'm counting the 3 strawberries in the Blizzard.
    Lol. I'm reminded of when I was pregnant and used to log my vegetables in effort to get myself to eat more, and one day had to face the fact that "pizza sauce" was my sole entry.
  • battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I also ate almost 400g of strawberries.

I'm now over my calorie goal for the day. Oops. Well, that could be down to the two mint chocolate ice cream bars I ate, BUT I AM BLAMING THE STRAWBERRIES!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    No fruits or veggies yet today. But it's only 4:30 pm
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    orange, banana, corn, lettuce, tomato, celery, avocado, potato, parsley
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    Black grapes for breakfast, a can of drained pineapple chunks for lunch and probably a can of drained peaches for dinner. I have to keep my sodium intake at a reasonable level and fruits are a good way to get carbs while keeping sodium down.

As for veggies, I may have a salad to go with those peaches.
    Fresh fruits will keep your sodium down even more
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Peeled grapefruit for breakfast

4 cups of salad greens
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I finished off the cantaloupe I had, plus 1 of the 2 2# tubs of strawberries is gone. Crossing my fingers the second tub will be mostly not rotten.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I finished off the cantaloupe I had, plus 1 of the 2 2# tubs of strawberries is gone. Crossing my fingers the second tub will be mostly not rotten.

When strawberries start to get overripe, I usually puree them, then freeze them into cubes in an ice cube tray. Then you can add them to smoothies if wanted.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    At lunch, I had all the veggies on my turkey sub then added half an avocado to the sandwich and had a side of cherry tomatoes. Dessert was strawberries and a peach.

Dinner included kale chips, green beans and a kiwi fruit.
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    Thursday 11th August
    Banana, Mango, Carrot, Pumpkin, Christophene, Beans