Did you eat your fruit & veggies today?

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Today, I've eaten cantaloupe, and a pizza with green peppers and onions. I fell for a BOGO of strawberries, so now I have 4# of strawberries to eat.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    no veg yet, but I've had a banana, strawberries and blueberries
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had green beans, onions, garlic, carrots, romaine, tomatoes, more onions, cucumber and pickles. Today I've only had sugar snap peas.

I like fruits and vegetables but they're really not a concern of mine. The amount of produce I eat now - by myself - would have fed a family of five when I was growing up.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, banana, pineapple, date nectar, strawberries, rocket, cucumber, tomato, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Saturday 6th
    Cantaloupe Melon, Banana, Pumpkin, Tomato
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I've had broccoli, cauliflower, some carrot, and green beans. I usually do frozen mixed veggies. The mixes keep me entertained. Fruit...eh. Not interested.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I count prunes as a fruit and have that almost every day. Friday I had fruit several times. Saturday I had vegetables with lunch and dinner, and prunes.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Made it to 7 servings yesterday:

1 serving tomato
    1 serving avocado - with the tomato on a fried egg sammich
    1 serving of boiled broccoli
    4 servings of sweet potato - 2 of them plain and 2 with milk cinnamon and brown sugar
    1 serving of applesauce for bonus points
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ate 400g of leafy greens, two avocados, 300g of red cabbage, a whole yellow pepper, whole orange pepper, whole big tomato (this was all weighed too), 135g broccoli....Think that's it.

I came home and had a little salad binge which is why I ate two avocados yesterday. Definitely was above maintenance.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yesterday had melon, a banana, spinach, cucumber, and fennel at breakfast, and a ton of vegetables (basically using things up) at lunch -- a stir fry with corn instead of rice (I know corn is not a vegetable, but a grain) with carrots, celery, onions, fennel, zucchini, summer squash, and eggplant, plus some pepperoncini. Cherries as a snack. Dinner basically just a salad plus a seafood spaghetti dish with tomatoes and shishito pepper (went out), so not as many veg there.

Today's breakfast was melon, a plum, some blueberries, and lots of chard.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Today I've eaten an apple for post-workout meal, a mix of a banana and 4 strawberries sliced up in a bowl with mini marshmallows (10 if you're counting) and 1T of chili lime balsamic reduction. I'd hoped the sweet/tart of the fruit would mitigate some of the OMG SPICY of the reduction, but nope. I love the reduction it's just spicier than I expected (other options were wine flavored & I hate wine in cooking). I know now to have half or a third of the reduction with anything.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Home-made smoothie for breakfast today (soya milk with banana, spinach, blackberries, raspberries, blackcurrants and redcurrants), lunch included sweet red and yellow peppers, fennel, celery, apple, prunes and dried apricots, evening meal was home-made nut and lentil burger (recipe includes red onion, celery, carrot and parsnip) with a lettuce, spinach, courgette, orange and cherry tomato salad, wholegrain couscous with fresh lemon juice/zest, mint and coriander.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Today I had sweet potatoes, cabbage, lima beans, then for supper I am having, lettuce, tomatoes, 1 cucumber cut up, with carrot sticks and hummus.This is FUN!!!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yesterday I ate 400g of leafy greens, two avocados, 300g of red cabbage, a whole yellow pepper, whole orange pepper, whole big tomato (this was all weighed too), 135g broccoli....Think that's it.

I came home and had a little salad binge which is why I ate two avocados yesterday. Definitely was above maintenance.

I love looking through your diary, i feel healthier just reading it lol :lol: Plus it spurs me on to get more veggies in my diet.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Do chickens count as vegetables? They're kinda dumb so I'm going with it
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Today I ate strawberries, lemon, coconut oil, olives and olive oil, Romaine lettuce, tomato, and cauliflower. I also had walnuts. Technically nuts are fruits, although, we don't usually count them as fruits.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

Is this a serious question? Chicken counts as meat.
  • strawberryswirl01
    strawberryswirl01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Today I've had strawberries, blueberries, spinach tomatoes & peppers :). Working on getting more fruit & veggies in me.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Is this a serious question? Chicken counts as meat.

In his dreams :wink:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Is this a serious question?

Hmm. What do you think?