Did you eat your fruit & veggies today?

Options

Replies

• northerngirl5
    northerngirl5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I didn't get any veggies in but picked and ate blackberries both times when I walked the woods.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    battyfitch wrote: »
    I also ate almost 400g of strawberries.

I'm now over my calorie goal for the day. Oops. Well, that could be down to the two mint chocolate ice cream bars I ate, BUT I AM BLAMING THE STRAWBERRIES!

Good thinking!! A serving size of strawberries is 140 to 160 grams, or 8 strawberries. You had nearly a triple portion.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Blackberries for breakfast, tomato and lettuce on my sandwich for lunch and a whole zucchini, corn, black beans and cherry tomatoes for dinner.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    cabbage, broccoli, lettuce, tomato, pickle, avocado, mushrooms, eggplant, tomato, more broccoli.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Just packed my breakfast and lunch: banana with my oat flour muffin; fresh peach with my roast beef sandwich; tonight my gazpacho along with something to round out my fiber and calcium macros. I also have my smoothie made from peach, nectarine and strawberries, so that may be dessert tonight.
  • battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and blueberries with breakfast.

Melon and pineapple with lunch.

Brussels sprouts and a carrot, potato, spinach, broccoli & cauliflower bake for dinner.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yesterday:

Cucumber, pineapple, raspberries, blackberries, and spinach, plus anise-hyssop in my breakfast smoothie.

Salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, peppers at lunch.

Mix of vegetables including onions, jalapeno, summer squash, cauliflower, eggplant, and carrots for dinner (with corn and pork).

I need to get some peaches and plums today, as well as more berries -- peaches would have been good in the smoothie instead of the pineapple. Also have a lot of basil, so will make some pesto, maybe.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and banana mixed with Smuckers syrup and maybe an apple as an evening snack.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Today: roasted peppers, carrots and beets at dinner, peppers and onions in my tuna salad at lunch, and tomato at breakfast. No more than half my RDA though. :(
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Kale, spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, blackberries, cantaloupe, coconut, olive oil and coconut oil.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Had a quarter pound of kimchi this morning, and will likely be having spinach and sauerkraut with dinner.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, orange, pickled carrots with ginger, steamed carrots and red chard and red kale and collard greens. Cucumber. I also drank grape juice kombucha.
  • OneWayOnlyCycles
    OneWayOnlyCycles Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Summer squash, dandelion greens, basil, green beans.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Pineapple. It was on my pizza. :)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Saturday 13th August
    Cantaloupe Melon, Mango, Carrot, Pumpkin, Christophene, Beans, Eggplant
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Half a banana at breakfast. Half an avocado in my sandwich at lunch plus carrots and tomatoes on the side. Onions, snow peas and broccoli in dinner followed by half a peach.

Half fruit portions are because I'm sharing with a baby. I realize I could eat the whole fruit - but he usually can't. :smile:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Ate my usual salad for lunch with bonus strawberries. I'm enjoying having them in the mix, though finding a random bit of mush is odd and they're a nice balance for the chili lime balsamic reduction I'm using as dressing. Also had a banana in plain Greek yogurt.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I played with my Vitamix today: renewed my gazpacho stock; and then, as I had a peach which was on its way out, I tossed it in the machine along with a package of frozen raspberries and two small bananas. Let the whole thing rip, and finished with the closest thing to ice cream I've yet achieved. The taste is very nice - I surprised myself.

I also had a nice fresh peach on its own; and bought some cherries for the week.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Had blueberries, blackberries, pears, peaches on cottage cheese and granola, with the juice, for breakfast. Had vegies for lunch with avocado.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I actually ate fruit today! A few hundred grams of pineapple and I'll have watermelon later too. Otherwise, I wasn't great on the veg count but I ate 500 grams of zucchini.