Did you eat your fruit & veggies today?

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Today: Eggplant, tomatoes, onions, garlic, jalapenos, celery, red bell peppers, spinach, and okra.

Yum!

I'm going crazy on the Farmer's Market produce this summer -- the eggplant, jalapenos, and okra are all from there. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I get around lots of fresh vegetables.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Today is my first unplanned day in a while and I have to eat out. Most likely it will be a salad with chicken and then quite a few veggies tonight. All joking aside, I track my micros so vegetables are part of the game.

Yesterday, I had pineapple fresh out of our yard and it was some of the best I've eaten.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Today is my first unplanned day in a while and I have to eat out. Most likely it will be a salad with chicken and then quite a few veggies tonight. All joking aside, I track my micros so vegetables are part of the game.

Yesterday, I had pineapple fresh out of our yard and it was some of the best I've eaten.

So jealous of the fresh pineapple in your yard. It's one of my favorites.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    So far, an apple for breakfast (gotta stop that as fruit just makes me hungrier and worse off than sucking it up & waiting until lunch time), then a salad of bell peppers, onions, sun-dried tomatoes, Craisins and golden raisins with a bowl of cantaloupe on the side. Have French toast planned for supper to go with strawberries. I wonder how much I can eat before I develop an allergy to strawberries. Damn Sobeys for having a BOGO (4# strawberries for $8).
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Morning: cucumber, melon, chard, plum. Lunch: salad (mix of greens, tomatoes, more cucumber, red onions, green peppers, and olives, if they count).
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Do chickens count as vegetables? They're kinda dumb so I'm going with it

Is this a serious question? Chicken counts as meat.

If chicken loses a battles wits to a cucumber then I think you're insulting cows everywhere. The cows and I are offended.

Okay. You've completely lost me now.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Do chickens count as vegetables? They're kinda dumb so I'm going with it

Is this a serious question? Chicken counts as meat.

If chicken loses a battles wits to a cucumber then I think you're insulting cows everywhere. The cows and I are offended.

Okay. You've completely lost me now.

That post was brought to you by IPA
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    A measly 3.5 servings today.

1 tomato on my egg sandwich
    2 small salad
    .5 lettuce on my fish taco

Finding it tough to both get my protein in and my f&v, and right now I have protein higher on my priority list.
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Watermelon, carrots w/hummus,pineapple, spicy pickled carrots, and a great big salad with romaine, grape tomatoes, green onion, and cucumbers.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Had honeydew melon, cucumber, and spinach in my morning smoothie. Planning on a huge salad with mixed greens for lunch and a variety of vegetables with dinner -- probably cooked zucchini and summer squash plus a quick bowl of gazpacho on the side. I need to start using my eggplant, though, so may adjust. Dinner also involves lamb and corn (I am drowning in corn right now, given the season).
  • goldthistime
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Had honeydew melon, cucumber, and spinach in my morning smoothie. Planning on a huge salad with mixed greens for lunch and a variety of vegetables with dinner -- probably cooked zucchini and summer squash plus a quick bowl of gazpacho on the side. I need to start using my eggplant, though, so may adjust. Dinner also involves lamb and corn (I am drowning in corn right now, given the season).

Very inspiring. I'm hoping to pick up corn on the cob today.

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    So far today I've had a cup of fresh red grapes, and some fresh peaches cut up into greek yogurt.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    breakfast- orange , lunch - carrots, peppers, onion and celery in my pasta, dinner - salad with lettuce mix, tomato, cucumber and whatever other veg I can find in the fridge
    I usually do a fruit or veg at snack but brought a pb&j today. Does strawberry jam count? :D
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    My fruit & veg will come with supper. Lettuce and onion on a sammich with a fruit salad of banana, strawberries, and cantaloupe with chocolate syrup. I may have an apple as an evening snack.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I have had grapes, tomatoes, cucumbers in my breakfast. Lunch I plan a big salad or to finish my veggies from yesterday which included roasted red potatoes, green beans , and beets YUMMY
  • goldthistime
    Options
    8 servings today :smile:
    1 tomato
    1 avocado
    1 lettuce
    2 mixed veggie stir fry
    1 apple
    2 strawberries
  • battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    1 tomato
    1 avocado
    1 lettuce
    2 mixed veggie stir fry
    1 apple
    2 strawberries

Do you count one strawberry as a serving?
  • goldthistime
    Options
    battyfitch wrote: »
    1 tomato
    1 avocado
    1 lettuce
    2 mixed veggie stir fry
    1 apple
    2 strawberries

Do you count one strawberry as a serving?

No, those numbers represent serving sizes. 1/2 cup is the serving size for berries.

• strawberryswirl01
    strawberryswirl01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, banana, blueberries, tomatoes, cucumber and onion ^_^
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yellow pepper, orange pepper, tomato, cucumber, dark leafy greens, red cabbage and avocado today. It will probably be the same all week. I don't know why I keep getting excited to post my vegetables and one fruit I eat (avocado).