All of you pumpkin spice aficionado's

Options

Replies

• campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    So sorry for you guys and gals that don't have pumpkin things available. Pumpkin spice is such a delight!. I love Starbucks but I hate to pay the price for it! I've seen some recipes for a creamer that you make yourself without any artificial ingredients, so I'm going to try it, because I would love to have some that I can incorporate into my calorie goal for the day! And I'm going to Trader Joe's today to see what I can find, my mouth can't wait!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    7cuo4thk3rzr.jpeg

Picked up a couple of these last night, along with a tub of ricotta, and a couple cans of pumpkin puree. I've made cottagecheesecakes before (cottage cheese blended smoonth, add cheesecake pudding, lemon juice, and vanilla, enjoy). Going to try with ricotta and pumpkin puree this time. I'll let you know how it goes!

Wait what? explain or post the full how to :)

Cottage Cheesecake
    1 16oz container of cottage cheese (fat % your choice)
    2 boxes of cheesecake pudding (mix only)
    1 tbps of lemon juice
    1 tsp of vanilla extract

Blend cottage cheese until smooth, transfer to mixing bowl and add liquids and both boxes of pudding mix. You will need a hand mixer to get this incorporated as it is very stiff. When it sets, it will be very stiff and almost gel like. Use less pudding mix if you want a creamier texture. I scoop with s 2 ounce ice cream scoop into aluminum foil cupcake liners. They are great refrigerated, but I also recommend freezing! I've also done chocolate pudding and cheese cake pudding and added chocolate chips. Very tasty.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Mmmmm pumpkin. I have a pumpkin curry soup recipe that is to die for.

Sounds awesome if you care to share.

I made a truly awful pumpkin spice protein fluff last year. Gakk. The worst part is I shared it with my daughter, and now I have totally ruined her on protein powder in anything. She can taste it a mile away and just gags. I retired from pumpkin spice creations and wasn't tempted to this thread until it had 185 comments. There's hope, but my confidence is shaken.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    7cuo4thk3rzr.jpeg

Picked up a couple of these last night, along with a tub of ricotta, and a couple cans of pumpkin puree. I've made cottagecheesecakes before (cottage cheese blended smoonth, add cheesecake pudding, lemon juice, and vanilla, enjoy). Going to try with ricotta and pumpkin puree this time. I'll let you know how it goes!

Wait what? explain or post the full how to :)

Cottage Cheesecake
    1 tbps of lemon juice
    1 tsp of vanilla extract

Blend cottage cheese until smooth, transfer to mixing bowl and add liquids and both boxes of pudding mix. You will need a hand mixer to get this incorporated as it is very stiff. When it sets, it will be very stiff and almost gel like. Use less pudding mix if you want a creamier texture. I scoop with s 2 ounce ice cream scoop into aluminum foil cupcake liners. They are great refrigerated, but I also recommend freezing! I've also done chocolate pudding and cheese cake pudding and added chocolate chips. Very tasty.

I've done that using ricotta instead of cottage cheese. It is pretty tasty (to be honest, I just do single servings).
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Cottage Cheesecake
    1 tbps of lemon juice
    1 tsp of vanilla extract

I've done that using ricotta instead of cottage cheese. It is pretty tasty (to be honest, I just do single servings).

Yes, I'm trying it with ricotta and pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice pudding tonight! Have you tried it with cottage cheese? Do you like ricotta better?

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Making cheesecake using ricotta is how us Italians make cheese cake. (i make both versions though).

http://www.italianfoodforever.com/2016/04/lemon-ricotta-cheesecake-with-blueberry-sauce/

edit- if you have never had italian cheesecake you should try it.. its so good.
  • JenniferOBX14
    JenniferOBX14 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Your 5 year old said that?? lol hahaha - the coolest 5 year old ever :)

He's pretty hilarious. Also a huge pumpkin aficionado... I mean what five year old gets a pumpkin spice shake when they have M&M and birthday cake flavors?

I chose the S'mores flavor from the seasonal menu and it was also quite tasty...

I don't think my 4 year old can even think past a M&M flavored anything. Or that the only 2 places to eat in the world is chickfila and mcdonalds.
  • shinycrazy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    Making cheesecake using ricotta is how us Italians make cheese cake. (i make both versions though).

http://www.italianfoodforever.com/2016/04/lemon-ricotta-cheesecake-with-blueberry-sauce/

edit- if you have never had italian cheesecake you should try it.. its so good.

My Italian heritage failed me! I had no idea this existed! Lemon ricotta sounds divine!
  • ArmsandCharms
    ArmsandCharms Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Someone might have said this and I didn't read through the whole thread....but pumpkin spice Belvita crackers are Ah-mazing... pumpkin spice greek yogurt is gross. FYI
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Cottage Cheesecake
    1 tbps of lemon juice
    1 tsp of vanilla extract

Yes, I'm trying it with ricotta and pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice pudding tonight! Have you tried it with cottage cheese? Do you like ricotta better?

I haven't, but cottage cheese is just too salty for me, I think it would taste a bit weird.
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    Someone might have said this and I didn't read through the whole thread....but pumpkin spice Belvita crackers are Ah-mazing... pumpkin spice greek yogurt is gross. FYI

Which yogurts did you try? I thought the Dannon Light and Fit was just ok, but the Oikos pumpkin pie was actually pretty tasty.
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    Ricotta pumpkin cheesecake is a success! I'm well aware this looks like baby food, but it tastes pretty darn good!
    Ingredients
    7.5 ounces lowfat ricotta
    4 ounces pumpkin puree
    1 box pumpkin spice pudding(mix only)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    I divided into four 105 gram servings at 156 calories each. endrqbv9nijd.jpg
  • alexib
    alexib Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone posted this yet but yoplait has pumpkin cheesecake Greek 100 yogurt and it was AMAZING! I'm not a big pumpkin trying person except when it comes to pumpkin bagels, but I love that yogurt!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Was out shopping and found Vachon pumpkin flakie. I didn't need it, but I bought a box for reasons.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Was out shopping and found Vachon pumpkin flakie. I didn't need it, but I bought a box for reasons.

There are always Reasons! I love their raspberry flakies, although I don't have them often now, but I've never seen pumpkin - I'll have to look around!

Still can't find any Tassimo pumpkin spice latte T-Discs. So sad. :'(

But! I bought a pumpkin pie a couple of days ago that was reduced, and my family doesn't want any so it's all for meeee!! :) I sliced it up and put most of it in the freezer so I can have a piece when I want to/can fit it in, but I think I'm going to see if I can snag another one before they stop stocking them. (Being English, I'd never had pumpkin pie before I emigrated. It just wasn't A Thing. But I tried it here, and as long as it doesn't have a strong flavour of cloves then I love it!)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I baked my first pumpkin pies in idk how long, 20 years maybe.
    es8ljxb6xyms.jpg

Here are the Vachon Passion Flakies:
    oigr9a7a1rg6.jpg

• shinycrazy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Think Thin pumpkin spice bar is 150 calories and very tasty. Mfp won't load my picture.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI. I've taken to sprinkling a little bit of pumpkin pie spice in my cup when I'm brewing tea. If you use pre-mixed pumpkin pie spice, Trader Joe's Pumpkin pie spice is SOOOOOO much better tasting than McCormick's.

They only have it available this time of year. I am going to buy enough to last me all year and store it in the freezer. It would probably be really tasty stirred into oatmeal or coffee grounds before brewing too.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Boom Chicka Pop has a pumpkin spice popcorn with white chocolate drizzle and it is SO GOOD. Honestly, I could eat the whole bag. I plan on stocking up before pumpkin stuff disappears.

Giant usually carries this brand during Christmas! I'll have to check to see if they get the Pumpkin Spice flavor in.
  • FredKing1
    FredKing1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My wife brought home a box of Special K - pumpkin spice. I prefer my pumpkin spice in pie, but the cereal would be better for me.