Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,745 Member
    Options
    What a great picture! Flying dog! <3
  • C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    The big question is, does you beagle bring the ball back to you? Because mine chases it, points at it, and then trots back to me looking so proud of herself.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    C_Stretton wrote: »
    The big question is, does you beagle bring the ball back to you? Because mine chases it, points at it, and then trots back to me looking so proud of herself.

She's pretty good, she goes and gets the ball no problem, but it's best to then get the ball off her ASAP or it turns into a chase game instead (which is also quite fun). She'll lie on the grass looking all relaxed and smug with the ball between her paws, and as soon as we get too close, she grabs it and is off running.

She's doing a great job of fetching the paper each morning too - as long as you grab it off her on the way in the door, otherwise the chase game begins!
  • Chasbo99
    Chasbo99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well, I decided to rescue another little Heeler. This time a little Blue named Chaney. He was one of four dogs I looked at when I brought my little Red Heeler home, and four months later, he still hadn't found a home. I decided that I could handle two and that he really deserved a forever home. He is so timid and skittish. He was found along the road in Roswell, NM. Lots of work ahead trying to get him out of his shell.
    b9rb2p9o8eyg.jpg
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    just posted on Chit Chat but will post here. they are my babies

My boys Tyler and Bruno. Tyler on the left was lost to cancer end of Aug this year.

k1chvaw98rmb.jpg

My girl Jess, she was also lost to cancer in Nov 15. My big girl.

2xggfw0afxad.jpg

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    s344rmp5ikkg.jpg

I have two dogs, but this one is my sweet little rescue. She is 10 years old and we have had her for 6 years now. She has had struggles over the years, most recently being seizures. It is terrifying and I feel helpless watching her seize! The seizures started in the spring and she was put on medication. The Vet decided since she had been seizure free for a few months to ween her off. She has been off for three weeks, unfortunately another seizure came last night. So medication it will be!!! I just lover her so much!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

When we adopted my (mostly) fox hound Stella (page4), we were told that hound breeds will not likely play fetch. However, Stella loves to fetch her little green squeaky ball. She will bring it back to us, but as @jo_nz said, she likes you to chase her for it or play tug of war to get it off her. I try to get her to drop it, but she will stand there, ball in mouth and tail wagging and try to force the ball into my hand to wrestle me for it. I can get her to drop it for a treat though.

@Joanna2012B -That feeling of helplessness with an ailing pet is so painful. Wishing you the best.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    2018 ^^
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

When we adopted my (mostly) fox hound Stella (page4), we were told that hound breeds will not likely play fetch. However, Stella loves to fetch her little green squeaky ball. She will bring it back to us, but as @jo_nz said, she likes you to chase her for it or play tug of war to get it off her. I try to get her to drop it, but she will stand there, ball in mouth and tail wagging and try to force the ball into my hand to wrestle me for it. I can get her to drop it for a treat though.

@Joanna2012B -That feeling of helplessness with an ailing pet is so painful. Wishing you the best.

Necro puppy thread. Love it.

I had 2 dogs (not the ones I have now). 1 dumb as a post and 1 smart as a whip. I'd toss a ball. The smart one would lay down. Dumb one would go running off after it. Pick it up and drop it. Smart one would saunter over and bring it back. Kept them entertained for a bit.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    pdxhak wrote: »
    2018 ^^

There's no such thing as a necro dog thread. :lol:
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    An almost 9 years old border collie, love her to bits. I walk everyday because of her, I just can stand disappointing her. Those eyes bore right into my soul.