What is the lowest IQ you would date?

Options

Replies

• abelthephotographer
    Options
    Anyone who has ever been to a gathering of mensans would never limit their dating pool to mensans.

I suspect this might be what separates the IQ only from the IQ+EQ. I wouldn't turn up. Absolutely NO offence meant, btw ... :)
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has ever been to a gathering of mensans would never limit their dating pool to mensans.

I suspect this might be what separates the IQ only from the IQ+EQ. I wouldn't turn up. Absolutely NO offence meant, btw ... :)

Indeed - it's that in particular. They're typically the kind of person derives their self-worth from their IQ. So it's either constantly proving how smart they are, or proving how much smarter they are than you. *shudder*
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    Take me straight back to the sticky-floored discos filled with X-factor fans, lol ...
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    Take me straight back to the sticky-floored discos filled with X-factor fans, lol ...

Exactly. THOSE folks know how to make small talk and aren't awkward during sex.
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Apparently my IQ is 142

http://www.free-iqtest.net/

I'm surprised. That site correctly came up with almost my exact (known) IQ.

Got them all right except for 1... And I disagree that one was wrong. I found a pattern in the 'John likes X but not Y' where all liked numbers were divisible by 8. But that was the wrong answer.

He likes squares.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options

Exactly. THOSE folks know how to make small talk and aren't awkward during sex.

You're not wrong ... :laugh:
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Apparently my IQ is 142

I'm surprised. That site correctly came up with almost my exact (known) IQ.

Got them all right except for 1... And I disagree that one was wrong. I found a pattern in the 'John likes X but not Y' where all liked numbers were divisible by 8. But that was the wrong answer.

He likes squares.

Damnit. LOL
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I don't know. What does she bench? That could sway me pretty heavily in either direction.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'll date the smartest guy willing to date me. It seems that my boyfriend is not as smart as I thought, though, because he does date me, haha. I am one of those people who tests well and looks pretty clever on paper but I often lack good sense in real life when it matters.

I've had several IQ tests administered and I always score 10-15 points higher on the online ones than on the real ones, interestingly.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    If she were a billionaire, it could be really really low.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If my movie quotes are not wasted on her and if she laughs at most of my jokes and she can hold a half way decent conversation, I'm in.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    If she were a billionaire, it could be really really low.:laugh:

If she's a billionaire, the lower the better!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Intelligence and savoir-faire comes in so many forms, in so many ways, on so many subjects, that I honestly don't think a number can tell you anything about a person other than they are concerned enough with their image to bother to get a tangible number for it (which is a turn-off in itself).
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    it would need to be OVER 9000!!!!!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Apparently my IQ is 142

I just took that test and came in at 133, but I've already started drinking. I'll have to try again sometime when I am sober, lol.

ETA: I never know what people's IQs are because it's not really a subject that comes up. I think that getting to actually know the person for who they are is a little more important. I am fairly certain that my bf would be in the lower end of the spectrum for some things as he is not great with words, doesn't like to read and doesn't care about grammar and spelling. However, he can do numbers in his head that baffle me with a calculator. IQ isn't everything.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I do not know my IQ and probably never will.

It doesn't matter to me.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I do not know my IQ and probably never will.

It doesn't matter to me.

It's a pretty irrelevant test considering there is a large population of people that score very high but lack any common damn sense to make their intelligence very applicable.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend is a genius he studies mathematics and physics in collage and he does algebra all day to pass the time so i guess i am the dummy in the relationship but i never could go out with a super dummy i like to have conversations in my relationships :smile:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I've never dated an IQ. How short are they?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what my IQ is. Or what my husband's is.