What is the lowest IQ you would date?

Options
123457»

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    There's intelligence (bookish smartness), common sense and street savvy . A combination of all is preferable, but common sense and street savvy are a necessity for me.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    There's intelligence (bookish smartness), common sense and street savvy . A combination of all is preferable, but common sense and street savvy are a necessity for me.

There are even more kinds of intelligence than just those 3. And they are not measurable by a test.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    It's extremely hard to test an adult for a true IQ, as they've already been through schooling, and been exposed to outside factors. Young children before schooling have the best ability to be accurately scored for an IQ.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    As a teacher who gets to read Ed Psych reports and work with the young people they come from, I don't think IQ is something that would determine whether someone were date-worthy for me. There are some pupils whose IQ makes it seem impossible that they could pass our entrance tests, but they did, and personality and EQ-wise they are quite normal.

I've slept with people as clever or cleverer than me, but it's never been 'official' or even dating. No one I've 'dated' has been even close, on paper, to my level of intelligence, even when allowing for different fields of knowledge. I think you might have to be a little stupid to fall for me :laugh:.
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My DH and I were both bright at our respective schools, and we still share 'intellectual' activities like playing bridge, doing crosswords, etc. I don't think I could live with someone who did not share some similar interests (but definitely not all). But when we met, he made me laugh, and still does. That shared humour gets us through the low times, and though we still sometimes differ in our views, we can still smile and laugh together!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    There's book smart, there's social smart and there's practical smart. I like a combo of the 3. And also, funny.

This.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Like are you ok going out with someone a little bit stupid, a lot stupid, or not at all stupid?

I couldn't deal with any women less than about 150. I've tried. And, it's just exhausting having to explain things all the time. Of course, the flip side is they are more challenging. And, they're hard to BS. LOL.
    you're kidding right? that literally knocks out the majority of the population. I'm guessing that you are misunderstanding something here.

What's hysterical about this, is anyone over 130 is considered gifted...and the guy who can't figure out how to take a selfie without us having to see the camera will only date geniuses.

My IQ is 146, btw. Dodged that bullet, thank heavens.
    :laugh:
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I could never date anyone stupid at all.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Like are you ok going out with someone a little bit stupid, a lot stupid, or not at all stupid?

I couldn't deal with any women less than about 150. I've tried. And, it's just exhausting having to explain things all the time. Of course, the flip side is they are more challenging. And, they're hard to BS. LOL.
    you're kidding right? that literally knocks out the majority of the population. I'm guessing that you are misunderstanding something here.

What's hysterical about this, is anyone over 130 is considered gifted...and the guy who can't figure out how to take a selfie without us having to see the camera will only date geniuses.

My IQ is 146, btw. Dodged that bullet, thank heavens.
    :laugh:

Unfortunately, y'all didnt get the joke. That's what I'm talking about. Lol.
    I'd say it was a bad attempt at sarcasm at best...nothing to not "get."
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    115-120
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    The stupider the better...
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    No diploma, no date. Also anyone that claims a statistically improbable number, no date. Unsmart people do that to sound smart. http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/iqtable.aspx

What's yours?