Who pays?

Options

Replies

• Icheatonmywife
    Icheatonmywife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Being a gentleman I would never expect a date to pay for dinner or activities. I would be insulted if she did.
  • Zealand4530
    Zealand4530 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Being a gentleman I would never expect a date to pay for dinner or activities. I would be insulted if she did.

Nice guy but this is how you start to lose control
  • arleban
    arleban Posts: 369 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    A war date sounds strangely appealing

Bish hand me the check or I swear to god I will put this taser to use!!

You think I won't taser you?! I will tase everyone in this restaurant!!

Boom. Love at first threat. The happy couple then leave and both get tased by the establishment as they forgot to pay the check in their hormone and adrenaline fueled romance.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Would it be wrong to ask a women to pay for everything? (I don't do this, but I'm curious about the "double standard")
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Would it be wrong to ask a women to pay for everything? (I don't do this, but I'm curious about the "double standard")

to ask her to pay, is probably wrong. I have never been asked to pay for everything.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    that's no Alpha trait
  • arleban
    arleban Posts: 369 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »
    that's no Alpha trait

Yeah, I also headbutt the waiter to make sure everyone knows who the real Alpha is at this date.
  • selina884
    Options
    arleban wrote: »
    that's no Alpha trait

Yeah, I also headbutt the waiter to make sure everyone knows who the real Alpha is at this date.

haha!

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I met a guy off of PoF years and years ago at Applebee's who tried to insist we order off the "2 for $20" part of the menu...I told him that I didn't mind paying for my lunch and he said "good because I don't have a lot of cash on me"

I still see him on Tinder...
  • selina884
    Options
    I met a guy off of PoF years and years ago at Applebee's who tried to insist we order off the "2 for $20" part of the menu...I told him that I didn't mind paying for my lunch and he said "good because I don't have a lot of cash on me"

I guess sometimes it depends on how it's communicated but generally I admire honesty like that and it's unfair for a guy to ONLY deserve a date if he can buy from an expensive menu for 2.

If a guy doesnt earn alot, he shouldnt be stripped off his right from going on a date or entering a relationship.
    (Not having a go at you as I dont understand if it bothered you or not)
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

I guess sometimes it depends on how it's communicated but generally I admire honesty like that and it's unfair for a guy to ONLY deserve a date if he can buy from an expensive menu for 2.

If a guy doesnt earn alot, he shouldnt be stripped off his right from going on a date or entering a relationship.

it was my first date as a newly single person, so I went into it not sure what the protocol was for paying, so I stopped at the ATM on the way there so I'd have enough cash to pay my own way. It was the whole "we have to order off the "2 for $20" menu thing that bothered me more. He invited me to lunch so he should have been ok with me ordering what I wanted to. Plus I'm a vegetarian and there were no vegetarian options on that part of the menu.
  • wolverine66
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Anyhow, that's what I would like. I earn my own living and always have, but I wouldn't be keen on paying my own way on a date. Unless I was the one who asked the guy out on the date, which I wouldn't do anyway.

I think a lot of women wouldn't ask a guy out. So is "whoever initiates" secret code for "he pays?" Because most of the time, he is expected to initiate?

• rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Assuming guy makes date he pays. Imo even if girl initiates guy still pays
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

Anyhow, that's what I would like. I earn my own living and always have, but I wouldn't be keen on paying my own way on a date. Unless I was the one who asked the guy out on the date, which I wouldn't do anyway.

I think a lot of women wouldn't ask a guy out. So is "whoever initiates" secret code for "he pays?" Because most of the time, he is expected to initiate?

I've never initiated a first date :o
  • selina884
    Options

it was my first date as a newly single person, so I went into it not sure what the protocol was for paying, so I stopped at the ATM on the way there so I'd have enough cash to pay my own way. It was the whole "we have to order off the "2 for $20" menu thing that bothered me more. He invited me to lunch so he should have been ok with me ordering what I wanted to. Plus I'm a vegetarian and there were no vegetarian options on that part of the menu.

Okay thats annoying and inconsiderate. Good riddance!

• selina884
    Options

same
  • selina884
    Options

True. That guy, though, should take his date to a Starbucks for a coffee and pay. Then he should focus on impressing her with his courtesy, his listening skills and his conversational abilities which will go a long way towards making her like him and wanting to spend more time with him. From there, she may well be motivated to invite him to her home for lunch on the second or third date. He could bring the groceries, she could do the cooking and they both could share the clean up. The relationship could naturally progress this way and no one would feel like they're getting the short end of the stick.

But I gather from this thread, that some women are game for paying their own way on a date. Or maybe it's just how the outing is labeled. I pay my own way when out with friends - we all pay our share, enjoy the chat and then go our own ways. If an expectation of something more than friendship (a/k/a "sex", or at least smooching) is brewing in the background, that changes the dynamics, the protocol and the interplay imo.

wow, thats a nice way to go about it too.

• Icheatonmywife
    Icheatonmywife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have been asked out 1 time by a woman, and I still paid, well we both did. She made the dinner I did the beverages, and desert. So it worked out well. I do pay when I initiate, I guess its just how I was raised.
  • wolverine66
    Options

yeah. i think i'm on to something here....