Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Scared at what I am reading

Options
d4_54
d4_54 Posts: 62 Member
I can't believe that people are still even using the word diet. This is a rant but I am willing to debate. If you excessively cut calories and starve yourself and add to this with excessive exercise you will regain any weight you lose. You will waste your life in your head and in the gym.

Just eat enough that you are nourished. Be active, rest and repeat this. If you are doing this and feel crap it's probably not the weight that is upsetting you.

The rubbish I am hearing about cheat days and 1200 calories and no carbs is ridiculous. Seriously. I love you all but the food and body is not the problem. It's a problem you have created to avoid another problem.

Energy balance and trying to enjoy everyday. Do not give the pass anymore of your time and expect no less then a positive future. This is the bit you should focus on. Not the amount of cals in your coffee.

Rant over. I am actually a nice guy but seriously I feel like I am in the matrix with some of you.

Replies

• d4_54
    Options
    Lemurcat12 I will look up the history of the word and post it hear but for me I see it as a word that can be used to sell us something. We should replace it with 'eating'. However they can't sell us that.
  • d4_54
    Options
    Here. Post it here. Grammar police lol.
  • d4_54
    Options
    I haven't singled anyone out. Ultimately we are all strangers and I don't expect anyone to stop what they are doing just because I said it. I stand by what I said however. Seska422, I see people on here sometimes ask for advice. Do you think starvation and excess exercise is sensibly advice? Do you think that is right?

I understand that what I said about personal issues vs weight loss might be upsetting and annoying for some to here from a random guy on the net. Again I apologise for that.
  • d4_54
    Options
    As well I didn't prescribe any particular way. I just shout energy balance and being active and enjoying life. For everyone that will look different and as you say will be their own way.
  • PamWOhio
    PamWOhio Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Exactly...most of what I see is people pushing to make sure you get in no less than 1200 for women. I have never seen anyone advocating starving yourself.
  • d4_54
    Options
    I am regretting my rant. Ok. I have been on here a few years. I used to log religiously but do not now but I do like to read the topics, recipes, etc but I have become a watcher as opposed to active commentator. Which explains my apologising for comments I now realise will obviously provoke emotion. As many of you have said, everyone's position is different.

I understand 'food/eating issues'. I am very understanding of the crappy grind they are. That is why I don't like to comment on people's threads or comments when I see it as I know there will be many people on here with eating disorders. I really don't want to tell anybody when I see bad bad advice as I understand that my comment is unlikely to have a positive effect on their behaviour. I would rather rather just say what I think is (imo) the most sensible way. But I accept there is no one way. I think you have to do what you can do for the rest of your life. That's why I am against starvation. (When I use the word starvation I am referring to post on here where I have seen people mention low cal eating and loads of exercise. I accept these types are not common.

Dianethegeek, I am sure your therapist is great but I doubt she would travel to England to chat with me
  • d4_54
    Options
    Pam0hio I feel your pain about conflicting advice