Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Enemas?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    My colonoscopy prep doesn't include enemas thankfully but I have Crohn's so it is inevitable that I will have to do an enema in my lifetime

I guess it depends on the doctor for what method is used. The one my hubby had (and one I will have sometime) involved drinking a gallon of lemon-flavored liquid and sitting on the toilet all day. I am not looking forward to the limited foods diet, then 2 days fasting plus the liquid.

Yup I have heard lots need it so it's not unusual.they use picosalax here (picolax? In he states) which is a powder mix you put in a cup of water. You drink 2of these at different times. Much better but still not nice lol. You still have to drink tons of clear fluid though and still live in bathroom ;)
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    This thread is pretty uptight. I think it needs an enema.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    This thread is pretty uptight. I think it needs an enema.

No need to rush.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I would've thought it'd be circling the drain by now.
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree with only using if for medical reasons...and for fetish reasons XD
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Since we are asking questions there is one on this topic I've always wanted to ask.

Are enemas for just really impatient people? Like someone who really wants to excrete feces but can't be bothered with all that waiting around so time to break out the hose and a bucket and get 'er done?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Since we are asking questions there is one on this topic I've always wanted to ask.

Are enemas for just really impatient people? Like someone who really wants to excrete feces but can't be bothered with all that waiting around so time to break out the hose and a bucket and get 'er done?

I'm gonna be late for work, guess I better crank out my trusty hose and bucket or I'll never get there on time! I ain't got time to wait around!
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options

That's why they're called the Caffeine achievers.
  • _BrewingAZ_
    _BrewingAZ_ Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    This thread is an experience.
    I...can't...stop...reading it...

• snickerscharlie
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

I work in healthcare. The protocol in every place I've worked is to use them when oral laxatives and rectal suppositories fail. Enemas are last resort.

I work in humor. Every forum I've been on humor is used when trying to be serious fails. Humor is the last resort.

In many cases, it should be the first. ;)
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to see how things are going

These puns are fantastic
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Just checking in to see how things are going
    Swimmingly, I imagine.

• OneWayOnlyCycles