Pregnancy 2010 - July

Options

Replies

• Caliwaters25
    Options
    Jalara- My husband couldn't make it to that visit but he will for the U/S and thanks for the water calculator it shaved off 2 cups so now its 14 cups of liquid.

Angela- I think it does include the water in food but according to the water calculator it seems that I need 85 ounces of water just to stay hydrated.
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Morning!

Had a crazy weekend with my 12 year old godchild over. She was a hoot, and is a SUPER picky eater....so I ate junk all weekend so I didn't have to fight with her. LOL. I did take her to Zumba with me on Saturday morning, she was so good! Everyone there tells me I'm going to have an easy labor....I think they jinxed me! We shall see....

Cant' imagine my weight being good tomorrow at weigh in.

I can tell you I started to notice Braxton Hicks contractions this weekend. Not painful, but noticed them.

5 more weeks!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    It's coming up soo soon shippingqueen! I haven'thad any Braxton Hicks yet I don't think. In a way I'm kind of excited to experience them, just so I'll know what the real ones will be like. lol
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!!! I have been MIA since last Friday, the 16th, because I've been working and teaching at a summer church camp. It was soooo tiring, but worth every minute when over 47 kids accepted Jesus as their savior!! :love: Today is my first day back and I'm EXHAUSTED! Needless to say since we were being served our food everyday, I had no way of counting calories. I ate what I wanted...which I know was not good, but I needed a lot of energy with the HOTTTT sun and keeping up with all the kids! Back to the real world this week since I have to go back to work too! My long summer is officially over tomorrow :sad: I LOVE being at home....wish I could be a stay at home mommy when we have a baby!!! So back to the bump and grind tomorrow...which means counting calories and exercising too!

There wasn't much time to do the baby dance while my husband and I were at the camp (since I had to be in the girls dorm, and he in the boys), but we're praying that it was quality and not quantity that counts this month... LOL.

I'll have to read all the posts and catch up on what's been going on!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - I just wanted to drop in and say how wonderful you are all looking these days! I love watching yoru tickers move down the line - so funny!

My friend had a new baby this past Thursday - he was breech so she had a C-section (they had tried to turn manually but it didn't work). So I got to see him on Friday and he was so sweet! He weighed 7lbs 11 oz (of which he dropped 7 oz pretty quick - as they all do), but his features were so TINY... he seemed much smaller than my nephew was in March.

OhI can't wait to be a Mom!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - I just wanted to drop in and say how wonderful you are all looking these days! I love watching your tickers move down the line - so funny!

My friend had a new baby this past Thursday - he was breech so she had a C-section (they had tried to turn manually but it didn't work). So I got to see him on Friday and he was so sweet! He weighed 7lbs 11 oz (of which he dropped 7 oz pretty quick - as they all do), but his features were so TINY... he seemed much smaller than my nephew was in March.

OhI can't wait to be a Mom!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Had my OB appt yesterday. Baby is still in position and is measuring "perfectly". Yay!

I forgot to weight in this morning, but according the my docs office (which is always different from my scale) says I gained 1lbs this week. I'll weight in tomorrow.

Baby room is done being painted. It looks really good! I'll post pics when the room gets organized. :-)
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hey ladies!!! I have been MIA since last Friday, the 16th, because I've been working and teaching at a summer church camp. It was soooo tiring, but worth every minute when over 47 kids accepted Jesus as their savior!! :love: Today is my first day back and I'm EXHAUSTED! Needless to say since we were being served our food everyday, I had no way of counting calories. I ate what I wanted...which I know was not good, but I needed a lot of energy with the HOTTTT sun and keeping up with all the kids! Back to the real world this week since I have to go back to work too! My long summer is officially over tomorrow :sad: I LOVE being at home....wish I could be a stay at home mommy when we have a baby!!! So back to the bump and grind tomorrow...which means counting calories and exercising too!

There wasn't much time to do the baby dance while my husband and I were at the camp (since I had to be in the girls dorm, and he in the boys), but we're praying that it was quality and not quantity that counts this month... LOL.

I'll have to read all the posts and catch up on what's been going on!

mwilson- That is so amazing that you got to go to camp and that those kids got a chance to hear the gospel. I know what its like to be at camp and just eat what they serve because you have no control in the kitchen. But I wouldn't worry about it you probably burned it all off.
    I didn't get to go to camp this summer because of school and because of my pregnancy I didn't feel up to it because I would have been still in my first trimester and the camp was at Arkansas which is to hot!
    Good Luck with TTC
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    Had my OB appt yesterday. Baby is still in position and is measuring "perfectly". Yay!

I forgot to weight in this morning, but according the my docs office (which is always different from my scale) says I gained 1lbs this week. I'll weight in tomorrow.

Baby room is done being painted. It looks really good! I'll post pics when the room gets organized. :-)

YEAH! I love "perfectly". I start my every week appointments next week and should get checked to see if I'm dialated and from Step B.

I forgot to weigh in this morning as well....I'll remember tomorrow. Great job on just the 1lb gain :happy:

We are 95% done with the baby's room - closet is going in tomorrow. So I'll post pics next week after all the accessories are put in place. How do you post pics on here??
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    you have to go through a photo converter which is super annoying lol

Here is the link to my facebook photo album which has all our pregnancy pics including baby room photos :-) Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=47939&id=1062205157&l=0aa1dbf569
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I actually made my first appointment yesterday. I am also starting to feel queasy at times especially when I have eaten to much or haven't eaten. I am starting to feel pregnant. Wierd too though because it still doesn't feel real! I am really trying to eat better. It works half the time! I am really liking ice cream right now... :noway:

Hope you are all doing well. Take care!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Hi all! I actually made my first appointment yesterday. I am also starting to feel queasy at times especially when I have eaten to much or haven't eaten. I am starting to feel pregnant. Wierd too though because it still doesn't feel real! I am really trying to eat better. It works half the time! I am really liking ice cream right now... :noway:

remind me how far you are? Sorry I have a bad memory lol
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I can't remember if I posted anything on here yesterday or not but I just found out I'm pregnant and super excited. This is baby #3 for me. I have two boys....won't mind 3 but would love some more pink in the house! This is our LAST baby no matter what.
    I'm just about 5 weeks and have a doctor apt August 9 to check and see the baby!
    My goal is to stay committed to logging my calories and watching my sugar/protein intakes.
    I have been sick since Friday. I think it was a stomach bug BUT i'm stil very sick to my stomach and my food is sitting in my throat everytime I eat.
    So not sure how to manage getting enough calories. I might try a protein shake tonight after working out. Should I wait to workout until I talk to my doctor??
    I am just doing pump tonight an dwant to cycle in the morning.
    Anyways, congrats and I'm excited to start getting to know you all over the next several months!
    autumn
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    congrats auttyfrmca!

There's no risk in exercising. There is very little you can do to hurt the baby (drugs, smoking, drinking you should stay away from lol) my doc assured me that if I were to lose the baby it would not be related to exercise. I personally wouldn't recommend starting any new routines that are more strenuous than what you're used to and make sure to drink lots and lots of extra water.

I lost 8lbs my first trimester from morning sickness. *sigh. Eat healthy foods high in calories like avocado. It's light tasting and can be eaten with light foots (a little avocado, cream cheese and lemon juice mixed together spread on bread or toast was somewhat tolerable, or avocado and lettuce salad, scrambled egg and avocado ... or just avocado. ;-) I post a few foods from 100 Healthiest Foods to Eat During Pregnancy on here every once in awhile and they have some foods that are recommended for morning sickness, etc. I've attached the links below.

1st Timester:
    ALMONDS: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/100150-almonds-1st-trimester-healthiest-foods
    ANCHOVIES: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/100146-anchovies-1st-trimester-healthiest-foods-during-pregnancy
    APPLESAUCE: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/100145-applesauce-1st-trimester-healthiest-foods
    BANANAS: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/100464-bananas-1st-trimester-healthiest-foods-during-pregnancy
    BROTH: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/101059-broth-1st-trimester-healthiest-foods-to-eat-during-pregn
    BROWN RICE: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/102536-brown-rice-1st-trimester-healthies-foods-to-eat-during-p
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    This week's gain: 0.6lbs

pregnancy starting weight: 162lbs
    current weight: 185.8lbs
    pregnancy gain: 23.8lbs
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    yeah i couldn't figure out how to post the pictures on this blog, the links aren't showing up for some reason :-(
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    Weighed in this morning: up 1.5 lbs.

35 weeks - total weight gain is 25.5.

5 more weeks!!
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Just a quick congrats auttyfrmca!

Weigh in

CW 168
    SW164 (prre- pregnancy weight)

Heading to class 5 more school days left and then a much needed break, hope you gals are having a good summer.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

remind me how far you are? Sorry I have a bad memory lol

No worries. almost 6 weeks. I am an early tester, LOL I knew at 3-1/2...It makes the time go really slow!!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Ashley and I’ve been TTC (as per the acronyms I see you all use, still trying to figure out some of the others though) for 7 months or so now. I quit smoking about 11 months ago knowing I would be want to start trying soon enough. Now I’m just trying to make sure I develop and keep healthy lifestyle for when I do actually get pregnant. This thread seems to have a lot of wonderful health tips for the exact situation I’m in and so I hope no one minds that I’ll be stealing some suggestions.