Pregnancy 2010 - July

Options

Replies

• tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Everyone's baby tickers are so close to the end. It probably doesn't feel this way to you, but I cant believe how fast it has gone! I cant believe they are almost here. You HAVE to post baby pics once the little ones arrive.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I actually made my first appointment yesterday. I am also starting to feel queasy at times especially when I have eaten to much or haven't eaten. I am starting to feel pregnant. Wierd too though because it still doesn't feel real! I am really trying to eat better. It works half the time! I am really liking ice cream right now... :noway:

Hope you are all doing well. Take care!

remind me how far you are? Sorry I have a bad memory lol

No worries. almost 6 weeks. I am an early tester, LOL I knew at 3-1/2...It makes the time go really slow!!

we were too. I tested early, but it was negative so I didn't find out until 4 weeks, but it made it go REALLY slow! *sigh I didn't feel like it picked up speed until close the the second trimester. lol You should add a pregnancy ticker!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I got a ticker. It is almost hard to put up as we have not even broke the news to our parents yet. We will soon. It is amazing how surreal it seems. Also the last time I got pregnant this easy it ended in miscarriage, so I think I have that in the back of my mind. This baby is meant to come. I have not even had any spotting. All is well. I need to keep saying that. All is well!

Keep up the great baby making!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    Uh-oh, almost 24 hours with no new posts, is everyone doing ok? Did you all go into labor at once?
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Everyone's baby tickers are so close to the end. It probably doesn't feel this way to you, but I cant believe how fast it has gone! I cant believe they are almost here. You HAVE to post baby pics once the little ones arrive.

I know - crazy! I will post pictures as soon as I can figure out how!

:laugh: No labor here, but I do have some minor cramps - like period cramps. Work has me doing crazy hours these days because the timer could go off any day now! LOL.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I just found out Tuesday I was 4 weeks and today we did an u/s to confirm it was in the uterus with a yolk sac. I had a previous ectopic.

YAY it was there I made myself a nervous wreck.

I'm hoping to not gain the 50 lbs I did with my last baby and since I am already obese stick with just 15 lbs. Congratulations to all the soon to be mama's
  • debnu1
    Options
    I just found out Tuesday I was 4 weeks and today we did an u/s to confirm it was in the uterus with a yolk sac. I had a previous ectopic.

YAY it was there I made myself a nervous wreck.

I'm hoping to not gain the 50 lbs I did with my last baby and since I am already obese stick with just 15 lbs. Congratulations to all the soon to be mama's

I can quickly make myself a nervous wreck too! My last PG I paid out of pocket to have the confirmation ultrasound. I was going crazy, and I have not had an ectopic before, only a miscarriage. There is something very relaxing about hearing the baby's heartbeat and seeing it on the monitor. Congratulations and best of luck!
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I can also make myself a wreck!! I miscarried before my two babies that I have...any weird feeling makes me crazy. And I didn't want to tell anyone but my dear husband told his friends from church and one of the wifes sent a text message to everyone at church. All my friends knew before I could tell them. WTH!?!?! (heck) I haven't been to the doctor to see an us AND it's MY news woman! I'm going to see her later today. Should I say something to her like "thanks for telling everyone my news"?
    My husband doesn't understand why I'm upset about the situation. He's a man though =)
    I need to get going. Lots of stuff to do! Y'all have a fantastic day. (I'll be on later to check what you guys think if anyone has any comments)
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    Look at all these lovely newly pregnant ladies!!!! Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy 9 months!

I've got 30 days.....I'm down to days - holy moly! :laugh:
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    whew! it's good to see you people talking again, I thought everyone went into labor.
    shoppingqueen - you are in the last box. woooohooooooo!:drinker: I'm partying for you since you can't! :flowerforyou:
    angela's been strangely quiet for a few days, I hope everything is ok.
    auttyfrmca - you should definitely say something. She should learn to keep her nose out of other people's business. It's always exciting to tell people that you are pregnant, now matter how many kids you have. Maybe tell her to apologize to you in fornt of everyone at church. :wink:
  • debnu1
    Options
    I think the "thanks for telling everyone my news" very sarcastically will get the point across. Some people don't realize what they have done. I like sarcastic comments....maybe a little tooo much sometimes!! :bigsmile: :devil:

I have been surprised that I am already feeling queezy--I don't remember it coming on this quick. But then I usually have told everyone my news by now too. Normally we are test and tell people. But being that I tested 4 days before my period was due we have been waiting. My husband just isn't ready to tell yet. He gets in this mode where he doesn't want to hear any comments from anyone, good or bad. This would be one of those times. :tongue: So I will go with it and then my daughter can help us come up with a good way of sharing--we are thinking she will draw a picture of our family to be and show it to everyone... I am not creative in that way. My SIL is very creative, brain teasers, snow balls saying "no balls" a watchamacalit to announce the baby has one. That sort of thing. I don't want to compete too much but I just don't have ideas for that sort of thing!
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    whew! it's good to see you people talking again, I thought everyone went into labor.
    shoppingqueen - you are in the last box. woooohooooooo!:drinker: I'm partying for you since you can't! :flowerforyou:
    angela's been strangely quiet for a few days, I hope everything is ok.
    auttyfrmca - you should definitely say something. She should learn to keep her nose out of other people's business. It's always exciting to tell people that you are pregnant, now matter how many kids you have. Maybe tell her to apologize to you in fornt of everyone at church. :wink:

I AM!!!! YAHOO! hahahahahahahahaha - that's funny! Yes, please party for me - I can't wait to drink my first Lemon Drop Martini. I'll be on the floor after 4 slips :laugh:
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    auttyfrmca- I think that its terrible that she spoiled your fun and told everyone. I totally agree that you should say something, I love the sarcastic comment it will get the point across and make her realize that she needs to think before she speaks or texts. Hopefully you are able to still tell others like your family and friends outside of church. Some people are just brain dead they don't think they just act but that doesn't mean they can't change. Hope it all works out for you. Maybe you can make an announcement the next time you are in church and say for those of you that have not heard so you are able to still have a little of your thunder.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    wow shopping queen, it's crazy how quickly this seems to be going! I laughed at your lemon drop message. This whole pregnancy I've been craving a nice cold beer lol. Although I stopped into a shop the other day and the lady said that there's an old wives tail that if you drink a guiness it will put you into labor. After hearing it she tried it and the next day went into labor, she says her friend did the same. lol ... so maybe I'll make an excuse to have a Guiness around 37 weeks haha
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    where'd everyone go?

My hubby and I just got back from a romantic weekend getaway ... stayed at a hotel across town lol.
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Do you pregnant ladies still track your calories? I was eating 1200 or less prepregnancy and now I'm staying closer to or more than 1500....not sure how much more I need to eat. It makes me sick to eat and to not eat for that matter. I only made it to 1500 today because I ate cream cheese icing leftover from a carrot cake I made friday! It was good!
  • debnu1
    Options
    I have mine set around 1900--basically what it would take to maintain my current weight. I thought that with the extra calories needed by the baby that would work out well. I have not been logging like I want to though, I haven't been good at all. It is hard when nothing sounds good and I feel sick if I eat and sick if I don't:bigsmile: I think I am in your same boat! My idea is that I wan't to eat healthier foods--fruits and vegies, whole grains. You know the things we are supposed to be eating. I even have salad makings in my fridge but the problem is salads are totally not what my body wants. I have had a few omelets lately and they have been hitting the spot. Along with toast with strawberry jam. Yum! I have also found that crystal light works quite well when my stomach is rolling and water doesn't sound good.

Just a few thoughts!
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    I'm logging about 1800 - 2200 calories per day. I'm still pretty active though so I have to take that into consideration. I'm having a hard time eating all of those calories in one day because I get full so quickly. I live on fruit, cereal and oatmeal during the day and a good piece of chicken or beef for dinner. Trying to avoid the sodium as well, however Mac and Cheese dinner nights seem to be happening a lot lately because I run out of time to make a good dinner.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'm also at 1800-1900 and hope to stay there the whole pregnancy.

I think it sucks that someone shared your joy for you, but it is also exciting that she was so excited to do so. Maybe she just wasn't thinking.

Our Doctor offerred an U/S at 6.5 weeks to see the hb, but I'm going to be patient and believe everything is okay and wait till 7.5 weeks because of insurance, husband just got a new job.

I am trying to stay positive I feel pregnant this time, where as with my ectopic I kept telling my husband I didn't even feel pregnant, plus I had no symptoms, it just became an issue at 10 weeks.

I am so excited about all the girls getting ready to have their babies and I hope all us newbies are there in 8-9 months.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    shoppingqueen: I going to try a Zumba class this week. Can you tell me a little about how your class is run? any advice for a first timer would be GREAT! Thanks in advance!