Feeling unattractive?

Options

Replies

• StarBonfireBeachSexMeYou
    StarBonfireBeachSexMeYou Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @AashenReykar
    As much as we hear or would like to believe that other people's words and actions can't hurt us unless we let them, it's simply not always true. Most of the time it's who we love or who is supposed to love us, that hurt us the most. There is no love without pain. No growth without struggle. But we all make the choice how we treat others, what kind of ripple we help create. Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to believe all of it, sometimes I feel it's okay to let myself give in to the constriction.
    "If I can ease one life the aching"
    - Emily Dickinson
    I guess it'll be a wash...
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Feeling unattractive....nah.

I find lots of freedom in acknowledging I'm one step removed from a sasquatch lol. No false expectations :D
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    I can't believe so many people can think like this. I have never had this feeling. Even in my fattest days. Do any of you have any ounce of ego?! Damn you!

As to the OP, I am sure others have told you. You look attractive. Your bf cheating on you does not have to do with how you look. There is a ton of factors involved. Don't sweat it. Don't let it define your future years and relatioships.

Example, look at Tiger Woods. Totally gorgeous wife. His mistresses - some of them look so ugly that ....

Turns out Tiger loved deviant sex and is a sex addict. A woman like his wife, she is not going to weird herself down like a prostitute. Some women are not raised/socialized that way.

It also has to do with emotions. Arnold Schwar... had a secret life with his housekeeper for years. His wife is a Kennedy and is probably more arrogant and reserved. And he found comfort and love with his housekeeper though it goes against marriage vows.

I had a coworker. She is blond and looks like Margot Robbie and is a top class dresser. Her husband was banging Asian women in the city. She found out and was crushed. Not her fault at all. Her husband found a new fetish.

Point is - people cheat for the weirdest of reasons. No need to bring your self-esteem down for it.

I find it hilarious that in this entire egotistical monologue you manage to tell women that their husbands don't cheat because of how they look, but it's still their fault because they won't 'weird themselves down like a prositute' or because they're 'probably arrogant and reserved'. It reads like a self-help book penned by a reclusive 14 year old boy.
    People cheat primarily because we all fear death.
  • amethystskycg
    amethystskycg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have good days and bad days. I still hate to be in pictures.
  • tenwolves13
    tenwolves13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Always felt a little insecure but now even more so since I turned 40 and gained some pounds. Trying to at least shes the pounds.
  • let_me_clip_dirty_wings
    let_me_clip_dirty_wings Posts: 2,910 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Wait, what?!?! Feeling unattractive is a bad thing?!?! How else are we supposed to develop our minds and personalities?!?!
    #ChessIsBetterThanCheckers
    #TongueInCheek
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Wait, what?!?! Feeling unattractive is a bad thing?!?! How else are we supposed to develop our minds and personalities?!?!
    #ChessIsBetterThanCheckers

I like it :)

While appearance is important in certain contexts, hopefully there's some depth behind the looks.
  • fitmomness
    fitmomness Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Married since 1997 to brianbgboy :o
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Looking back on my High School pictures, I don't understand why I felt unattractive then.

Looking at current pictures compared to some of those same classmates from many decades ago, I feel pretty good :)
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Every day that ends in "Y"
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Sure.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Yup.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Yes but I like it
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I can't believe so many people can think like this. I have never had this feeling. Even in my fattest days. Do any of you have any ounce of ego?! Damn you!

As to the OP, I am sure others have told you. You look attractive. Your bf cheating on you does not have to do with how you look. There is a ton of factors involved. Don't sweat it. Don't let it define your future years and relatioships.

Example, look at Tiger Woods. Totally gorgeous wife. His mistresses - some of them look so ugly that ....

Turns out Tiger loved deviant sex and is a sex addict. A woman like his wife, she is not going to weird herself down like a prostitute. Some women are not raised/socialized that way.

It also has to do with emotions. Arnold Schwar... had a secret life with his housekeeper for years. His wife is a Kennedy and is probably more arrogant and reserved. And he found comfort and love with his housekeeper though it goes against marriage vows.

I had a coworker. She is blond and looks like Margot Robbie and is a top class dresser. Her husband was banging Asian women in the city. She found out and was crushed. Not her fault at all. Her husband found a new fetish.

Point is - people cheat for the weirdest of reasons. No need to bring your self-esteem down for it.

I find it hilarious that in this entire egotistical monologue you manage to tell women that their husbands don't cheat because of how they look, but it's still their fault because they won't 'weird themselves down like a prositute' or because they're 'probably arrogant and reserved'. It reads like a self-help book penned by a reclusive 14 year old boy.
    People cheat primarily because we all fear death.

Cutaway_ Collar ... His humor quotient was unrivaled in here. Resident 'devil's advocate' . Miss his daily doses of the outrageous and heinous, as ONLY HE would go there. :laugh:
  • lllllIIIIIlllll
    lllllIIIIIlllll Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my gf tells me I'm cute, but I'm on to her lies.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    I do have days like that, but then I look at my co-work and realize, I could have it worse! :smiley:

😂😂😂😎🤗...I so dig you DW!😎🤘🤗💜
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Most days hell ya😣....but I try to blend in the background so no one notices.....🤷😬
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I try to not look in the mirror, especially when I'm not wearing a wig.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Most days