Feeling unattractive?

Options

Replies

• chelsearutene
    chelsearutene Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've put back on weight lately and my bad diet shows I've been getting blemishes and oily skin ....feel terrible to be fair ...gets me down no matter how I try and play it off as I don't care
  • kathywinterhalter
    Options
    Absolutely. But I'm trying not to focus on that right now.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I have good days and bad days ..it happens to us all.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing!
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    Wow ...I didn't know so many people felt that way ...Give credit 2 anyone being so honest ...I guess everyone has their moments ...I get told I look angry (5 am @ the gym I'm just not awake yet & I'm not the most social at that point either) ....Good days & bad days Definitely
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    ...But I have 2 say ...It is Amazing how far a smile can go for u ...So boys & girls ...That's the lesson of the day ...Smile!
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    I think it is hard to look in the mirror and not see the person we use to be no matter what we look like now and as a result feel unattractive. I definitely struggle with that. I still see the rail thin person I was most of my life and have a hard time accepting compliments as a result. I often think that fixing the person on the inside is more important than the one on the outside.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Today is a feeling very ugly day. Maybe because it was grey and raining. Maybe because lots of stress. Maybe because other things in my life should be better than they are but they aren't. But, tomorrow is another day.

I think you are adorable. And pretty eyes.

But, I understand. I have some pain conditions from medical injury. I feel down, vulnerable, and a little scared when pain is flaring up.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    Yes. Often, actually. Idk. Low self-esteem, damaged goods, call it what you want. I can relate to a comment that said they are told they are beautiful, etc. But feel the person is lying. Exactly how I feel. Lol. I feel disgusting most days. If I was beautiful, I would have someone, right? Who knows. Life is crazy beautiful and works in mysterious ways. Maybe my soulmate is still wandering about hah tmi
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to try and get all philosophical here, but what im reading in these threads there's a theme of how much negative we see in ourselves. im included in that regardless of how much I'm told otherwise. One important thing to remember is that "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder, one of the most beautiful women I know was my best friend, and she didn't see it or feel that way about herself and didn't believe I could either. so just becuase you aren't beautiful by your standards or maybe a magazines or maybe even some people doesn't mean 1. that you aren't beautiful and 2. other people don't find you beautiful, or handsome (in the case for the Bros). I know it's hard but try to hold your head high and know that someone out there will find your physical appearance wonderful and when you show that person who you are also (unless you're a complete turd) on the inside you'll go from beautiful to amazing. that's the most sentimental and emo I'll be getting all year. thank you for shopping s mart.

Lol..I've met a few good looking turds ..
    I agree with your sentiments. Thing is you can tell someone till you're blue in the face that they are attractive ..but if they don't see it ..they will always think you are lying.
  • waffles_tasty_waffles
    Options
    I'm not going to try and get all philosophical here, but what im reading in these threads there's a theme of how much negative we see in ourselves. im included in that regardless of how much I'm told otherwise. One important thing to remember is that "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder, one of the most beautiful women I know was my best friend, and she didn't see it or feel that way about herself and didn't believe I could either. so just becuase you aren't beautiful by your standards or maybe a magazines or maybe even some people doesn't mean 1. that you aren't beautiful and 2. other people don't find you beautiful, or handsome (in the case for the Bros). I know it's hard but try to hold your head high and know that someone out there will find your physical appearance wonderful and when you show that person who you are also (unless you're a complete turd) on the inside you'll go from beautiful to amazing. that's the most sentimental and emo I'll be getting all year. thank you for shopping s mart.

Lol..I've met a few good looking turds ..
    I agree with your sentiments. Thing is you can tell someone till you're blue in the face that they are attractive ..but if they don't see it ..they will always think you are lying.

torally agree. that's why I was saying that what we see as beautiful even with our own selves doesn't depict how others see us. even if we feel that way. feeling ugly is something I wish I could change about people. it's really a tough feeling.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    5ft 8, grey hair, ugly face, not shredded enough, single for four years and counting. Unattractive? I genuinely hate myself and I am 100% ashamed of myself for the way I look and the effect that my appearance has on women.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    This is such a sad thread, people listing what they consider makes them ugly, when actually, the truth is that beauty comes from within. I genuinely believe there is someone for everyone but if you can't love yourself you can't really expect anyone else too...
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hard to type this but yes very much how I feel about myself most days, and how I have felt for my entire life. It's difficult when you suffer from anxiety (at times debilitating). Often goes hand in hand with feeling very negative.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    5ft 8, grey hair, ugly face, not shredded enough, single for four years and counting. Unattractive? I genuinely hate myself and I am 100% ashamed of myself for the way I look and the effect that my appearance has on women.

well now.... the only direction from this is 'up', isn't it?
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »

i don't see it. you're very attractive! don't see being single as a bad thing - do things that you otherwise would not do. i've been single now for 2 years. i don't miss the drama of a relationship. i do miss the hugs and the intimacy perhaps. but i love that i can be me and no one can say otherwise. if i have a bad day i have a bad day. i can call friends and talk or i can go for a long drive and get out of this town.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I used to struggle with self image/self esteem and it's still an issue from time to time. Some days I feel like a god and other days not so much. But I realized that for me personally the things I don't like about myself, whether physical or mental are things that I have the power to change.

The more I exercise and stay on course the more I generally feel better about myself. Other people's opinions on how I look are starting to mean less and less to me because to be honest most people can and will find any reason not to like you, if it's wasn't your looks it would be something else really trivial.

There was a point i meant to make but now I think I'm just rambling.

But to end this comment, sometimes you just gotta look in the mirror, tell yourself you're awesome and there's no one else like you on earth, and keep it moving.