WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Lovely day today. DGD was out of school early so we picked her up and she is at our house until time for swim team practice. We will take her there and her dad will meet us and take her home. Food is going well. I got weed and feed spread in the front yard and part of the front pasture. the buttercups are obnoxious and the horses won't touch them. The only thing worse are the blackberries. I think we have about 5 acres covered in blackberry brush that is nearly impossible to eliminate. Anybody heard of agricultural vinegar? I was told it will kill just about any plant but won't hurt animals or pollute water.

KarenE - Sending you bright thoughts.

Barbie - Glad you found out what is going on and that there is a solution. Sounds like a long recovery, but you can do it.

Pip - love the shirts. They are so cool. Are you parked at the Skaggit County fairgrounds?

Janetr - Enjoy the great adventure. I am sending you traveling mercies.

Becca - Happy Anniversary!!! Your plans sound great.

Kim - Hope you had a backup plan. Is Levi pooping colored paper from the muffin cups?

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • jfrench555
    jfrench555 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just a quick thought here...at one time, don't remember when, I read somewhere that we actually burn 1200 calories a day JUST LIVING!!! So today when I was logging in my food and exercise I thought, hmmm, I didn't make it to the gym, or clean the house, or walk except for around the house and some clothes shopping for about 1/2 hour, BUT, I did LIVE today, so do y'all think I can create "Living" as an exercise and count it in my log against the calories I ate ? LOL....ck back with you all Monday.
    THanks for the encouraging notes also. I will use all the suggestions given!

Peace out :)

Janice from Va. Beach
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Hello ladies: Lovely day today. DGD was out of school early so we picked her up and she is at our house until time for swim team practice. We will take her there and her dad will meet us and take her home. Food is going well. I got weed and feed spread in the front yard and part of the front pasture. the buttercups are obnoxious and the horses won't touch them. The only thing worse are the blackberries. I think we have about 5 acres covered in blackberry brush that is nearly impossible to eliminate. Anybody heard of agricultural vinegar? I was told it will kill just about any plant but won't hurt animals or pollute water.

Barbie - Glad you found out what is going on and that there is a solution. Sounds like a long recovery, but you can do it.

Pip - love the shirts. They are so cool. Are you parked at the Skaggit County fairgrounds?

Kim - Hope you had a backup plan. Is Levi pooping colored paper from the muffin cups?

skuehn48 wrote: »

Yea we r!
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Love the earring!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy fri,rainy and humid here.Gonna try to get out of the house over the weekend and hubby is home,haven`t been out since surgery.doing my pt ex 2xs a day,Knee is doing good I hope,see dr next week.
    Get frustrated as I want ot walk more,but can`t as my left knee is so messed up,but staying positive.Hugs jane
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Carol~ Well, I have found that my tastes are so different than my husbands. I love the grains, and the veggies, and if its my penance to make two meals so I can eat what I like than so be it. I ate my last of my tilapia/wild rice meals (had made 4 servings) and I didn't once think, "I would rather have their hamburgers, or their steaks". I didn't sample or taste either, which I was proud of myself. Oh for dessert tonight, I had my greek key lime yogurt and toasted some sweetened toasted coconut (2 tbsp) and I was a happy girl. I think I will toast coconut every time I have a sweet tooth! When its warm and toasted its kind of sticky sweet, like a piece of candy.

Oh today I ROCKED the pool!! Really did a lot of laps, (don't ask me how many I lose count), and did 90+ pull ups on the lane dive block. I then did a bunch of back flips. I hold on to the side of the pool, then push off, arching my back and going under. As I am coming around, there is a point when I am completely vertical, and I think of whales...hahaha! My back feels really good. Thank God all these actions are underwater...

After we came home from the pool, I laid down for 1/2 hr. We had stopped off at the grocery store, got gas for our trip to Portland tomorrow afternoon, and I felt the need for a moment before I ate lunch. I crashed and drooled...

As I was making my Wasa crispbread, 2 slices of ham, 2 pickles, 1 oz of smoky cheddar, my eldest sister called. She had stated that she had rec'd a tub of margarita mix, and had bought some tequila to make them. Well she had never made the margarita mix for her family that had visited, so yesterday after a long day working in the yard she thought that tequila with some mixer, and a lemon wedge sounded good. Unfortunately, after sipping the drink she thought of our middle sister, and felt so guilty. She said, " I am turning into our middle sister, and drinking tequila!" There are many family members that have had a drinking problem in my family, so my sister and I always keep that "in check". We are saddened about our middle sister with her drinking problem. Once again she is in hiding and not calling me back. I felt blessed to have my eldest sister call me though. We decided that we will skype next! I said it has to be on a good hair day though! I said, we could sip on something alcoholic together and not feel any guilt at all!

This morning I was 239.0 and I feel really good about that. Being that on Wednesday at the TOPS meeting I weighed in at 244.6. I think swimming with conviction has something to do with it. Putting my numbers in for that is 600 calories.

Oh I have decided to wear a print dress to the Pin-Up/Veterans event tomorrow. My shoes were not matching so husband stopped at the Goodwill store, and I found some cute dainty looking brown shoes with a low heel to wear with it. I will have my teenager take a pic of us all dressed up :-)

Everyone have a great weekend. ((((((((((((((((((group hugs now))))))))))))))))))))
    Becca
    Oregon
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I think it was Kim who made a comment about something I must have said by mistake about my 2200 sq foot house being small. Gracious, I don't know what I was saying. I think what I must have been referring to was the original family room in the house plans was small and we left it unfinished so we could make it big. No one in our family has ever had a house this big. The kids friends called our house a mansion. It is rediculously to big for the two of us. But come Thanksgiving when we have our meal in the family room it fits us pretty good. Then when the whole family comes for Christmas, it is tiny. My nephews procriate to much! They both have 4 kids and no wife. One of them will more than likely have his girlfriend come with him and the mother of his children come with his parents, my brother.

Pip, love the pictures. In one of them you have 3 bikes and one of them has a seat attached. Do your dogs have seats? Love the camp site. A bit jealous.

Doctor's office finally called and I will now be on my 5th blood pressure pill.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    I think it was Kim who made a comment about something I must have said by mistake about my 2200 sq foot house being small. Gracious, I don't know what I was saying. I think what I must have been referring to was the original family room in the house plans was small and we left it unfinished so we could make it big. No one in our family has ever had a house this big. The kids friends called our house a mansion. It is rediculously to big for the two of us. But come Thanksgiving when we have our meal in the family room it fits us pretty good. Then when the whole family comes for Christmas, it is tiny. My nephews procriate to much! They both have 4 kids and no wife. One of them will more than likely have his girlfriend come with him and the mother of his children come with his parents, my brother.

Pip, love the pictures. In one of them you have 3 bikes and one of them has a seat attached. Do your dogs have seats? Love the camp site. A bit jealous.

Doctor's office finally called and I will now be on my 5th blood pressure pill.

Joyce, Indiana

The wooden bike has a pouch attached under the seat for like spare tube etc. he is riding a different bike each day, I'm riding the orange bike both days. The kids are with the sitters while we r here
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did about 1-1/4 hr of Jane Fonda's Workout Challenge. I really wanted to see how this DVD downloaded. It's an older one of hers and it's so interesting. Many of the moves were yoga moves. This was before yoga was big. And the clothes! Leg warmers, etc. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Biggest Loser Calorie Killer Circuit DVD

Exercised, had to cut it short to go to my mammogram. Went to a different place this time. I want to keep everything in one building. This is where I go for my DEXA. It's just a pain to keep remembering that I go here for one thing and there for another. Went to the pharmacy next door afterwards to see about a wheelchair (if they rent it). I thought maybe they'd help me out since that's where we get one of Loki's meds. However, they can't loan out, but he did recommend this wheelchair place near there. I went there and they were closed! the sign says they're open M-F 9-xxx and it was only 10. So I'll go back another day. Then stopped at the Salvation Army, then Habitat for Humanity (are their prices ever high!), then Aldi, then Vince and I went to WalMart because he needed to pick up some of his prescriptions, then I strung some more popcorn. While I was stringing, I got this bad cramp in my leg. Mary, I tried the pickle juice. Is that stuff nasty tasting. But I choked it down in the hopes that it does help the cramping. Will have dinner in a few.

katla - how wonderful for your hubby!

Joyce - that man was horrible to you!

barbie - I'm glad there's a solution to your leg problem. Not being able to exercise as much as you do is going to be tough! BTDT and don't want to go back. But this isn't forever.

Go pip and Kirby! Your campsite looks so inviting

Vince got us tickets to the TSO concert here in December. We got second row!!!!! On the floor in front of the stage.

Joyce - glad you went to the ER. Hope you feel better fast and it doesn't return

DJ - I haven't even spoken to Dianna since the wedding (which was 3 years ago). I'm pretty sure by now she probably threw it away. At least I tried to connect with her. Any time we skyped with Bryan, she was never there. Loved the listing of "previously loved". Makes a house so much more inviting

Alison - that's so thoughtful of you to make something for that lady after things settle down. that's probably when it'll be most welcome. That's what I did for a friend whose hubby passed away.

Warning: Rant below
    I am getting so tired of Vince's procrastination. He doesn't want to pay someone for something he can do himself but then he doesn't do it. For example, I need the quarter round put up in my exercise room. He bought the quarter round, I've only been waiting for 3 years for it to go up. Now I find out that the reason it isn't up is because he doesn't know how to do it. In 3 years he couldn't have looked at a uTube video and found out? We brought his father's yearbooks back from the condo 2 years ago. I've been saying that I will contact his father's college and see if they would be interested in them. No, Vince wants to do that. Is it done? Guess. He has this filing cabinet in the garage that's dented. I've only been waiting 9 years for him to open it and find out what's in it. For the longest time he didn't want to get rid of these speakers because his name was on the back. Finally, I told him weeks and weeks before we went to the landfill that we were going to take those speakers. Did he cover his name? Guess. Then when we're going there he comments about how his name is on them and how he doesn't like to put something in the landfill with his name on it (????). I just told him that I told him weeks ago that we were taking them and he should have covered his name then. But after they were gone, it sure didn't take him long to manage to find things to put in that space. FINALLY we got Bryan's bike sold, only after me bugging him for a few years.
    OK, rant over.

Sue in WA - wish I'd known about the agricultural vinegar. That probably would have made cutting down the weeds that much easier, if they were already dead. Oh well...too little too late

pip - why is the MS crossed out on Kirby's shirt?

Becca - I just love reading your posts. Wow on the loss! Good for you

Michele in NC
  • BBWmomma
    BBWmomma Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to MyFitnessPal and I have already lost 10 lbs.

My goals for Sept:
    Join the YMCA and work out at least 3 times per week
    Weigh my food to be more accurate with my eating habits
    Begin meditation

Brenda from Tampa, FL
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Michele- In the past if I wanted something done I did it myself. Now this DH is pretty amazing. But, I don't think you want to shop around!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    <3 Thank you for all your kind words :) Today I made a calendar to keep track of what to do to get ready for the surgery

:) I put on my dog walking clothes right after using the bathroom and brushing my teeth. Then I feed the cat and take the first dog out for a walk. I don't sit down and drink water with Jake until after two rounds of dog walking with breakfast in the middle. By then I've walked 10,000 steps or more

<3 Barbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did about 1-1/4 hr of Jane Fonda's Workout Challenge. I really wanted to see how this DVD downloaded. It's an older one of hers and it's so interesting. Many of the moves were yoga moves. This was before yoga was big. And the clothes! Leg warmers, etc. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Biggest Loser Calorie Killer Circuit DVD

Exercised, had to cut it short to go to my mammogram. Went to a different place this time. I want to keep everything in one building. This is where I go for my DEXA. It's just a pain to keep remembering that I go here for one thing and there for another. Went to the pharmacy next door afterwards to see about a wheelchair (if they rent it). I thought maybe they'd help me out since that's where we get one of Loki's meds. However, they can't loan out, but he did recommend this wheelchair place near there. I went there and they were closed! the sign says they're open M-F 9-xxx and it was only 10. So I'll go back another day. Then stopped at the Salvation Army, then Habitat for Humanity (are their prices ever high!), then Aldi, then Vince and I went to WalMart because he needed to pick up some of his prescriptions, then I strung some more popcorn. While I was stringing, I got this bad cramp in my leg. Mary, I tried the pickle juice. Is that stuff nasty tasting. But I choked it down in the hopes that it does help the cramping. Will have dinner in a few.

katla - how wonderful for your hubby!

Joyce - that man was horrible to you!

barbie - I'm glad there's a solution to your leg problem. Not being able to exercise as much as you do is going to be tough! BTDT and don't want to go back. But this isn't forever.

Go pip and Kirby! Your campsite looks so inviting

Vince got us tickets to the TSO concert here in December. We got second row!!!!! On the floor in front of the stage.

Joyce - glad you went to the ER. Hope you feel better fast and it doesn't return

DJ - I haven't even spoken to Dianna since the wedding (which was 3 years ago). I'm pretty sure by now she probably threw it away. At least I tried to connect with her. Any time we skyped with Bryan, she was never there. Loved the listing of "previously loved". Makes a house so much more inviting

Alison - that's so thoughtful of you to make something for that lady after things settle down. that's probably when it'll be most welcome. That's what I did for a friend whose hubby passed away.

Warning: Rant below
    I am getting so tired of Vince's procrastination. He doesn't want to pay someone for something he can do himself but then he doesn't do it. For example, I need the quarter round put up in my exercise room. He bought the quarter round, I've only been waiting for 3 years for it to go up. Now I find out that the reason it isn't up is because he doesn't know how to do it. In 3 years he couldn't have looked at a uTube video and found out? We brought his father's yearbooks back from the condo 2 years ago. I've been saying that I will contact his father's college and see if they would be interested in them. No, Vince wants to do that. Is it done? Guess. He has this filing cabinet in the garage that's dented. I've only been waiting 9 years for him to open it and find out what's in it. For the longest time he didn't want to get rid of these speakers because his name was on the back. Finally, I told him weeks and weeks before we went to the landfill that we were going to take those speakers. Did he cover his name? Guess. Then when we're going there he comments about how his name is on them and how he doesn't like to put something in the landfill with his name on it (????). I just told him that I told him weeks ago that we were taking them and he should have covered his name then. But after they were gone, it sure didn't take him long to manage to find things to put in that space. FINALLY we got Bryan's bike sold, only after me bugging him for a few years.
    OK, rant over.

Sue in WA - wish I'd known about the agricultural vinegar. That probably would have made cutting down the weeds that much easier, if they were already dead. Oh well...too little too late

pip - why is the MS crossed out on Kirby's shirt?

Becca - I just love reading your posts. Wow on the loss! Good for you

Michele in NC

That's the logo, bike tire marks riding over MS.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    I over guessed my cal intake today with no workout. I'll make up for it tomorrow and Sunday
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    B)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Michele, I would assume the MS is crossed out because that is what they want to do, eradicate MS. Only with research, which takes major funding can they wipe it out.

I did not go to the ER last night. My B/P did go down after pain medicine. It is back up now to the level it was last night. I start my new B/P medicine tonight.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Janetr: Safe travels and fun times to you and DH. I love road trips. This is such a beautiful and interesting country.

Lisa: Thought of you when I heard about the shooting in Alpine. Having just been there, just couldn't imagine such a horror. La Bomba -- oh how funny!

Barbie: Finally, a diagnosis and a promising procedure that will restore you to painless living. I know how hard it can be to stop activity, but you are strong and will no doubt make the best of these lemons.

Pip: With you in spirit. I drove over that pass just a couple months ago.

This has been a good week. A paid holiday. Got a new mattress and bed. Weather was great - warm with just a hint of fall in the morning air. And the Broncos won!!!

Tomorrow I'm off to work in Las Vegas over the weekend. DH looking at me skeptically, but it's the truth. Will attend an event that is also a dessert competition using Girl Scout cookies. Sunday will be brunch with a good friend I haven't seen in many years.

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills