Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ July '10 ~

Options
14567810»

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Today is my Friday since my job will be observing our furlough day tomorrow. It will be another quick post b/c my supervisor announced yesterday that my unit is under a TIGHT deadline. We have exactly 1 month to read over 110 records. I work in Social Services and review state records regarding children who are in the child protective custody. As a result of this deadline I'll be working late and probably coming in a little early.

Good luck getting everything done. It must be a hard job, but one that is worthwhile to so many children.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy Friday! Today is week 4 day 5 of the Chalean Extreme program which means it's a strength training day. I've not really felt like lifting this week so I decided to throw in the Burn Intervals dvd instead. While I wasn't 100% due to lackluster energy I did work up a nice sweat.

Jam: Thank you so much for your support. Social Services is a very demanding job w/very little pay BUT the pay off of knowing you positively impacted a family's life is priceless. I use to be an adolescent therapist at an intensive residential treatment program for children diagnosed w/severe mental health issues. The work there required so much of me that I often left purely exhausted. However, I recently had lunch w/two of my former clients and they are doing extremely well and both credit me w/helping them turn their lives around. I mean it doesn't get any better than that.

It looks like Hurricane Earl may make getting to NYC a little difficult. I've been checking the flights and weather and right now everything is on time but rain is expected so unsure if that will create problems.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,978 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Choco, my mom worked with Children's Protective Services in California for many years so I know something of how demanding your job is and how rewarding it can be to see some of the good outcomes.......you are so right to exercise, eat right, and take good vacations to keep yourself balanced.

:flowerforyou: we are so happy to be home.....our trip couldn't have been any better but we love our home and our life here.....we picked up our pets as soon as we could....we took the dogs to the dog park and a few minutes ago I finished over 40 minutes on my exercise bike......the drive today was through the southern part of Washington state, some of along the Columbia River, then crossing the Tacoma Narrows and the Hood Canal bridges....we love it here and think it's the most beautiful place we've ever been.
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy Saturday. Yesterday my flight was delayed an hour due to what I thought was hurricane Earl but when I arrived in NYC I found out they did not even get a drop of rain. The only thing I can think of was that there must of been strong winds. Anyway, I arrived in New York at about 9 PM. My cousin picked me up and then we returned to house where she and I along w/her husband stayed up to the wee hours of the morning laughing, talking and I can't lie......drinking and eating chips. I had a blast. We've not done anything like that in about 3 years. Today we plan to hit the city in hopes of doing a little sightseeing and then I think we'll try to shake a tailfeather tonight. I going to try to make some healthier choices when it comes to my food but I can already tell it's going to be difficult.

Today is week 4 day 6 of the Chalean Extreme program which means it's a cardio day. Instead of completing that workout I rocked out Core Cardio and Balance from the insanity program. I really like this workout b/c it's a full body get your sweat on workout but the pace and duration are very sustainable and do not bother my knees as much as the other Insanity workouts.
    My cousin and her husband are suppose to complete this very workout w/me tomorrow but we'll see if they chicken out....LOL.

Barbie: Thank for the support and I do really try to balance my work life w/personal so I don't get burnt out. I'm glad you and your hubby have made it home safely. As much as I love to travel there's no place like home so I know you're happy to be back. Great job w/your workout.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: Choco, glad you got to NYC safely.....I know you'll have fun and get lots of exercise.

:bigsmile: today is "cleanse day" so I'll eat minimal calories and do less exercise and take care of mindless chores (like laundry).....I'll spend some time on the exercise bike and take the dogs to the dog park but not much else.

I hope it's a great weekend for everyone wherever you are
    :heart: :heart:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! Today is my last full day in NYC b/c my flight departs first thing in the morning. My family and I went sightseeing yesterday and had a great time. It was a very long day so we pretty much crashed upon our return to the house. This morning we got up and my cousin and her husband decided to try their hands at an Insanity workout. I threw in the Core Cardio and Balance dvd b/c it's the easiest of the series. They gave it a go for about 15 minutes before they both decided I was on my own. I completed the rest of the workout alone. I'm glad they at least gave it a try.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Choco, I'm glad you are having a fun time in NYC.

We are just chilling out. It is hard here because the schools have already started, so it is just a 3 day weekend and not a big holiday around here.

I'm going to do some gardening and weeding, ride the stationary bike and maybe if everyone gets their homework done we might go for a hike. All the teachers gave the kids homework for the weekend. So much for a 'Holiday'.

I lost 1/2 of a pound last week - 145.6 down from 146.2. As long as it creeps down I'm happy.

Barbie - glad you made it home from your trip. I bet the doggies were happy to see you.

JAM

PS: Do you think if we started a new string for September we might pick up some new people? Looks like many have dropped out.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: JAM, I like your idea of starting a new thread for September. I know that every time we start a new thread for women 50+ we get some new members and some of them stick around and become the best of members.......

:flowerforyou: Choco.....I'm not surprised that your family crashed early doing your workout with you.....you are amazing and hard to keep up with....I'm glad your trip to NY turned out good

:flowerforyou: DH played golf this morning so I had the house to myself for yoga, exercise bike, and to catch up on all the mail that came while we were gone for two weeks........I'm in charge of bill paying......i like it but when it accumulates, it takes a long time to catch up......later I did some puttering in the garden, then took the dogs to the dog park......t has been a great day and there's still a lot of it left.
    :heart:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Here is the link to the new thread................

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/118218-fit-fun-sized-group-september-10

I've done good on the exercise, but I'm struggling picking on stuff. I may have to hit the bike again just to stay under my calories.

JAM