Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ July '10 ~

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: lots of hours in the car.......super hot outside.....too hot to walk for more than a few minutes......tiny motel room......this will be a not much exercise day.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: lots of hours in the car.......super hot outside.....too hot to walk for more than a few minutes......tiny motel room......this will be a not much exercise day.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Today is week 3 day 3 of the Chalean Extreme program and I completed the Burn Circuit 2 workout. My arms are on fire today from the tricep kickbacks, overhead tricep extensions and 3 level push ups. I must admit I always feel good after a workout no matter how much I despised it in the beginning.

Barbie: Hang in there.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I got my 10000 steps last night after it cooled down a bit (under 90 degrees with the sun going down)…..we stayed in an area that is nothing but motels, gas stations, and fast food restaurants and I was reminded of one of the cardinal rules of healthy eating
    don’t eat anything you can buy at a gas station.

:flowerforyou: One of our spiritual readings this morning said that in life we have choices between what is pleasant and what is beneficial---the first pleases us now and the second may be unpleasant at first but will improve our health and contribute to our peace of mind
    this is a lot like the quote in Barb’s signature----
    "Laziness pays off NOW, Hard Work pays off in the FUTURE"-

:flowerforyou: Today is the day I officially take a break from posting food and exercise......the hotel we're staying in until Sunday has a pool and fitness center so I expect to be active......however the free internet access is available only in the meeting rooms so I may not be posting often or at all until we get to the next place on Sunday night
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Thursday! I thought this morning's workout was going to be cancelled because there was a horrible thunderstorm in my area when I woke up and I was fearful the electricity would go out. Despite the roaring skies and pouring rain my electricity stayed intact and I was able to rock out my workout. Today is week 3 day 4 of the Chalean Extreme program and I completed the Burn Intervals dvd.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: the only free wifi in the hotel is in the lobby so I haven't been on the computer but I had a great workout in the huge fitness center and logged over 25,000 steps on my pedometer........didn't log my food but stayed on my healthy eating plan (except for the cheese biscuits at Red Lobster :laugh: :laugh: I ate both of them)
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I made it to my spinning class and the instructor put us through a hard workout. I have to leave early to pick my DS up at soccer practice, but it still made my legs sore. (a good sore)

My new cubicle at work stinks. I'm in a fish bowl where everyone can see me and I can see everything that any one does and everywhere they go. Not sure what I can do about it other than keep the door shut. Luckily, I have the same office mate I've had for the last 3-4 years and we get along well.

Have a great evening and I hope Friday is good for all of us.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Friday, Happy Friday, Happy Friday :happy: :happy:

Today is week 3 day 5 of the Chalean Extreme program which means it's a strength training day. Today I completed Burn Circuit 3 and I must admit this is the workout I hate the most. While I love to see the shoulder definition I absolutely hate to do shoulder work.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone

Here is an interesting link to an article on stuff to drink:

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/healthieryou/tired-water-read

Some of them sound silly when you read them, but I hope the one about chocolate milk (fat free of course) is true.

Enjoy!
    Jam
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! Today is week 3 day 6 of the Chalean Extreme program which means its a cardio day. I completed the Burn It Off dvd. In addition to really giving it my all with the Burn It Off dvd I gave my house a thorough cleaning. I always give the house a deep cleaning right before a trip b/c I love the smell of a fresh and clean house when I return. I head to NYC next Friday in order to spend the Labor Day holiday w/my cousin and her family. This is my last trip of the summer and probably the year.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Sunday all! Today is week 3 day 7 of the Chalean Extreme program which means it's a rest day. I completed 2 miles of the Leslie Sansone Fat Burning dvd while holding 3 lb weights in each hand. I was able to get a nice little burn. Now that the clothes are ironed for the week and the grocery shopping has been done I'm going to chill out the rest of the day. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: we're once again in a hotel with wifi in the rooms.......there's also an awesome fitness center....we drove about 400 miles today along the Pacific Coast with views of the ocean at Ventura and Santa Barbara.......i spent over an hour at the fitness center, then took a walk, and now get to relax at the computer...:bigsmile: it has been several days since I logged food and exercise but I'm staying pretty focused in spite of a full day of meetings yesterday, long hours in the car, and restaurant meals.
    :heart: :heart:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Barbie - I remember the Pacific Coast highway like it was yesterday even though it was the early 70's when I was there. We drove from San Francisco to San Diego in a VW camper bus. We prayed and found Jesus many times trying to get up those hills with that little VW motor. One time we were in drive, but rolling backwards and we really did have to get out and walk. Not sure if the driver really thought the lighter weight would help or if he just didn't want us going over the cliff with him.

Thanks for bringing back the memories and I hope you have a great trip.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Tuesday! Quick post b/c the work duties are calling. Today is week 4 day 2 of the Chalean Extreme program which means it's a cardio day. I completed the Turbo Jam - Fatbuster.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: a long drive today across the Golden Gate Bridge, through wine country, through the redwoods to Eureka where we got to see our new grandson, Jesse, who was born yesterday. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:drinker: my exercise today was a 45 minute walk once we got to the motel.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Wednesday. I have only a few more days before I head to NYC for Labor Day weekend. I'm really hoping Hurricane Earl doesn't put a damper on my trip. This should be my last trip of the summer and 2010 so I really want to have a good time.

Today is week 4 day 3 of the Chalean Extreme program and it was suppose to be a strength training day but I just did not feel like lifting weights today so I threw in the Burn It Off dvd instead plus the warm up from Turbo Jam - Fatblaster.

Barbie: CONGRATULATIONS on the newest addition to your family. Enjoy the time b/c they grow up soooooo fast. Great job w/the workout too.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Choco- I hope you have good weather for your trip.

Barbie - Congratulations on the new grand baby!

I've started throwing 5-10 minutes of exercise in on weekday mornings. Today I did 5 minutes of Yoga warm ups. I had stopped doing my morning stuff during the summer, but now that we are back on a work/school schedule I'm going to start them up again. Even if it is just 5 minutes on hectic mornings like today, it should help with at least motivation.

Happy Hump day,

JAM
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in here for a while, things were rough in my personal life for a while then some bad habits crept back in, but I am right back on track again and as of today I am in teh 160s club, I weighed in at 169.5, I might actually make my goal to be 165 by my disneyworld holiday Oct 1!

Glad you are all well, congrats Barbie on the new little granbaby!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in here for a while, things were rough in my personal life for a while then some bad habits crept back in, but I am right back on track again and as of today I am in teh 160s club, I weighed in at 169.5, I might actually make my goal to be 165 by my disneyworld holiday Oct 1!

Glad you are all well, congrats Barbie on the new little granbaby!

Welcome back! Congratulations on being in the 160's. I bet you will make your goal.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Today is my Friday since my job will be observing our furlough day tomorrow. It will be another quick post b/c my supervisor announced yesterday that my unit is under a TIGHT deadline. We have exactly 1 month to read over 110 records. I work in Social Services and review state records regarding children who are in the child protective custody. As a result of this deadline I'll be working late and probably coming in a little early.

Today is week 4 day 4 of the Chalean Extreme program which means it's a cardio day. I decided to complete Billy Blanks Cardio Boot Camp instead of Burn Intervals and got an excellent burn.