Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ July '10 ~

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy Friday! It will be another quick post b/c the work duties are already calling. Today is week 13, day 5 of the P90X program which means I'm still in recovery mode. My body really has been sore plus i've not had a lot of energy these past few days so i'm loving the fact that this is an easier week on my body. I completed the Cardio Recovery dvd from the Insanity program.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon and happy Saturday. My back has been bothering me since yesterday so I've decided to take it easy today. I walked for 30 minutes and I will do some stretching. My Chalean Extreme program arrived yesterday so I'll be spending today and tomorrow reviewing the program and getting prepared so I can begin on Monday. It looks like I need to purchase some heavier weights plus I have to go grocery shopping so that will take place tomorrow.

I'm going to be resting for most of the day b/c I have a pool party/bbq birthday party to attend later this evening and I'm hoping my back will feel better by then.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,978 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: choco, I know how hard it is for you to take it easy.......i think we both believe, deep down, that exercise will cure everything.:laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: today is cool and cloudy and i have a "birthday tea party" to go to.......my only dress is the one I bought for a wedding a year ago and I expect that it will be a bit baggy but I wasn't about to buy a new dress for today......I think many of the attendees will not be wearing dresses so I'll be fine.

:flowerforyou: I've walked and done yoga and will probably do some "Gut 'N' Butt" later and maybe go to the dog park..

Happy Saturday :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Hey ladies. im back from my vacation. hoping to jump start this weight loose now. I will start the auguest thread tomorrow. nite~hope u are all doing well. but im made i had to break my 215 log in streak! :glasses: :glasses: :heart:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good evening and Happy Sunday: As I stated in yesterday's post my Chalean Extreme program arrived on Friday so I've been spending the last couple of days getting acclimated. Today I completed the fit test.

FIT TEST, DAY 1:

Push ups: 24 (on toes). I could have done more but my arms were still sore from all the push-ups last week
    Crunches: 42 (not bad since my back has been bothering me)
    Squats: 102
    Forearm Plank: position held for 1 minute 41 seconds
    Overhead Shoulder Press: 11 reps (according to the directions I should have been struggling by rep 10 so it looks like 10 lb weights will be my heaviest for the Burn phase)
    Bicep Curls: 12 reps (once again I should have been struggling by rep 10 and since I wasn't the directions stated to increase weights)

MEASUREMENTS DAY 1:

Waist: at belly button: 31 in, above belly button: 28 1/2, below belly button: 32 1/2 (my waist is definitely my problem area)
    Hips: 34 1/2
    Abductors: 36 3/4
    Chest 31 1/4
    Right Arm: 10 3/4
    Left Arm: 10 3/4
    Right Thigh: 20
    Left Thigh: 19 3/4
    Weight: 122.5
    Body Fat %: 19.2 (based on the caliper test that comes w/the program)

As a result of the above results I went out and purchased another set of weights. I now have 3 lbs, 5 lbs, 8 lbs, 10 lbs & 15 lbs. In addition to the weights I went grocery shopping based on the Chalean Extreme food guide. A lot of the recipes are easy enough for a non cooker like myself to handle. Don't think I'll follow the food guide to the "T" but will use it as a guideline.

Jzbaby: Welcome back and I hope you enjoyed your vacation. Did you get in any workouts or just chill out?
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: This has been a cool, rainy, very little exercise weekend, Yesterday I went to a tea party in honor of a friend's birthday.....about 25 women all wearing hats, some wearing gloves, many wearing dresses.......the hostess had tables with lace table cloths, china cups and saucers, fruit, cherry tomatoes, little sandwiches, and about a dozen rich desserts.......I had herb tea, cherry tomatoes, grapes, and one small egg salad sandwich. the dress I wore was the one that I bought last year for a wedding.....it was a little looser this year but still looked great.....I bought a hat at Goodwill that looked great with it.

:flowerforyou: Today I went to an all day meeting and took my own lunch with me so I didn't have to deal with the served Mexican food.....the good fortune was that the women on both sides of me had also brought their own lunches.......hubby went to the Seattle Mariners game with his friend and ate a pretzel with cheese on the ferry and a hot dog and an ice cream sandwich at the ball park but he got his 10,000 steps and we did yoga in the morning so he feels like he came out even.......and the Mariners won the game. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: jzbaby, glad you are back......I know how you feel about breaking your streak because it happened to me on my vacation in May,

:flowerforyou: Choco, thanks for sharing your fitness results.......my weights are three and five pounds.....hubby has ten pound weights and they're too heavy for me.

I have time for another round of the exercise bike before bedtime :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Everyone sounds energized for August and getting those scales moving! I know we will all do it this month. I have a feeling.

For the first time we had bad weather at Lake Powell. We sat in out boat hidden away in a canyon that protected us from a huge storm system that lasted 2.5 of our 3.5 days at the lake. We ate what we could eat cold as we could not light our grill in the rainstorms that just kept coming. Still we had a good time, taught the kids to play bridge and got new clothes to wear home as EVERYTHING in the boat was wet.

I weighed myself this morning and weigh what I did before I left even though I did not eat as planned.

Good luck to all of us with our new starts for August.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all and happy Monday! Today was my first day with Chalean Extreme and I must say it will take a little getting use to just b/c of the slower pace. I'm so use to the high Intensity of Insanity and P90X that I kept wondering if I was doing something wrong. I know I will adjust. So, today I completed Burn Circuit 1 and I added Ab Burners just to see how I liked it and overall I'm happy w/the outcome. I lifted heavy when necessary and I can already feel it.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Tuesday! Today is week 1, day 2 of the Chalean Extreme (CLX) program. According to the workout schedule it's suppose to be a rest day but I decided to replace it w/a little cardio. I completed the Turbo Jam - Fat Blaster dvd that was included in the program as a bonus. This workout was a quick way to get the heart rate up and overall I enjoyed it. Since I wasn't familiar w/the moves I'm sure I didn't burn as many calories as I could of but I did work up a sweat.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Happy Tuesday, my knee is almost healed, but keeping to the six to eight week recovery suggestion, I am still taking it easier than usual.....I've limited walking and added more upper body stuff with hand weights ( something I needed anyway)....I'm just like Choco (I don't know the meaning of a rest day ) :laugh: :laugh:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy hump day! A quick post as work duties are SCREAMING :sad: my name this morning. Today is week 1 day 3 of the Chalean Extreme program and I completed Burn Circuit 2. My arms and upper back are sore from the sloooooooowwwwww bicep curls and rows. It's amazing how much I sweat even though I'm not going at an insane speed.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    should i be eatting my exercise calories things dont seem to be moving to much for me but i didnt eat one days exercise calories n the scale moved....so now im afraid im going to go back up since working out due to muscle gain!!! how long doea it also take you to level out after starting to work out? n to start losing weight again!???? by the way im sorry i havent posted anthing in awhile......
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Thursday! Today is week 1 day 4 of the Chalean Extreme program so it was a cardio day. This was my first time completing the Burn Intervals workout and boy oh boy what a workout. The cardio piece was not as excruciating as I had expected although some of the moves had to be modified to pain in my knee BUT the strength training portion was no joke. I know you lift light during this part of the routine and I did (never going over 5 lbs) but the duration and the pace of each exercise had me wanting to curse someone out. I mean between the bazillion bicep curls, overhead presses, overhead extensions, tricep kickbacks and lateral raises my upper body is burning. It's amazing I can even lift a finger to type this post.

I'm still adjusting to this program but if I stick with it i'm sure I'll have great results.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Kalabsmama - It all kind of depends on how many calories you have allowed, how many you get with exercise and what your BMR is. You should be under just a little.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: i overdid a bit yesterday----line dance for two hours and a two hour walk with a friend so today I took it a little easier and put ice on my knee while I ate my supper....the dogs are disappointed that they haven't been to the dog park since Tuesday but we'll go tomorrow.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Barbie - I love your August goal about the complaint free attitude! It does make a big difference.

I got told by a doctor yesterday that for someone almost 60 I looked great. Granted, it was a Pediatrician from work, but I will take it as a compliment and a sign that I'm being successful at a slow weight loss. Also, my DD told me my arms don't flap around as much as they use to.

I am having problems getting up to 1200 calories a day with the DASH diet. Which in a lot of ways is good. I have room for an ice cream treat and still be under 1200 without eating my execise calories.

Have a great Friday all

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all and TGIF! Today is week 1 day 5 of the Chalean Extreme program so it was strength training for me. I completed Burn Circuit 3 and then added in Cardio Abs from the Insanity program. All I can say about Chalean's program is that it's working something b/c every inch of my body is sore especially my shoulders. I think I'm going to have a love/hate relationship with the heavy and slow lifting. I can honestly this is the first time w/my lifting that I still feel the burn well after the workout has been completed so there really is a method to this madness.

Jam: I'm sooooo hungry w/all these workouts that there's no way I can eat just 1200 calories these days. Glad you're able to squeeze in that ice cream w/o going over your calories.

Barbie: I'm glad you're getting back to your normal routine but don't keep overdoing it b/c you don't want to re-injure that knee.
  • katlynx6
    katlynx6 Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been really busy at work & I'm trying to finish everything up since next week is my last before I go back to school.

I'm glad to say that I've dropped another pound & so I'm down to 122! :happy: Originially my goal was 115 but after starting to lose weight, I'm not sure I even want to lose that much, so now I'm shooting for 120 and I'll see how I look/feel then :smile: I'm also realizing that I don't think I was eating enough calories. After being frustrated by the scale hovering around 126/127 for the longest time I realized I was losing more weight when I was simply more concious about what I was eating, instead of intensely counting calories and being very strict. I tended not to eat my exercise calories and I usually was usually around 1,000 cals... alot lower than the 1,200 I was supposed to be eating, even without exercise. I was so scared of going over, that I wasn't eating enough. This week I haven't worked out much because I've been very busy with work & taking care of the home since my family is away, and went back to my old ways of simply watching what I eat, and the lbs have come back off! I think I will do this 'watching what I eat' a little more and track the calories, but not worry about the limit so much, and see what I tend to eat naturally.

I'll be celebrating two 21st birthdays this weekend :drinker: , so I may not get the chance to check in. It sounds like everyone is doing great though and I'm so happy for everyone :flowerforyou: You guys keep me motivated!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I eat more when I work out and I'd be too weak if I didn't......when I need to "beef" up the calories I love to have a small apple with some peanut butter----very healthy and very yummy,

:flowerforyou: Choco, your workout sounds amazing and beyond me but I so much admire your focus...when I was in my 30's I did some serious weight lifting and I loved it.

:flowerforyou: Katlyn, glad you've decided to up your calories a bit so your body stays nourished....enjoy your birthday celebrations.....counting calories has worked for me but if "watching what you eat" is working then stay with it

:flowerforyou: if you look at my exercise diary, it might not look like I'm taking it easy, but everything I do is mindful of my knee and I've added more exercises that don't require standing and walking.

:flowerforyou: JAM, how great that the DASH diet is working for you......it is so healthy; that every calorie you consume (except maybe the ice cream :laugh: ) is nutritious.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: it's hot here so even the dogs didn't want to be active today.
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jam0525
    Options
    I posted two replies yesterday to only have us loose power due to a storm with no rain and a lot of dry lightning. I lost almost a pound since my last check-in, but the ticker won't update until it thinks it's a pound. That's OK as long as my digital scale keeps going down.

Off to bring Mom shopping, have a great day everyone and make good choices today!

JAM