Can Men and Women be JUST Friends?

Options

Replies

• AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    Yes. Have some cool male friends. I do think there will always be some sexual tension between men and women...that's just how our brains and bodies work.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Men and women can be just friends, but there is always a level of attraction between the two. Whether they act on that attraction is where the problem can come about if a person is in a relationship with someone else. I don't mine if I'm with someone who has female friends, but when he spends more time with them (confiding in, or hanging out with) more than me it poses a problem.You should not be spending more time with your girl friend more than your girlfriend.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! As long as the guy is ugly and the girl would never have sex with him.

On a serious note, 3 years ago I watched 60 Minutes special that analyzed 3 married couples and the "experts" picked out which ones they thought would end up in divorce. All 4 experts picked the couple where the stay at home mom had become best friends with the stay at home dad next door to end up in divorce because she was getting her emotional needs met outside of her husband. They also picked the couple where the wife was sleeping in another bedroom with the baby and had refused to have sex with her husband for over a year because she said she was too tired. The third couple was this gorgeous model who was married to an older, heavyset, balding man and all of the experts said they had the best chance of staying together because he doted on her, cared about her day at work, and showed her affection by continuing to "date" her long after they were married. She had no interest in the hot male models she worked with on a daily basis because her husband was so devoted to her.

That's how the show went. I have no idea if any of the experts were right. If there was a follow-up, I missed it. But I do know my good looking ex-boyfriend is my best friend and my ex-fiance's jealousy over our friendship tore us apart even though he lives in alaska and i live in texas and we haven't seen each other in 5 years. so i think it has a lot to do with each person's insecurities.
  • pennelope515
    Options
    Absolutely! As long as the guy is ugly and the girl would never have sex with him.

hahahahahahahahaaaaa:laugh:
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I read page 1 and page 6...Oddly enough page 1 says yes predominantly and page 6 says no...
    Weird.
    I'm going with yes. My best friends are guys. I would however say it's because we've known each other FOREVER and have a healthy respect for NOT TRYING TO GET IN EACH OTHERS PANTS.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Dunno I don't have any female friends in my life to comment lol

Any takers for a male friend? lol
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Nope. I even send my gay friends not gay.
  • ohsnapitssummer
    ohsnapitssummer Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Absofreakinglutely. I honestly don't understand how this is a controversial question. In my opionion, you can have attractive friends but not be attracted to them. Attractive and attraction are two different things.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    deleting!
  • 123tryingtobefree
    Options
    All my best friends are males. And they are 4 of them. One is my MAIN best friend that we share everything and the others are just my mates you know. There is sexual attraction now and then with one of them but no big deal about it and we never ruin the nice way we support each other.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I have tons of guy friends.

*shrug*
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I have always had more guy friends than girls
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    for me its never been possible unless the guy is gay haha
  • Dersasaurus
    Dersasaurus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Have schlong, will bang. That's my motto.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Friendzone Thread ,, haha :laugh:
  • Dersasaurus
    Options
    Of course.
    The problem starts when you also find them sexually attractive, then it's hard.
    :wink:

Teehee, you said "it's hard."
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My two best friends are both guys - met them through my boyfriend. Have NUMEROUS other male friends. My boyfriend and I joked around that I would have to have a "man of honor."

I have always been one of the guys. It can happen. It's called respect.
  • YourLifeisFinite
    Options
    im a gay male with many female friendz. so yes def we can. i believe what u mean to ask iz can straight men and women be just friendz, and yes they can. smae answer. ur genitalz dont determine who u can be friendz wit :flowerforyou:
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    FWB ONLY. This is how I view all my friends of the opposite sex. And if they don't end up as FWB I let them go, it isn't going to work.
  • Dersasaurus
    Options
    FWB ONLY. This is how I view all my friends of the opposite sex. And if they don't end up as FWB I let them go, it isn't going to work.

Truth. If they're friends with me, they're already getting an awesome deal. I need to be getting something out of it too. And by that, I mean I wanna bang.