Options
18910111214»

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    At this point, it's probably best we drop this side conversation. stylistchicky has made it clear she thinks we're all "people that have their minds made up about their Beliefs with no wiggle room to learn." And I think we've seen clear evidence that she's the same given the way she flipped out once I tried to pivot to a conversation on our cultural differences (language in different places is neat, y'all - we should talk about it more). Can we please go back to talking about plant-based diets or animals who like milk?

Humans seem to have evolved in the niche of scavenger. We're parts of Nature's clean up crew. Too much fruit on that tree? We can handle that. Too much grains or meat in the area? Humans are on it. This food is rotting and fermented? Let's eat it anyway. That animal has delicious milk that we can drink? Of course we're going to drink that! We just got too good at it in the end and created our own supply. Like certain species of ants and crabs do.

No... I totally agree we come from different cultures. I come from one where words do not affect me in the slightest. They are words, names, nouns or pronouns...not sticks, bats, rocks. Words are not actions. If nouns got to me like they do in some cultures....I wouldn't be who I am now. A person with very thick skin...someone who can be called any noun they want. I will smile and don't react, because it's obvious they themselves have problems, burdens, and must really be hurting in their own lives and probably need a smile.
    I only responded because we were talking about how I insulted you yesterday by calling you "girl". I must have really hurt you and I apologize. There is no condescending, passive aggressive, negative context in that apology, it is a sincere. Take care and be blessed.

bless-your-heart_zps6d602c13.gif~c200

OMG!!! I suddenly love you.

Me too! I've had a two beers so I am editing my LOL!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    At this point, it's probably best we drop this side conversation. stylistchicky has made it clear she thinks we're all "people that have their minds made up about their Beliefs with no wiggle room to learn." And I think we've seen clear evidence that she's the same given the way she flipped out once I tried to pivot to a conversation on our cultural differences (language in different places is neat, y'all - we should talk about it more). Can we please go back to talking about plant-based diets or animals who like milk?

Humans seem to have evolved in the niche of scavenger. We're parts of Nature's clean up crew. Too much fruit on that tree? We can handle that. Too much grains or meat in the area? Humans are on it. This food is rotting and fermented? Let's eat it anyway. That animal has delicious milk that we can drink? Of course we're going to drink that! We just got too good at it in the end and created our own supply. Like certain species of ants and crabs do.

No... I totally agree we come from different cultures. I come from one where words do not affect me in the slightest. They are words, names, nouns or pronouns...not sticks, bats, rocks. Words are not actions. If nouns got to me like they do in some cultures....I wouldn't be who I am now. A person with very thick skin...someone who can be called any noun they want. I will smile and don't react, because it's obvious they themselves have problems, burdens, and must really be hurting in their own lives and probably need a smile.
    I only responded because we were talking about how I insulted you yesterday by calling you "girl". I must have really hurt you and I apologize. There is no condescending, passive aggressive, negative context in that apology, it is a sincere. Take care and be blessed.

Me three! *just one glass of wine so you know it's not the alcohol speaking*
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

Me three! *just one glass of wine so you know it's not the alcohol speaking*

I'm laughing, because I, also, had (two glasses of) wine.
  • mph323
    Options
    Threads like this seem to call for a little alcoholic support...

And to get back on topic - why is drinking the milk of other animals so unnatural while making bread out of milled grains isn't? I mean, no other animal does that, either.
  • queenliz99
    edited September 2016
    Options

And to get back on topic - why is drinking the milk of other animals so unnatural while making bread out of milled grains isn't? I mean, no other animal does that, either.

Don't ask!, don't tell :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Don't ask!, don't tell :)

Best. Policy. Ever.

Oh wait....
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

To me, any argument for a cause which centers around what humans do as opposed to other animals is already a lost cause. Humans do many, many things that other animals don't.

As an additional point, humans also kill their prey much more humanely than any other animal does. One could maybe argue that no killing is 100% humane, but if you've ever seen a big cat take down its prey (or even a coyote taking down a rabbit or cat or whatever), there is absolutely nothing even remotely humane or painless about it. If I was sentenced to die and forced to choose between a modern slaughterhouse or being thrown to a hungry tiger or brown bear, I know without a moment's hesitation which I would choose.
  • mph323
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

To me, any argument for a cause which centers around what humans do as opposed to other animals is already a lost cause. Humans do many, many things that other animals don't.

As an additional point, humans also kill their prey much more humanely than any other animal does. One could maybe argue that no killing is 100% humane, but if you've ever seen a big cat take down its prey (or even a coyote taking down a rabbit or cat or whatever), there is absolutely nothing even remotely humane or painless about it. If I was sentenced to die and forced to choose between a modern slaughterhouse or being thrown to a hungry tiger or brown bear, I know without a moment's hesitation which I would choose.

Excellent observations! And the primary reason nature shows are prohibited at meal time in our house :o
  • queenliz99
    Options

Excellent observations! And the primary reason nature shows are prohibited at meal time in our house :o

You, apparently, never watched this. The youth these days!!

https://youtu.be/de2TWo8NTCw
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

My childhood! <3
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

My childhood! <3

Mine too!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

My childhood! <3

Mine too!

I had a wee bit of a crush on Jim Fowler. ;)
  • dothefreddy
    dothefreddy Posts: 29 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    5456423784_0e7dc7f81e_z.jpg
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I started to clean this thread up for the OP and attempt to get it back on topic, but found posts that needed to be removed all the way back to nearly the beginning. So I gave up and have just closed the darn thing. Please stay on-topic in existing threads, and refrain from attacking/insulting one another.

*picture me typing something witty
    - Off to get another cup of coffee,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.