Plant based nutrition and weight loss

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    "Ant Farm: These Insect Cowboys Harvest, Herd and Milk" http://modernfarmer.com/2014/04/meet-earths-oldest-farmers-ants/

Specifically speaking about animal species. Ants eat pretty much anything....kinda like flys, roaches, maggots....so on and so forth.

And pigs.

And, of course, humans.
  • stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The first postbI saw from you was 823 and it wasn't addressed to me.

This is the link you posted. It wouldn't be fair of me to respond without first reading it. It was posted at time stamp 8:51 I responded time stamp 9:21....hardly a hour. Plus I have a life here and don't make this my job to talk nonsense to people that have their minds made up about their Beliefs with no wiggle room to learn.
  • stylistchicky
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    "Ant Farm: These Insect Cowboys Harvest, Herd and Milk" http://modernfarmer.com/2014/04/meet-earths-oldest-farmers-ants/

Specifically speaking about animal species. Ants eat pretty much anything....kinda like flys, roaches, maggots....so on and so forth.

And pigs.

And, of course, humans.

You are so right....humans will eat anything...although to avoid any confusion I would say most humans...as to not offend others.
  • stylistchicky
    Options

Specifically speaking about animal species. Ants eat pretty much anything....kinda like flys, roaches, maggots....so on and so forth. You are giving Google its workout today. Thumbs up for doing research!!! Yaaas Girl!!

How dare you "thumbs up" me. You asked a question. I got curious and you poo-poohed everything I posted. Don't condescend to me now.

Wait what? Condensed you? I was being sincere. I am thrilled when people do their own research....I think its great. I do understand how tone of voice can be taken wrong over a forum with so much misplaced aggression. Sorry I didn't phrase my wording better. Have a good night Diannethegeek. Best wishes.

You ignored my posts for an hour while still demanding others produce these anomalous animals. When you do reply to me, you move the goalposts, call me a "girl," and congratulate me on doing research as though I haven't been in the 4 years I've been active here. Yes, I find all of that condescending.

Oh and I didn't know calling you a girl is offensive since everything about your picture and name is of a girl.
  • stylistchicky
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ummmmm. I still don't understand how calling a female a girl is a insult. Its almost like you are looking for something to be mad about? I have no clue what you are talking about. A girl is a gender....its the same as a male being called a guy. I am completely lost here. So sorry. I am guessing it most definitely is a cultural difference. My friends, sister, female clients alwsys say. "Hey Girl, whats up..." Hey Girl Hey. Out of curiosity, are you in university?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm. I still don't understand how calling a female a girl is a insult. Its almost like you are looking for something to be mad about? I have no clue what you are talking about. A girl is a gender....its the same as a male being called a guy. I am completely lost here. So sorry. I am guessing it most definitely is a cultural difference. My friends, sister, female clients alwsys say. "Hey Girl, whats up..." Hey Girl Hey. Out of curiosity, are you in university?

I'm 33 years old and graduated from university quite some time ago. A girl is a child. A woman is not.
  • stylistchicky
    edited September 2016
    Options

I'm 33 years old and graduated from university quite some time ago. A girl is a child. A woman is not.[/quote]

You know...its news to me that person finds being calleda girl a insult. You would have not survived 5 minutes in my shoes if that name hurts your ferlings. I have had a dysfigured leg my whole life and still get called names.. that apparently IF directed at you would make your head explode. It makes girl look like a grain of sand at the beach. I don't care that people I don't know call me names. They are only words.. just words... from strangers who have zero influence in my life. It makes me have a thicker skin, and give zero F's. I do however hope nobody calls you anything other than girl because....well honestly you may be very very very hurt.
    Sincerely diannethegeek good luck to you, take care.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

And pigs.

And, of course, humans.

You are so right....humans will eat anything...although to avoid any confusion I would say most humans...as to not offend others.

I was wondering where that line was.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

And pigs.

And, of course, humans.

I'm certainly not offended by the fact I'm an omnivore and an opportunist.
  • sweetjend78
    sweetjend78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't know what plant foods you eat daily; but here are some of the veggies with the highest amounts of protein (scroll past the soy to #3). Oatmeal also has a lot of protein; and it is gluten-free naturally ( for the very sensitive; buy from a gluten free facility to ensure no cross contamination). http://www.bodybuilding.com/content/8-high-protein-vegetables.html
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

I'd rather not be referred to as a girl either. I'd bet there are many women around who would prefer to be called women (if their gender is to be specified). I don't know any adult females who dislike being referred to as "woman/women". Perhaps that's a better default, than "girl". Just a thought.

I'm with you, only my family or close friends can call me "Girl" and anyone else makes me bristle.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

And pigs.

And, of course, humans.

And pretty much any animal will drink milk if given the opportunity in some way, by humans or not.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I'd rather not be referred to as a girl either. I'd bet there are many women around who would prefer to be called women (if their gender is to be specified). I don't know any adult females who dislike being referred to as "woman/women". Perhaps that's a better default, than "girl". Just a thought.

I'm with you, only my family or close friends can call me "Girl" and anyone else makes me bristle.

Bristle is exactly the response!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't know what plant foods you eat daily; but here are some of the veggies with the highest amounts of protein (scroll past the soy to #3). Oatmeal also has a lot of protein; and it is gluten-free naturally ( for the very sensitive; buy from a gluten free facility to ensure no cross contamination). http://www.bodybuilding.com/content/8-high-protein-vegetables.html

Good stuff there.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Treece68 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Agree with this this. I also think it's odd that people think it's news, as if everyone else was assuming that tigers had a stable of cows or antelopes or whatever for milking should they want some tasty milk as an adult.

They'll opportunistically drink it, of course, and we figured out how to make it easy and available for us to do it (hands are kind of helpful too).

Just one of the many advantages of being at the top of the food chain. :)

My cat will not leave me alone when I am drinking milk (or ice cream) she loves it and will lick the bottom of my cup or bowl.

My cat goes almost postal to get her paws on dairy!

Milk
    cream
    sour cream
    cottage cheese
    ice cream

and her all time favourite is CHEESE, even cheesecake which i have to share with her every time i make it :grumble: She has learnt to recognise the sound of the wrapper of the cheese block and the thud it makes putting it down on the kitchen bench, and will come running from wherever she is to get 3-4-5 cubes. She definitely has a dairy "issue".
    For mine it was yogurt. He heard the container open and became an unbearable pest unless/until I let him lick the cap, or the foil or something.

I have a cat like that. He doesn't care what flavor it is, either. Key Lime? Lemon? Two tart tastes that you'd think would drive him away? Pffft - he loves those. My wife let him sniff, to maybe get him to stop pestering her. Nope - lick, lick, lick.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

This discussion has been closed.