Like Minded Lushes - July 2010

Options

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    The front wheel and frame were locked to a pipe. This was in my underground parking garage which is supposed to be private as it is!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I have not been drinking the whisky and twisted teas...i took up wine instead! I get a buzz a little quicker:) Last night, I had vodka w/ seltzer and lime-yummy! Just drinking less!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Ok, I made it Sunday thru Wednesday, 4 whole days...tomorrow, is a night out...I have strategically planned this as an indulgance night. The key is not to get crazy. It's like once I get started, I don't stop. Such a binger!!!

Anyone got any ideas on how to control the quantity. I mean it tastes good and makes me feel good; so, why would I want to stop. All right, pass on the willpower!!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    there was a very cold lonely bottle of shiraz in my fridge (keeping it there since it's been too hot & humid lately)...
    I managed to avoid eye contact with it when I opened the fridge!

My workout is this morning..
    Husband is at a football game (Canadian league) tonight...
    let's test my willpower.

KIM - Think about trotting down the strip with those hot heels and those sexy slim hips swinging!!!
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Canada has football?
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Haha - yes, we do. bigger field different regulations... more drinking.:laugh:
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I know I said I wasn't going to drink at all before, but I did give in this week. However, I am restarting my goal of not drinking at all. LOL
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Well, I've had a grand day - found out that I got a raise after our recent reviews! :bigsmile: And that it was effective July 3rd and tomorrow's paycheck will contain the retroactive moneys!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

So naturally, I called my boyfriend and told him we were going to Murphy's tonight. I will eat a lovely dinner, save half of it for lunch tomorrow, and have at least one flirtini or glass of wine....maybe two.....or so........
  • surlydave
    Options
    I was going to ask about Shiraz in the fridge... maybe football isn't the only thing they do differently in Canada.

I would say a raise is reason enough to go out. Congrats!

You know those old tootsie pop commercials with the owl... how many licks does it take to get to the center. Well, in my case, it's how many days before I cave in to drinking. ONE.... A TWO HOO... THREE. Three. I had a miserable day at work yesterday (and another today). By the time I left I was too drained to work out. I went and replaced my bike tire ($100 - ouch). And then it was off to the bar. I doubt I will be back on the wagon until next week.

Here's the thing, and I know I have mentioned it before, but I just can't understand it. When I just focus on working out and not drinking and staying good with my diet for 2 or 3 days in a row, I see instant and dramatic scale movement, and it's sustained. I have been hovering around my current MFP (-16) weight since I posted it (July 5th). This morning the scale is six pounds under that, all from this week. Every morning the scale is lower, as if I had been losing calories all along and someone opened the drain on my bathtub and now its all running out. I know, there are worse problems to have right? So why they hell don't I want to be "good" all the time!!!
  • keith0373
    Options
    Haha - yes, we do. bigger field different regulations... more drinking.:laugh:

Obviously, She has never been to a Bills game. There is a group of people with alot of reasons to drink!
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    haha - well well, you are yet wrong yet again. My husband is a DIE HARD BILLS FAN... he goes every year. And I agree, with your shiite QB and well, team, I'd drink too!:drinker:

I like teams that actually make it to the playoffs :glasses: :devil: Bolts are my team.
  • keith0373
    Options
    Cowboys here. They are annoying at times, but they aren't the Bills (they won both of those).
  • surlydave
    Options
    a) The Bills suck

b) Bolts?

c) Two words: Da Bears
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    BRONCOS!!!!!!!

anyway, fail last night :grumble: vodka is my nemisis. well no guilt today since it is Friday!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I have no willpower...I drank into obilivan...hubs and I had a great time tho
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Heyy lushes, how is everyone? I managed to go alcohol free this week :) I was even going to be alcohol free tonight as Friday has crept up on me and I've forgotten to buy my bottle of wine...however....I have just spotted the vodka in the fridge and have some juice to go with it...so....well you can guess what's gonna happen next..the 2 of them are crying out to get together and who am I to stand in the way?
  • rjadams
    Options
    Heyy lushes, how is everyone? I managed to go alcohol free this week :) I was even going to be alcohol free tonight as Friday has crept up on me and I've forgotten to buy my bottle of wine...however....I have just spotted the vodka in the fridge and have some juice to go with it...so....well you can guess what's gonna happen next..the 2 of them are crying out to get together and who am I to stand in the way?

Well done. enjoy tonight. you deserve it.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have been on the sauce quite a lot lately and I have decided to go without this weekend, someone have one for me will you please?????

Cheers, make it a double!!!!!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I have decided to go without this weekend, someone have one for me will you please?????

Cheers, make it a double!!!!!!

Well seeing as it would be helping you out, i'll volunteer to have that large drink for you :wink: :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    So I had three or 4 doubles for you last night. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: it was a good night. :bigsmile: I just didn't care and it felt good. :blushing: