The Walking Dead

Options

Replies

• thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Negan has ascended. I wonder if we will get the back story on him? a low level employee pre-pandemic?

Hadn't even thought of that!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Negan has ascended. I wonder if we will get the back story on him? a low level employee pre-pandemic?
    There's his backstory special in the comics. I haven't seen it on a website where comics are posted, but someone uploaded it to Youtube if you're interested.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    There's his backstory special in the comics. I haven't seen it on a website where comics are posted, but someone uploaded it to Youtube if you're interested.

Also the governor was the low level employee.
  • tribtastic
    tribtastic Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Absolutely loving series 7. Can't wait for shiva to start munching on some saviours!
  • Oxytocin_Panda
    Oxytocin_Panda Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Heard a sound bite from Jeffrey Dean Morgan mentioning that fans that do not follow the illustrated comic version must be wondering where they are going with all the other stories like Tara, Carol & Maggie...apparently it will start to make sense the next 2 weeks. Possible teaming up of the different communities that all share a common enemy in the Saviors?
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    I totally want to bang Negan. Favorite character on the show so far.

And seeing Carl's janky eye hole made my stomach turn. :mask:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Neegan is a joy to watch. He actually makes me anxious, never knowing whether he's gong to snap. Him worth Judith was creepy and adorable.
  • cee134
    Options
    Judith doesn't exist this deep in the comics so that was interesting. Negan doesn't hurt women or kids, but he's still a psyco. Also interesting.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Judith doesn't exist this deep in the comics so that was interesting. Negan doesn't hurt women or kids, but he's still a psyco. Also interesting.

Him or his crew killed 10 year olds at the seaside camp, I wouldn't put it past him to kill kids.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I was working when the show aired, so I had to avoid this thread until I could watch the DVR. I think Negan is supposed to be someone who respects strength and courage. He takes delight in torturing and killing people who cry and grovel (even though that is what he demands of them). He seems to respect those without the fear to stand up to him. Even though he goes on to try to mentally break them, he doesn't kill them.

I think Negan is going to eventually get killed by one of his own guys.
  • silverfiend
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »

Him or his crew killed 10 year olds at the seaside camp, I wouldn't put it past him to kill kids.

but they said he killed all the boys 10 and older. I think he has a weak spot for girls and women because of his past.
  • cee134
    Options
    He had a weak spot for Carl too. No, Negan won't kill a kid. I don't know what happened at the seaside camp. But Negan doesn't kill kids or women. I am also 100% sure of what happens to Negan in the end. If you want to know.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I am really starting to get annoyed with the writers. I feel like they underestimate the intelligence of viewers. They really expect us to continue to believe that all of these people went to kill Negan and then changed their minds?! It isn't that they failed due to circumstances beyond their control. Rick was following Negan around holding Lucille, in some instances far enough away from Negan's helpers... even if Rick thought they are super loyal to Negan, he had opportunity and didn't take it. Same goes for Carl. He has opportunity. Sure, he would have had to shoot yet another of Negan's helpers, but he is obviously risking his own life. So why the hesitation?! As others have mentioned, Daryl had opportunity too. Now if Michonne does the same - she gets a real chance to kill Negan and chooses not to take it - I'm going to be really upset with the writers.
  • silverfiend
    Options
    138shades wrote: »

but they said he killed all the boys 10 and older. I think he has a weak spot for girls and women because of his past.

because he marries them all apparently.......he's not a nice guy lol

Hahaha, true!
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    I am really starting to get annoyed with the writers. I feel like they underestimate the intelligence of viewers. They really expect us to continue to believe that all of these people went to kill Negan and then changed their minds?! It isn't that they failed due to circumstances beyond their control. Rick was following Negan around holding Lucille, in some instances far enough away from Negan's helpers... even if Rick thought they are super loyal to Negan, he had opportunity and didn't take it. Same goes for Carl. He has opportunity. Sure, he would have had to shoot yet another of Negan's helpers, but he is obviously risking his own life. So why the hesitation?! As others have mentioned, Daryl had opportunity too. Now if Michonne does the same - she gets a real chance to kill Negan and chooses not to take it - I'm going to be really upset with the writers.

That. Exactly what you said. Too many people with weapons so close to Negan. Like you said about Carl, he assumed it was a suicide mission anyway, so he should have followed through before Negan could start talking and playing head games. He had no qualms like Rick did about retaliation from the larger group.

It's hard to watch, and not for reasons they want it to be. I'm like, this is too stupid to be fully engaged in.
  • Oxytocin_Panda
    Oxytocin_Panda Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I think Negan is going to eventually get killed by one of his own guys.

^^ This. They showed enough of Dwight this season to bring him back down the road. You can't watch your partner taken from you and flaunted in your face without eventually snapping. You even saw him deep in thought.
    Perhaps in a melee he takes the opportunity to take him out?

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    People still want to live. Emotion may take over and hinder one's decision making, but there's always the will to survive. I think of it as anyone in a gang. They may not like the gang leader and COULD likely take them out any time, but why don't they? Wouldn't the gang be better for it and shouldn't the followers feel better? But for some reason, every leader in a gang leaves enough fear in followers not to do it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I'm really not feeling this Rick and Michonne relationship. I feel like they have zero sexual chemistry. Both are great actors, but they just don't seem to 'click' like a couple. They seem more like brother and sister.

JDM as Negan...OMFG - he's so stickin' cute.

I hope the writers follow the comics...because the Negan story gets really interesting.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm really not feeling this Rick and Michonne relationship. I feel like they have zero sexual chemistry. Both are great actors, but they just don't seem to 'click' like a couple. They seem more like brother and sister.

I hope the writers follow the comics...because the Negan story gets really interesting.

I had my own critique of how they rolled out Rickchonne, but thinking about what they wanted Rickchonne to be and WHY, it makes sense.

They've been building the Rickshonne thing since she arrived with the baby formula.

Think about it.

She arrives, saves Judith.

He won't give her up to save Hershel from the governor.

After the group is scattered after the governor, Michonne, Rick and Carl end up finding each other and being in the same house. That was your biggest clue.

Her and Rick go in the same car to Alexandria.

She knocks him out to protect him from himself in Alexandria.

She saves Carl.

Carl essentially calls her his mother and that he loves her and gave his consent to Rickchonne when he discussed the man taking care of his mother.

You saw what Rick did to his girlfriend he had all that chemistry with in Alexandria to save Carl. Yet, when he saw one lock of Michonne's hair, he put the whole group in danger with Neegan's group.

The Rickchonne thing is not sexual or romantic. It's deeper and can withstand the circumstances.

In the fictional world they inhabit, sex and romance would quickly fizzle because of the amount of pain they face, as you see with the other romances they've done, the one exception being Glenn and Maggie.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'm really going to miss JDM's beard man.