Dude finally ate a banana

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    MJFSH wrote: »
    thinking about that dude

Update: Banana Dude brought a banana today and a nutri-grain bar. With his liter of diet coke. No monster. 2nd day in a row he brought a banana.
  • cee134
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    thinking about that dude

Update: Banana Dude brought a banana today and a nutri-grain bar. With his liter of diet coke. No monster. 2nd day in a row he brought a banana.

I think bananas were on sale here $0.29/lb last week. Maybe he had an extra dollar and didn't know what to do with it

He did have to buy nutri-grain bars. So.... and he always has a new liter of diet coke every day.
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    c5ryudC.gif
  • cee134
    edited September 2016
    Options
    thinking about that dude

I think bananas were on sale here $0.29/lb last week. Maybe he had an extra dollar and didn't know what to do with it

If he had an extra dollar though, it seems Banana Dude would just buy some of the candy at the check out.

Yeah. But literally mid-week he made his change. I wonder what happened? He's not fat but has gained noticeable weight since I started working here months and months ago. He's a nice guy and seems smart, but looks like a creepy 80's stalker.
  • cee134
    edited September 2016
    Options
    thinking about that dude

If he had an extra dollar though, it seems Banana Dude would just buy some of the candy at the check out.

Yeah. But literally mid-week he made his change. I wonder what happened? He's not fat but has gained noticeable weight since I started working here months and months ago. He's a nice guy and seems smart, but looks like a creepy 80's stalker.

1. he had a doctors appointment 2. he is having a midlife crisis 3. he is starting a sextual relationship

Should I walk up to him randomly and ask him these questions? Also, I think he's in his mid to late 20's.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    thinking about that dude

1. he had a doctors appointment 2. he is having a midlife crisis 3. he is starting a sextual relationship

Should I walk up to him randomly and ask him these questions? Also, I think he's in his mid to late 20's.

No. Leave an anonymous note with boxes to check.
    Leave it in the snack cabinet.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    His Dr told him his potassium levels were low...eat a banana a day.
    CASE CLOSED!
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    c5ryudC.gif
    I'd say this is me, but the banana wouldn't even get in my mouth. But it IS exactly what happened when I tried cottage cheese - it was so much worse than I anticipated.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    y'know, i've just skimmed the first and last pages of this, so maybe i'm just re-starting a theme that's been covered already. but no wonder it's so hard for people to change their lifestyles. it seems like once they get pigeonholed by the people around them, anything they do that is different gets attention and mockery. "oh yeah, ha ha. as if someone like you could eat the same stuff as someone like us.'

if he were an mfp member saying 'i ate a banana!' wouldn't people be all 'go you, first steps, etc'? but he's a stranger and so it's almost like you guys want him to stay in that box that you're judging him for.

just sayin'.
  • cee134
    Options
    y'know, i've just skimmed the first and last pages of this, so maybe i'm just re-starting a theme that's been covered already. but no wonder it's so hard for people to change their lifestyles. it seems like once they get pigeonholed by the people around them, anything they do that is different gets attention and mockery. "oh yeah, ha ha. as if someone like you could eat the same stuff as someone like us.'

if he were an mfp member saying 'i ate a banana!' wouldn't people be all 'go you, first steps, etc'? but he's a stranger and so it's almost like you guys want him to stay in that box that you're judging him for.

just sayin'.

At no point have we judged him for eating bananas or not eating them. If he ever walks up to me and says, "I ate a banana" I'll be sure to tell him "go you, first steps." Also, no one in the office knows him as banana dude. It's a shame really.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    thinking about that dude

thinking about that dude

1. he had a doctors appointment 2. he is having a midlife crisis 3. he is starting a sexual relationship

I was wondering why banana dude has started with bananas, @LiftingLady5 summerized all the good reasons!