Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    happy-091.gif
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    You go Barbie you may have to find some new podcast to listen to in order to be really distracted , any good mystery blogs out there??

Mary insomnia is so very tough. I battled with it pretty much through my late 40s. I think your walking approach is a good one. I did the scrub the kitchen floor method, vigorously cleaning or organizing something truly tedious but it did the trick. I also made sure to get enough daylight, no caffeine, no screen time at least 3 hours before bed. Good luck with the challenge, hope it helps.

Thinking of all those facing the hurricane including my dear friend's elderly parents (inland) but still scary for them
    NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,094 Member
    Options
    Heather you look great pictures are fantastic!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Heather you like fantastic in all pictures. Glad you are having fun but your are Heather so what else would we expect.

Hate dealing with 3rd party places of businesses. We had finally decided on ileostomy bag for Charlie after living with free samples since May. We knew the time would finally come where we can't accept free samples anymore. So we call the supply place, they tell us what we needed to do, so called surgeon's office for them to send prescription and chart notes. But heard nothing from supply place. So I called them today. They had received order on Monday. When I asked them what to do now, go in and get the supplies??? So they asked me what particular bags we needed!!!!!! That was what we told the surgeon's office. Well that wasn't on the order. So I tell them the number on and the bag and they say it is a special order and will take up to 7 days for it to get there!!!!!!!!!! I do have a couple of old generic bags that he got when discharged from the hospital. They are some of the no frills type bag. Why didn't the surgeon office put the number on the order? Why didn't the supply place not let us know they had the prescription so I could clarify what they had and get it ordered. This supply place is also the one who is providing my new CPAP. Wonder what kind of hassle will I have for that. Insurance has OKd I am waiting on a respiratory therapist to call and set up and appointment for an evaluation of what mask.

Then there is the issue of the collection agency trying to get money for a bill I paid in February. A 3rd party company did not put on the bill that I paid it so all these months have gone by and a bill collector is on my butt.

I also waiting on the neurosurgeon office calling for an appointment. Next week is my grand kids fall break. Before all this happened with my neck and arm, we were planning on going down there for 2 days and go to a place down there called Kentucky Down Under which is an Australian theme park which is a big petting zoo, birds, and cave tour. I had decided to just grin and bear the pain and mainly give into poor posture that leads to less pain. But these other places seem to have taken control over my life now.

OK, vent over.

DJ, I hope everything is OK. I think my nephew who is in college near Charlotte SC may be in for a lot of rain. I hope that is all. I also think of Allie and her family in Florida. She has so much to worry about.

Joyce, fuming in Indiana
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi, everybody!

Lillian -I want it to cool down and I look forward to fall and winter BUT I don't think I could handle snow in October. Are you one of the gals who is in TOPS? I've been gone for awhile and my memory's kinda wonky so it might be someone else. TOPS means a lot to me. I have continued as the leader of my group even through the last challenging year of weight gain and depression. I especially love the way we support each other and strive to be healthier.

Barbiecat - Since I've been gone, I've lost out on a lot of information about all of you. I am so sorry about your pain. What kind of surgery are you recovering from?

Heather - What a joy to see your beautiful pictures and beautiful you! It looks like you and your hubby are really enjoying this special trip.

Mary - so sorry to hear about your fatigue. I know you are a go-getter so I know this is hard on you.

Lisa - It sounds like you are on a new path. Are you and hubby still in the same area of Texas?

We found out that our family moved inland to my step-daughters mother's in Macon, GA. So glad they are safe but I am concerned about their property along the intercoastal waterway near Cocoa Beach. I was at Publix grocery shopping today and they were taking Red Cross donations at the check out. Glad to see this early effort to help and hope it is going on all over the U.S.

Stay safe
    Toni in Tennessee

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,807 Member
    Options
    about ready to go to bed.. Faith all taken care off..
    hey has anyone heard from Becca? hope all is well and her hubby is well.. miss her witty combacks
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Okay - Melanie here - a.k.a. Wickglamgirl - here are my somewhat belated goals for October

NOPE - NOT ONE POUND EVER! - that means I'm doing to do my very best not to gain anything.

Having said that - I would like to just lose - I haven't lost in weeks but I feel thinner - you know that feeling?

1. don't gain
    2. just lose
    3. move
    4. have fun!
    this is happening to me too...even though I upped my exercise by adding 3 bicycle rides a week the scale is not budging...it would be nice to lose even one pound at this rate. I am not eating more.
    Sure hope it is the fat into muscle story. My legs are definitely getting muscle. But if that scale does not move soon I will begin to lose motivation!
    Betty

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Glo – Most days DH will wake me up in the AM to have ‘fresh’ coffee with him. Sometimes I go back to sleep for another hour or more. Some days he could not wake me up, if he had to, so he just leaves me in the bed. I really hate stale, cold coffee.

Joyce – I use AmericanHome Patient for my C-pap machine. They will call me every 6 months to get my standing order; they have to ask certain questions for Medicare to pay; they ask me the questions and all I do is ‘agree’ with them. Like, ‘your masks are beginning to break down and not work, right’? “Yes” ‘Your tubes are beginning to get condensation built up in them, right’? “Yes.” What was strange for me is when my settings had to be changed, the MD had to write an order for them to change it. When I returned mine to get repairs done to it, I had to get a Rx for the temporary one. That was pretty stupid; but, I did what I had to do. My sister’s C-pap machine, which is ‘new’ is different from my ‘new’ one. I like hers better. I find that mine is harder to fill than my last one; and, more difficult than hers is.

I can remember when I was a young child, we had a 2-week vacation in Jacksonville, FL (my Dad knew the owner of the small motel); and, a hurricane came up the coast. There was a bulkhead at the time that was a good 12 feet or more down to the beach. We sat under the covered patio and watched the water coming over it. Neat; but, VERY, VERY scary. I would not go through another one. Now they no longer have that much space between the sidewalk and the beach. They've put rocks there to help with the erosion problems they had.

Hope that everyone affected by this storm are safe and away from their homes. You can replace 'things'; but, you can't replace 'lives'.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :/
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Wow! That challenge was exhausting! After the 5 walks I totaled 7.29 miles. My DH reminded me that I felt this way for 2 weeks after starting the first session of medication. So, that is probably happening to me now. That means that the medication is having my body attack the mutated Lymes virus. That is a good thing!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.26min, 14.2amph, 148mhr, 2.9mi = 131c
    TREADMILL walk- 45min, 14.21ap, 12incl 4.2sp, 141mhr, 3.13mi = 291c
    ride gym 2 dome- 8.01min, 10.8amph, 132mhr, 1.4mi = 73c
    ride dome 2 hm- 21.28min, 7.2amph, 152mhr, 2.5mi = 195c
    total cal 690
  • pipcd34
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&amp;field-keywords=b01bkub6ba

kirby bought me this watch. i will be putting it thru it's paces when it arrives
  • pipcd34
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Played in the 2nd day of tournament and we won 2nd place in our flight. Not as hot today so I'm not as tired.
    Glad to see that my niece left Palm Beach to a safer area. If you have ever lived through a hurricane you take them very seriously. My hometown in MS was basically washed away in Katrina.
    We're expecting rain and cooler weather tomorrow.
    Not much to report tonight. Sleep well my friends.

SueBDew in TX
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello Stunning Sisters;

I think I am going to take my Mom's scale home with me... lol.

The darned thing said I weight 225 this morning... I really can't wait to get home and see what the scale at the gym says.... I find it hard to believe that I have really lost 7 lbs in the last two weeks, although, I suppose it's not impossible.... if I was retaining water - which is a definite possibility.

So, we leave tomorrow - and hit the road for two more days of road food... *sighs*

I went over in my calories both days on the road coming... so, I expect it will be just as bad on the way home. I am not going to beat myself up too much... I will just get back on track when I get home.

I have been enjoying a fairly lazy vacation. Aside from the cooking the main meal every day, I have done nothing but swim in the pool and go to the gym.

I have slept a lot, chatted a lot and watched a lot of what my husband calls the "talking heads" because my folks spend their lives watching the political TV.

It's a change for me, since I don't have broadcast TV at my house... we just watch whatever my DH has recorded from the library. It's been years since I have seen TV commercials... lol... I must say it has been somewhat entertaining.

But, tomorrow, we hit the dusty trail toward Texas... depending on how much we find to do on the way home, I should be back on Saturday or Sunday.

I will be glad to get back to my own bed, and my own gym - but, I will sorely miss the pool.

Thinking good thoughts for my Coastal Peeps. Batten down the hatches!

Hugs for Everybody!

Re (temporarily in Tucson)

• pipcd34
    Options