WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2016

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Did 1-1/2 hr of Jillian Michael's Hard Body DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some HIIT. Then my car goes for an oil change. While it's there being changed, I'll walk over to Habitat for Humanity and then go to Aldi

Stopped at the soup kitchen before the Green Room. When I was done took some coupons to Lynette. She wanted me to stay, but she was on the phone and I had an appt to get my hair cut so I ran out and said that I'd call her, which I did. then went to CVS, got soda on sale and some Dawn (I like Dawn). With my coupons, for those two items I paid 88 cents.

Lenora - the way you played MTD sounds a lot like when we used to play "regular" (vs. chicken foot) dominoes. It started with 12, but we would draw and draw until someone got the double 12, 11, 10 and so on.

Lisa - so glad you have a potential buyer for that warehouse. Boy, it sure didn't take long!

BlueWillowMist (I forget your name) - healing thoughts being sent your way

Heather - awesome. As usual, you look great

Looks like our condo is going to get hammered. Glad we're on the third floor

Alison - I miss Becca, too

pip - nice watch

Saw the dress rehearsal for Southern Fried Nuptials. Was it ever funny!

Michele in NC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    My sister, in Miami, swore she'd NEVER go through another hurricane ... like Katrina; but, they drove in the rain all the way back to Miami from Daytona; and, it looked like it started skirting the coast of FL about the time they got home. She was telling us that she'd need to gas up, buy water and food that could be eaten without any electricity if necessary. I doubt she'd drive all through the rain to get anywhere. Doesn't look like there would be any use at this point. Looks like they have rain all across the FL peninsula at this point. They seem to think it will turn around and circle back on itself ... as if it doesn't 'think' it has already done enough damage. I guess we'll see what it makes up its mind to do this weekend.

We missed Inez when she stalled over SWGA; kept us in Miami for a 2nd week. Boss would come check our street and I'd call him in the evening to find out what was happening. It was considered the 500-year flood; worse than any 100-year flood since they started keeping records. He got to fly over the area in a helicopter and said that it was a lot bigger and broader than anyone could imagine from just looking at the news.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC - What is 'chicken foot' dominoes?
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Heather, as always, I love reading about your travels. Sitting outside at the restaurant able to watch all that is going on is right up my alley. Sounds wonderful. Good for you on getting rid of the unwelcome music.

Ruby, welcome. I think we are all our own worst enemies. Just try to check in here each day and let us know what is going on. This is a great place for support and information. You can do this.

NYKaren, congrats! We knew you could do it. Keep up the good work.

Charleen, yes, we are keeping a close eye on Matthew but feel we are quite safe. Tomorrow night at the Moose Lodge they are having a Hurricane Party but it ends early enough for everyone to get home safely before any wind starts to blow.

Joyce, did ya have to name and describe all the food at the fair??? I think I gained 3 pounds just reading. It mostly sounds really yummy!!!

Katla, TNToni and all, thanks for the good thoughts and prayers about our approaching friend, Matthew. I really hope we don’t lose power as then our WiFi won’t work. Only about 36 hours and it should be getting here.

Glo, confused-smiley-emoticon-1.gif What were you up to yesterday that you had to keep your mouth shut??

Lisa, you have so much to think about, no wonder you can’t sleep. Good luck with it all.

Allie, as of right now it’s looking like Wilmington should be okay. Probably a good bit of rain.

KJ, glad you are feeling a bit better. Hope you are soon 100%. Thanks for kind words.

Penny, hearing you talk about the sunlight and the weather you could just as well be telling me you live on Mars. It is just so interesting.

Heather, a sliding glass door to the bathroom? That’s a first for me. LOL It sounds like a lot of walking but seeing some great sights. Wonderful pictures. Love the one of you two bull wrestlers!

Mary, great idea on the challenge. I’ll gladly watch. shy-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

Lenora, please, please, please, no more yellow!!!

Barbie, I know it gets boring but I’m glad to hear you are doing what the doctor says. Speedy recovery!

Joyce, how totally frustrating about Charlie’s bags. Sometimes I don’t understand why some things have to be so hard. (((Hugs)))

Re, your vacation sounds perfect to me. Glad you have enjoyed and I hope the scales are right.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I went to the Moose Lodge to sell raffle tickets tonight. I didn’t know what kind of crowd to expect but it was pretty crowded. I am doing it again tomorrow night during the Hurricane Party and then probably will be home by 7:00 and in for the duration. As long as we don’t lose power I’ll try to stop in a few times just to give you all a Matthew update.

Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day!

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    sar42nkajrkz.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Audio books can do wonders for a long walk. It sounds as though you're making good progress after your surgery. :smiley:

Mary: I'm so happy that you're getting treatment for the Lyme's situation. I hope this will be the last time ou need to go through it. :heart:

DJ: Keep us posted on the storm. If you disappear we'll worry about you. (((hugs)))

It has been a quiet day. DH went to his physical therapy appointment without me, and came home tired but moving better. I met a lovely lady and talked about a possible horse for a partial lease, but I can tell this situation will not be right for me. I really liked the woman and may visit her shop in the future for the fun of it. DH & I made chicken soup for dinner and it was wonderful. Hearty soup on a fall day is one of my favorite meals.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Ok ladies I am so far behind, but love to read all about everything so will just be commenting on old stuff…

Happy Birthday Heather!!!!

Gloworm’s “Katla maybe if you wrap yourself in plastic wrap and lie becomingly on the bed in the guestroom DH will sleep there one night ” Ok I’m laughing!!!

Loving seeing the color fun!!!

Penny – I was listening to a Ted Talk (on my phone as a pod cast) about seed saving and it told about the seed bank in your town… and I walked around the house all proud of myself - I already knew about it and I have a friend that lives there!

Pictures are amazing…. I would love to be there, but your descriptions and pictures are the next best thing

I have the Hairy Biker cookbook that Heather uses and tried the Chicken Korma – it was ok,not great, will try again and add a tad bit more flour as the sauce was to watery.

Loved all the pictures!!!! Heather tooo cute on the hat and the bull wrestling

I’m disappointed in myself, I am up 2 lbs from my low which I was so excited to finally get to! But meals out kill me! As much as I try I am just not making the right choices – It is not that I don’t do my research or that I don’t know better - I just don’t do what I know I should.

October Goals:
    2 fun things a week, Lunch with friends 2 times….
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    perverted-smiley.gif
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Kim sending you a boot!! 2 lbs up you can manage. Lighter lunch or one less appetizer (glass of wine?) when you eat out- you've got this!

Happy FRIDAY

NYKAREN
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, all...

The DH is up in New Mexico setting up a massive, triple feed hopper with another guy and the boss. Had to spend the night in a hotel sharing a room with another guy. They left after lunch yesterday, installing this morning, then he and the other employee will head back. Should be home in time for dinner, one hopes. Sure missed him last night, but took a benadryl at 8, then other at midnight, slept almost ten hours, all told. Needed it... the insomnia is sapping my strength, I know--I sympathize with all the other insomniacs on the board.

The ten hours includes two hours asleep on the recliner yesterday afternoon in front of the TV. I was off because I walked in to my boss to show her that the meeting I have to go to tomorrow morning will push my hours up well over 50 for the week.

The whole office is tracking our time and tasks throughout the month of October, because, as of Dec. 1, new federal rules go into effect that will affect any manager making less than $47,476 a year. Any hours over 40 will have to be paid at time and a half overtime. I'm putting together an article showing what that's going to mean to employers and employees.

Off to work on that article (and yes, I'm tracking my time! :)), and get a few things done before I head for work this morning.

Hope all are well and safe,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    3d-cute-tiger-2.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Yoga today! Yay!!! :star::star::star:

I hope everyone in the path of the hurricane is safe and dry today. :heart:

Yesterday DH had PT for his MS and he's moving better today plus he seems to have slept better last night. Two wins! :bigsmile: While he was doing that, I visited a local saddlery/feed store to talk about a possible partial lease of a horse. I do not think it will work out for me because they don't have an indoor riding area and I would have to trailer the horse to one in order to ride during winter months. Not doing that. They had a saddle that I was able to lift clear over my head without pain. WOW! Such things exist! And, no, I'm not telling DH so that he can buy one for me. Absolutely everyone says to buy a saddle that fits the horse. Since I have no horse, buying a saddle would be a waste of money. :noway:

I bought some Halloween candy so that we'll be prepared if anyone shows up. We have little packs of m&ms, (50 calories per packet), and also individual Reece's Peanutbutter Cups at 110 calories each. What isn't taken away by Trick or Treaters will be frozen and doled out sparingly. This worked very well last year. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    Now that's a new one Lisa about the overtime based on how much you make a year. The way things are going with these kinds of laws and mandated hourly wages at $15 pretty soon there will be no competition left because so many small companies will have to go out of business. It's already happening with the $15 minimum wage in Seattle. The little guy can't afford to stay open. This is exactly why American jobs are no longer in America. american-flag.gif

Ok I'm off my soap box - just a sore spot with me!
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    Attention all teachers and/or former teachers. I need help with how to teach an 8 year old 19 new non-phonetic words a week. He is an A student and the difficulty with these spelling lists is causing him to beat himself up for getting so many of them wrong. And what's with this pre-test stuff with words you've never seen before? How in the world is getting 19 wrong out of 19 helpful to young minds? Anyway suggestions are appreciated. I've already started making him flash cards so he can study on the bus but he is really struggling.

Gloria in WA very-sad.gif
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Carol and Janetr I got so tickled when I read that you both ate animal crackers. LOL! I haven't eaten those for years, maybe since I was a kid, but they were so fun! Thanks for the chuckle.

Heather I looked up some of the places you are visiting. Casa Andalusi and La Mezquita are particularly riveting. Those mosaics! I just love them! And I love your hat; phooey on your DH. <3 p.s. which one is the bull?

Karen in Virginia
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

It’s almost noon and all is well in Myrtle Beach. We had some rain before sunrise but it has stopped for now. No change in the predictions since last night. Matthew should keep weakening as he approaches us. Winds only expected to be up to the 60-70 MPH range or less. rainy-cloud-smiley-emoticon.gif Our poor ground is so saturated that it will just be a lake if we get the 8 to 10” predicted. Will keep you posted of any activity. Thanks for all your concerns, well wishes and prayers.

Katla, that chicken soup sure sounds good. I have some chicken to cook and may have to make some.

Lisa, glad you got all that sleep. I know what you mean about sleep deprivation kicking yo butt. When I have a week of tossing and turning it just drags me down.

Gloria, I agree with you on the wage thing. Heck we would all like to make more but what happened to “free enterprise”? I know many companies can’t afford those wages or if they raise their prices enough to do so, we won’t be able to afford what they are selling. *Ya didn’t know what soap box was big enough for both of us, did you?* That is terrible about the 8 year old and spelling. Ppffttt Some children retain better by writing it a few times. You might want to try that. Good luck.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I'm going to the kitchen to start working on chicken soup. Yum.smiley-face-cooking.gif

Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day!

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    BP-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 85
    BR-5X5X 85

Kettlebell Swing