Ghost Stories - I Want To Hear Your Best!

Options

Replies

• melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    This cemetery is just down the road from me, and is called the most haunted in the state. I've only ever been there once, and it was in daylight when my kid's school took them there for an Easter egg hunt. I thought it was the weirdest thing to do, but apparently they do it every year because it's a historical place and it's pretty. I've heard so many creepy stories. I will not ever go there at night.

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/oklahoma/haunted-mission-ok/

6vn9i9anyfck.jpg
    caurqrvw5slv.jpg

Why the hell would a school go there for an easter egg hunt? If thats not the weirdest thing I've heard?!!

I know! They had the kids go into the catholic church up the hill that is still used and they gave them a little history lesson, but told the kids not to ask questions about ghosts or the haunted cemetery. All of the parents there were very uncomfortable and freaked out the whole time. The kids hunted eggs in the meadow next to the old cemetery and played around the old ruins of the buildings that had burned down a hundred years prior. I was afraid to take too many pictures, because I didn't want to see anything questionable in them later on.
  • Ffr57
    Ffr57 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My Aunt grew up in a house in rural Hudson Valley NY, not far from Albany but in farm country. In the home they lived in with her and her siblings and Father, her mother had passed away earlier in a different home so I don't think this spirit was hers. My Aunt went on to tell me that they had a haunted attic. It got so bad that her father actually locked the attic and kept it locked. She said they would hear what sounded like people running across the floor, banging, people trying to get out the door. Yet there was nothing stored in the attic as her father didn't want to go in there either. She went on to tell me it got so bad one night that the whole family along with her father carrying a shotgun went up to the attic opened it and everyone looked in. no one was there. They sold the house a year or so later and she said she went back after several years and the attic room had been removed by the new buyers. Now that's creepy.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    One of the old insane asylum places near me. It is no longer used. The door was propped open even though no body was around, also it still had electricity. I believe parts of the building where used for storage for a local business...

q1xe72s0yetf.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    One of the rooms.

3nwh7pt7moxo.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    All the ghost hunting shows I watch....they never find anything. Sure they have some "questionable" evidence. I just wish one of these days something real would happen to one of those guys.

They're doing it wrong. They need to sit in a rocking chair, at night, with no one else around, facing away from the door, and have only one camera recording the empty door.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My mother has a birthday in October. She died in 1987 a few months after the birth of my first daughter. Mother liked pretty things and pink clothes and and was Tammy Faye before Tammy Faye, but in hot pink. Among the pretty things Mother collected were 4 ceramic pitchers, one for each of her children. I got the green one. Time passed and my family grew. We moved into a new bigger house. My third child was born and she grew. That ceramic pitcher occupied a spot on top of the refrigerator in our kitchen.. One day a few years ago all 4 of us in the house were in the kitchen for various reasons talking about various things. None of us were touching the refrigerator. I know that. Suddenly a loud shattering sound turned our attention to the source of the noise and we saw hundreds of tiny green ceramic shards on the floor. The pitcher had fallen. It was October 29, my mother's birthday. Thus began my filial duty each October 29 to give by nearly departed mother a birthday greeting. Always in the kitchen. Always the first thing I do in the kitchen. "Happy Birthday, Mother!".

Mother also made a ghostly appearance, and was recognized, to my oldest sister a few days after mom died.

Mother also, while alive and young, frequently had dreams which foretold future events in the lives of her and her relatives.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's a good one but it is true! I had some friends over playing cards and drinking. At one point a glass slid about 1 inch on its own, and no one was touching the table.

I've had that happen sober. The bottom of the item, mine was a dinner plate, needs a little water for lubrication. A house can easily have a slight, not a problem, tilt and it happens.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    All the ghost hunting shows I watch....they never find anything. Sure they have some "questionable" evidence. I just wish one of these days something real would happen to one of those guys.

@liftinglady5 do you watch Ghost Adventures?

I used to love Ghost Hunters but...it changed over the years :(
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure I've seen them all. I watched Ghost Hunters for many years. Just wasn't the same after Grant left. But I heard he cheated and rigged his coat in that one episode where they supposedly caught it on film it being "tugged"......although they said he left for "family" reasons. I watched Ghost Adventures from the beginning also, but it isn't as good now either. Zak is pretty silly.

yeah "jacket gate" happened on one of their "Live Halloween Specials" a few years ago and I don't think they were really able to recover from that. But not only that - they stopped helping families and only focused on tourist places.

And yeah - Zak is kinda a tool...but entertaining.
  • cee134
    edited October 2016
    Options

I'm pretty sure I've seen them all. I watched Ghost Hunters for many years. Just wasn't the same after Grant left. But I heard he cheated and rigged his coat in that one episode where they supposedly caught it on film it being "tugged"......although they said he left for "family" reasons. I watched Ghost Adventures from the beginning also, but it isn't as good now either. Zak is pretty silly.

yeah "jacket gate" happened on one of their "Live Halloween Specials" a few years ago and I don't think they were really able to recover from that. But not only that - they stopped helping families and only focused on tourist places.

And yeah - Zak is kinda a tool...but entertaining.

They would have to do something. Otherwise they would just show empty shots and static on the recordings. I wouldn't do families because there would be so many that would write the show saying "their house was haunted". It would be a waste of time.
  • cee134
    Options
    If I was on that show I would always be looking off camera and saying, "what's that!". Then I would start running around and chasing things. And I would always point out the most random *kitten* on video and say. "Look there, what is that, I think it's a ghost!"
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

can't stand those shows, they have no idea what they are doing, what they are dealing with & how they could really harm both themselves & the others there

most of them are stuck in those places they do nothing but irritate

lots of non human entities lurk everywhere :)