Proud to be a snob

Options

Replies

• SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I'm really amused that people are so bent out of shape because I described my personal choices for eating healthy. Well, it was amusing for a few minutes, but has become quite tedious. So you think "eating clean" is silly. Good for you. I think that stuffing a Twinkie in your mouth and telling yourself that there's nothing harmful about it is silly. To each his own.

And those that use the "everything is chemicals" line--I wish I had a dollar for each time I heard that. It's lame but I'll play along.Yes, everything is chemicals so which do you drink with dinner- antifreeze or paint thinner? After all, they're only chemicals.

I'm not going to answer any passive aggressive questions. You're not really looking for an answer anyway.

As far as the question about the black olives-- there isn't anything about black olives that "lets" me eat them. I said that it is about the only thing I choose to eat that comes in a can. I've also eaten organic fat free re-fried beans from a can. Not sure what the point of the question is though.

But seriously, what a spectacle this is. People comparing insults, guffawing and slapping each other on the back like high school jocks, insulting each other for other insults, spewing vitriol. This will be my last post on these message boards. I have neither the time or the need to witness this juvenile drama. I left high school a long time ago.

Good luck with the raw milk.

Louis Pasteur would be spinning in his grave....
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I never heard of "clean eating" until I started reading these message boards. I guess that's what I do. I see a lot of people putting down those who choose to eat this way.

I eat organic whenever possible. I don't eat anything that comes out of a can (except black olives). I don't eat anything that comes out of a bottle unless it has 3 or less ingredients and they are all natural ingredients. I drink raw milk, when I drink milk. (I usually use organic unsweetened almond milk). I don't eat pre-packaged meals or fast food ever.

This is what I feel is the best thing I can do for my body. I don't tell anyone else that they should follow these guidelines. These are my personal choices. If that makes me a snob, so be it.

Who cares?
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I never heard of "clean eating" until I started reading these message boards. I guess that's what I do. I see a lot of people putting down those who choose to eat this way.

I eat organic whenever possible. I don't eat anything that comes out of a can (except black olives). I don't eat anything that comes out of a bottle unless it has 3 or less ingredients and they are all natural ingredients. I drink raw milk, when I drink milk. (I usually use organic unsweetened almond milk). I don't eat pre-packaged meals or fast food ever.

This is what I feel is the best thing I can do for my body. I don't tell anyone else that they should follow these guidelines. These are my personal choices. If that makes me a snob, so be it.

Exactly. :heart:
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Cool story, bro.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I'm really amused that people are so bent out of shape because I described my personal choices for eating healthy.

I'm not going to answer any passive aggressive questions. You're not really looking for an answer anyway.

But seriously, what a spectacle this is. People comparing insults, guffawing and slapping each other on the back like high school jocks, insulting each other for other insults, spewing vitriol. This will be my last post on these message boards. I have neither the time or the need to witness this juvenile drama. I left high school a long time ago.
    These boards sank a long time ago... Now apart from the odd innocent "first poster" who doesn't know any better, there is so little value to be taken out of it that most people don't even bother having anything to do with it.
    You should come back from time to time, though, it is interesting to see new forms of life emerging from the consanguinity.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options

well done, I'm so pleased for you. I have to say your eating habits are just astonishing, very impressive. But you do sound like the most incredibly boring person on earth.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Eat how you want other people need to stop trying to tell others what to do and do what they feel is right not try to degrade or belittle others
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options

well done, I'm so pleased for you. I have to say your eating habits are just astonishing, very impressive. But you do sound like the most incredibly boring person on earth.

Hmm so i am to gather you judge people you dont know? Its very easy to just cut people down for no reason.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...But seriously, what a spectacle this is. People comparing insults, guffawing and slapping each other on the back like high school jocks, insulting each other for other insults, spewing vitriol. This will be my last post on these message boards. I have neither the time or the need to witness this juvenile drama. I left high school a long time ago.

Sad, but true. The OP topic title is a bit of a troll magnet, though - the "proud snob" thing is almost an invitation to trolls. I think a lot of people look for amusing or controversial topic titles not because they really care to contribute, but more because it amuses them to read the snarky comments and add their own "witty" gems.

Some of these people probably don't even care about the subject matter. They're just here for the show. I've seen people switch sides from thread to thread just to be contrary to the OP's.

It's just background noise. Filter out the crap and move forward. :ohwell:
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    Op: Nobody cares that you eat clean. Just don't tell other people your way is the right or only way to be healthy, because that is where other people get bent out of shape. IMO I think you just wanted to brag a bit, but then again no body cares.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    IMO I think you just wanted to brag a bit, but then again no body cares.
    It was just attention seeking behaviour
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    And those that use the "everything is chemicals" line--I wish I had a dollar for each time I heard that. It's lame but I'll play along.Yes, everything is chemicals so which do you drink with dinner- antifreeze or paint thinner? After all, they're only chemicals.

Fact: Water (H2O) is a CHEMICAL!

Fact: Everything in this world is, indeed, comprised of chemicals. True. Simple. Undeniable. Fact.
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What's a natural ingredient? What's an unnatural ingredient?
    This ought to be fun
    :) Oh yes!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Fact: Water (H2O) is a CHEMICAL!

Fact: Everything in this world is, indeed, comprised of chemicals. True. Simple. Undeniable. Fact.
    Not to mention, water is fatal when inhaled.
  • littletoblerone
    Options
    I respect your choices, but sadly you'll be the first one to go out of the survivals in a nuclear apocalypse.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I am a food snob too. I only eat things that have 3 ingredients listed or less. Natural ingredients.
    Like my chicken, it is caned, but the only listed ingredients are Chicken, Water, Salt! Bonn apatite!

chickenincan-lrg.jpg

What the..? :noway:
    Is that real?
    :huh:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Yes if your way is so right they how did you get so big in the first place? I don't eat totally clean and I've never had 40lbs to lose! Maybe it's time to re-thing things a little.

You're a douche.

And you are sweet.

in...for the cat fight ^ bring it!!!!

Criticizing someone for the weight they have to lose is just so classy, this chick is top notch!

Wasn't critising, asking why if eating clean is so great then why does she need to lose weight? No need to call me names!

Riiiiight. So because YOU never had to lose 40# what YOU were doing must have been right! Eating too much FOOD regardless of whether you consider it clean or dirty is why people get fat. There's nothing to rethink, other than how many calories you eat. How you choose to get those calories has absolutely no bearing on your weight loss.

ohhhhhhh dam, she came right back in yo face!!! In the face...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El diablo?...is that you?...:laugh:
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    If ya feel good eating that way, so what? Continue! Nobody's beeswax. It's your body.