Yeah I don't dunk either, lol.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Sara1791 wrote: »
    I guess everyone has something they feel strongly about. I think some of you people feel about chocolate the way I feel about pizza. NYC real pizzeria, no chains, no deep dish, crispy crust, brick oven if possible but not a deal breaker, real cheese, not too sweet. There's an old joke about there not being any such thing as a bad pizza; I disagree.

If you only like pizza a certain way, you don't really like pizza.
    A true pizza lover loves the best pizza (which is Cassano's in sw Ohio, a St. Louis style thin crust pizza) and the worst pizza (little ceasar's).

Same with chocolate. If you only like gourmet chocolate, you're not a chocolate lover.

I love Hershey kisses.
    I love m&ms.
    I love pillsbury brownies.
    I love Twix.
    I love Betty Crocker chocolate cake (box mix) with Betty Crocker chocolate icing.
    I love all the chocolate.
    I am not discriminatory.

Do you mean St. Louis style pizza as in that stuff with the disgusting provel cheese?

Probably means extremely thin cracker like crust but cut in squares. Usually anyone outside of St Louis has no idea about provel cheese. I live in STL now but not born here, I can tolerate it on IMO's pizza but I prefer mozzarella.

Yeah, I can only have a few pieces of Imos before I'm over it, I also can only eat the corners where the edge is crispy, and always have to ask for light cheese b/c that provel is disgusting to me.

Are you in STL? I actually prefer provel on salads than on pizza. Have you ever eaten at Rigazzis on the Hill? They make fried provel. It is... unique. I like it but usually because it is accompanied by a fishbowl of beer and it is nostalgic as my now husband took me there on my first time visiting STL and we ate them on my wedding day bus ride around town between wedding and reception...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I guess everyone has something they feel strongly about. I think some of you people feel about chocolate the way I feel about pizza. NYC real pizzeria, no chains, no deep dish, crispy crust, brick oven if possible but not a deal breaker, real cheese, not too sweet. There's an old joke about there not being any such thing as a bad pizza; I disagree.

A true pizza lover loves the best pizza (which is Cassano's in sw Ohio, a St. Louis style thin crust pizza) and the worst pizza (little ceasar's).

Same with chocolate. If you only like gourmet chocolate, you're not a chocolate lover.

I love Hershey kisses.
    I love m&ms.
    I love Twix.
    I love Betty Crocker chocolate cake (box mix) with Betty Crocker chocolate icing.
    I am not discriminatory.

I don't know about Little Caesar but Pizza Hut is disgusting.

Twixt isn't chocolate though..

Little ceasar's is the cheap option you get for birthday parties because it's inexpensive but still pizza.
    Pizza Hut's pan crust meat lover's pizza is delicious and anyone who says otherwise is a lying teller of lies.
    I'm a big fan of papa john's too, btw.

And Twix is chocolate on the outside. Crunchy caramelly goodness on the inside.

I love Hershey kisses.
    I love m&ms.
    I love Twix.
    I am not discriminatory.

You forgot Oreos. ;)
    Well that just goes without saying.

I 75% agree with you. Little Caesars is also good for weeknights when you have a change of plans and need dinner fast. I also am partial to their crazy bread and it reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom would come home with these long packages of two (TWO!) pizzas: "pizza pizza"

Also Twix is the only candy that had the cookie crunch. Do not doubt George Costanza's candy preferences.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

I love Hershey kisses.
    I love m&ms.
    I love Twix.
    I am not discriminatory.

Do you mean St. Louis style pizza as in that stuff with the disgusting provel cheese?

Probably means extremely thin cracker like crust but cut in squares. Usually anyone outside of St Louis has no idea about provel cheese. I live in STL now but not born here, I can tolerate it on IMO's pizza but I prefer mozzarella.

Yeah, I can only have a few pieces of Imos before I'm over it, I also can only eat the corners where the edge is crispy, and always have to ask for light cheese b/c that provel is disgusting to me.

Are you in STL? I actually prefer provel on salads than on pizza. Have you ever eaten at Rigazzis on the Hill? They make fried provel. It is... unique. I like it but usually because it is accompanied by a fishbowl of beer and it is nostalgic as my now husband took me there on my first time visiting STL and we ate them on my wedding day bus ride around town between wedding and reception...

Yeah, I am in STL. I've not been to Rigazzis, but I'll definitely give it a try. But I probably won't do the fried provel b/c cheese & I aren't always friends, lol. I have to be very careful with my intake of it.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    32ndxps3eol5.jpg
    I'll see your Tim Tams and white chocolate mice and raise you a Tunnock's Teacake.

When I saw the length and rapid growth of this thread I thought an argument must have broken out. I didn't expect an in-depth discussion about which chocolate (or pizza, or cheese, or chocolate-covered cheese) the OP would be best to binge on.

Going to have to buy some of these next time I'm in the supermarket now!
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Even at my age, I still can't eat a Tunnock's Teacake without smashing it on my forehead first :neutral:

Edit for context: We used to do that in primary school, and I think most people stopped then!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    There used to be a teacake that you could peel the mallow off with your mouth to leave the chocolate jam biscuit bit ..so you'd eat the shell, then peel off the mallow and eat it like a marshmallow ...those mallows in tunnocks are gooey...they vaguely upset me in their wrongness

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Although now I'm craving a caramel wafer
  • CurlyCockney
    Options
    And I want a Wagon Wheel :-(
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I think Lee's teacakes have the firmer mallow? They certainly have jam. I love both.

And you can peel the chocolate off a Tunnock's teacake, I've seen it done. It's an advanced skill.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options
    @CurlyCockney I have never heard of this ritual. Do you take the foil off first?
  • CurlyCockney
    Options
    @CurlyCockney I have never heard of this ritual. Do you take the foil off first?

The ones we had at school didn't have foil, we were too poor for such luxuries ;-)

Actually, this has made me realise how eating styles have changed over the years. Our snacks at school consisted of a teacake, a packet of Puffs (like Wotsits, but less orangey) and a small carton of juice. We never had snacks at home and I don't remember any overweight kids.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options
    I'm more picturing a bunch of school kids with chocolatey circles printed on their foreheads
  • CurlyCockney
    Options
    I'm more picturing a bunch of school kids with chocolatey circles printed on their foreheads

Hehehe we lived life in the fast lane, choccie heads didn't scare us!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Tunnocks wafers with the coconut coating. Those are heaven. And not horrible on calories either!

Wagon Wheels are disappointing now, they've shrunk them too much.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Ash Wednesday?
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Even at my age, I still can't eat a Tunnock's Teacake without smashing it on my forehead first :neutral:

Edit for context: We used to do that in primary school, and I think most people stopped then!

Not my husband. Sigh.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    lissmayer wrote: »
    1 Just discovered I am not from a dunking culture
    2 Pizza Hut is the worst pizza followed by Dominos. Little Caesars and Papa Johns are acceptable albeit trashy pizza esp if you are high.

u9t2AIR.gif