So this happened..

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I like hazelnuts. I like chocolate. I like whole hazelnuts in chocolate. But as soon as you grind those critters up, I'm out. I don't like Nutella, absolutely hate praline...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I like hazelnuts. I like chocolate. I like whole hazelnuts in chocolate. But as soon as you grind those critters up, I'm out. I don't like Nutella, absolutely hate praline...

More for me :D To be fair, I kinda wish I didn't like it, because it's hard for me to stop on those things... Heck I got my mom to bring me back some praline paste from France so I can make Paris-Brest. Which is really not a good idea. Oh well.

Ok I'll have to check Target for Tim Tams... eventually.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I guess everyone has something they feel strongly about. I think some of you people feel about chocolate the way I feel about pizza. NYC real pizzeria, no chains, no deep dish, crispy crust, brick oven if possible but not a deal breaker, real cheese, not too sweet. There's an old joke about there not being any such thing as a bad pizza; I disagree.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Still my favorite.
    Ingredients: MILK CHOCOLATE
    CANE SUGAR
    MILK
    CHOCOLATE
    COCOA BUTTER
    MILK FAT
    LECITHIN
    NATURAL FLAVOR

ri213mfdm31j.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »
    I guess everyone has something they feel strongly about. I think some of you people feel about chocolate the way I feel about pizza. NYC real pizzeria, no chains, no deep dish, crispy crust, brick oven if possible but not a deal breaker, real cheese, not too sweet. There's an old joke about there not being any such thing as a bad pizza; I disagree.

I'm completely with you. I'm so picky about my pizza now... there is DEFINITELY such a thing as disgusting pizza.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    ogtmama wrote: »
    I saw Tim Tams at Target the other day. Wish I bought them now...

My Aussie friend taught me to bite both ends off and then suck up your coffee/tea/milk through the cookie and then eat it...oh.my.god.

Tomorrow I'm doing it! Also, marry me?

For best results, just nibble off opposite corners.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Sara1791 wrote: »

I'm completely with you. I'm so picky about my pizza now... there is DEFINITELY such a thing as disgusting pizza.

Also on board with this. I happen to have about 20 wood fired pizza places in spitting distance so am quite spoiled. One day I'll get to New York to see how we compare!
  • MarlowJo13
    MarlowJo13 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If you get diabetes from that then I'm really in trouble! I ate about 20 of those little rocket candies over the weekend! Halloween is a scary time for me.. and not from costumes... enjoy your chocolates!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    OP: Dear MFP community, I am extremely tempted by chocolate and worry I will binge on it to an extreme that will negatively affect my diet...what do I do?

MFP Community: Spams images of chocolates and debates which are the best

sunot.gif
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    OP: Dear MFP community, I am extremely tempted by chocolate and worry I will binge on it to an extreme that will negatively affect my diet...what do I do?

MFP Community: (Spams images of chocolates and debates which are the best)

We know what's a priority.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

MFP Community: (Spams images of chocolates and debates which are the best)

I guess next time she might choose better chocolate to binge on?
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    ogtmama wrote: »
    I saw Tim Tams at Target the other day. Wish I bought them now...

My Aussie friend taught me to bite both ends off and then suck up your coffee/tea/milk through the cookie and then eat it...oh.my.god.

Tomorrow I'm doing it! Also, marry me?

It's called a Tim tam slam! :D
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I find straight up Hersheys tastes like its burnt. Like the way melted chocolate tastes when you accidentally microwave it too long.

I freely admit to being a chocolate snob. I keep these in my pantry, just for baking:

s-l225.jpg461-a-Lindt-semi-sweet-cho-253x220_0.jpg

2.5kg bags of Lindt Madagascar 70% coverture

I am actually a chocolate snob myself. I usually go with the high end stuff. The REAL Greatest packages cookie of all time. Just don't tell @Carlos_421
    gvax3gcd99lc.jpg

I mean it says it right there in the package. Chocolaty happinesses

You. Giant. Tease.
    Don't do that to an Aussie in Canada that hasn't had these in years, and the only store that used to sell them (Loblaws) closed down.

The things I'd do for Tim Tams.. I love to use them as a straw for coffee (it's the only way!) I LOVED the hazelnut and caramel ones, but never found them here.

But oreos are love, too.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate and Caramel with Sea Salt. <3

+1 on this!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I find straight up Hersheys tastes like its burnt. Like the way melted chocolate tastes when you accidentally microwave it too long.

I freely admit to being a chocolate snob. I keep these in my pantry, just for baking:

s-l225.jpg461-a-Lindt-semi-sweet-cho-253x220_0.jpg

2.5kg bags of Lindt Madagascar 70% coverture

I am actually a chocolate snob myself. I usually go with the high end stuff. The REAL Greatest packages cookie of all time. Just don't tell @Carlos_421
    gvax3gcd99lc.jpg

I mean it says it right there in the package. Chocolaty happinesses

You. Giant. Tease.
    Don't do that to an Aussie in Canada that hasn't had these in years, and the only store that used to sell them (Loblaws) closed down.

The things I'd do for Tim Tams.. I love to use them as a straw for coffee (it's the only way!) I LOVED the hazelnut and caramel ones, but never found them here.

But oreos are love, too.

My Metro carries them...I've been seeing them everywhere.