No Alcohol November 2016 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• onsickmom
    onsickmom Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I sure miss vanity!!!!! I plan to get me some back...lol..
  • onsickmom
    Options
    FULL BLOWN PANIC ATACK RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! All PRAYERS ON DECK!!!!!STAT
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    onsickmom wrote: »
    FULL BLOWN PANIC ATACK RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! All PRAYERS ON DECK!!!!!STAT

You're okay.

It will pass. Whatever has gotten you upset is not worth it.

Let's see....since you don't say what happened...try this:

"What other people think about me is none of my business."

I don't know what set you off, but stop thinking about it. Get busy. Take a hot shower, put on clean PJs. Eat something.

• cmriverside
    Options
    th?id=OIP.Mfca6b73365385c1a5ac589f067b16473H0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I was on water pills for having high blood pressure - regularly around 160/90. My last three BP readings have been low since I stopped drinking (and quit my BP pills simultaneously). Yesterday I was 92/64 and the doctor had to read my chart twice and clarify that I had high BP just a few months ago.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Nothing set me off.....That lasted 1:45 minutes......The worst attack ever in my life....I was totally fine..Just finished my dinner...Kids were all being good..I got the warning signs that one was coming...Tried deep breathing...Tried distraction...Fun music..switched to praise and worship music...Got a prayer chain going to tell God hurry help me!!!!!!! I pray that is my first and last MAJOR PANIC ATTACK!!!!! I am now sore from tensing up....And I'm still cold....It's almost 10 pm here..I need to close my eyes and sleep.....I'm gonna pray real good!!!! Meditation...Jason here I come as always....Anyone who prayer!!!! God bless you....Words of encouragement thank you.......@Queenmunchy.....That's odd how you went from high to low....Has me curious????? Maybe some of my brain mess and heart racing and dizzy stuff might be blood pressure?????? Oh look at me....Gonna find a reason to stress....Girls I'm wack job!!!!! Or feel like it at times!!!!!Im SOBER!!!! Talk about wanting to crack a can......I really had to pull out all stops tonight!!!!!! Praise the Lord.....I wanna feel.....But not like that....Guess I'm getting plenty of reminders why I can and will not ever drink again....I am gonna do this!!!!!! Never again!!!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Well, it's December 1st! I know two of you made it the entire month without one sip of alcohol, did anyone else? I will admit, I had some beers on my husbands birthday, rum on Thanksgiving eve, wine on Thanksgiving, and I wasn't planning on it but it just happened, I had two beers on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I still feel great about the month though, very much accomplished. I'm just going to take December as it is and am kind of thinking I might like to do a sober January and see if I can actually make it the entire month without even one sip. I hope everyone has great luck on whatever journey you're on! Especially @onsickmom , I hope you're feeling better today, sounds like you made it through whatever was troubling you yesterday, one day at a time!

If anyone starts another group or thread, feel free to leave the link in here for everyone that's interested!
  • onsickmom
    Options
    I'm suffering today....It's the devil trying to break me!!!! I will get thru....one day...one minute...at a time....Coughing wet cough such fun...Part of PAWS..... Yes I'm sober...yes I'm happy for that and others who made it and cut back...CONGRATULATIONS
  • onsickmom
    Options
    I don't know how to do the link thingy...lol
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I don't know how to do the link thingy...lol

I don't know how to do it on the app but on the computer you just copy the address bar, then paste wherever you want it posted.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Well that said NOVEMBER.....ROFL@ MYSELF!!!!! I'm gonna snoop around I guess.....Watching the Walton's right now....You know why!!!!!! Oh boy......Well day 1 December SOBER!!!!!!
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm suffering today....It's the devil trying to break me!!!! I will get thru....one day...one minute...at a time....Coughing wet cough such fun...Part of PAWS..... Yes I'm sober...yes I'm happy for that and others who made it and cut back...CONGRATULATIONS

That is the job of the Devil.. He knows your weakness, but remember you have gotten through this before and you will get through it again. What is PAWS? I have a hard time trying to figure out what all the abbreviations are. idk... :)
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Post acute withdraw....PAW,S
  • onsickmom
    Options
    I did it.....new group started.....I'm surprised....lol....I'm not very computer smart
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Please find the Dec 2016 sober support group....I tried to invite people but without any luck?????Made it today!!! I'm the only person on it lol....Found one and joined but it's from 2014.... So time to ring in the new year SOBER

• cmriverside
    Options
    oh. You started a Group? Cool!

Here's the link, if anyone is looking for it:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/117271-dec-2016-get-sober-stay-sober-support
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I did not make it the whole month of November without any alcohol. I had planned on going out for my birthday so I knew I wouldn't make it the whole month but then last weekend a friend's friend was out celebrating finishing his thesis and what was supposed to be one beer ended up being 3. And I got another migraine on Tuesday so I really do think there is a correlation between beer (I'm guessing IPAs) and my migraines. I know I will never completely cut out alcohol but I do want to cut way back. Like when I say one beer actually only have one beer, even if everyone else gets completely smashed.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I did not make it the whole month of November without any alcohol. I had planned on going out for my birthday so I knew I wouldn't make it the whole month but then last weekend a friend's friend was out celebrating finishing his thesis and what was supposed to be one beer ended up being 3. And I got another migraine on Tuesday so I really do think there is a correlation between beer (I'm guessing IPAs) and my migraines. I know I will never completely cut out alcohol but I do want to cut way back. Like when I say one beer actually only have one beer, even if everyone else gets completely smashed.

I did good last night at bowling. I planned on just having two beers and I actually stopped at two!! I wanted more, it helped that they had a crappy selection, lol. I just had water and then iced tea with our pizza afterwards. This morning I got up and ran a 5k and feel great! It's always been hard for me to stop at one or two when I'm out and feeling good so that is something I really want to work on. It's all willpower.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    @onsickmom , if you haven't yet, you can post a regular thread (probably in motivation/support) about your group to add members and just let the whole place know it's there.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Nothing set me off.....That lasted 1:45 minutes......The worst attack ever in my life....I was totally fine..Just finished my dinner...Kids were all being good..I got the warning signs that one was coming...Tried deep breathing...Tried distraction...Fun music..switched to praise and worship music...Got a prayer chain going to tell God hurry help me!!!!!!! I pray that is my first and last MAJOR PANIC ATTACK!!!!! I am now sore from tensing up....And I'm still cold....It's almost 10 pm here..I need to close my eyes and sleep.....I'm gonna pray real good!!!! Meditation...Jason here I come as always....Anyone who prayer!!!! God bless you....Words of encouragement thank you.......@Queenmunchy.....That's odd how you went from high to low....Has me curious????? Maybe some of my brain mess and heart racing and dizzy stuff might be blood pressure?????? Oh look at me....Gonna find a reason to stress....Girls I'm wack job!!!!! Or feel like it at times!!!!!Im SOBER!!!! Talk about wanting to crack a can......I really had to pull out all stops tonight!!!!!! Praise the Lord.....I wanna feel.....But not like that....Guess I'm getting plenty of reminders why I can and will not ever drink again....I am gonna do this!!!!!! Never again!!!!

@onsickmom - I think it's because of no drinking and no smoking. I've always been a very "healthy" eater, but inconsistent with exercise. Now I'm finally dropping the bad habits and being consistent in the gym (4am isn't quite as early when you're not slightly hungover).