No Alcohol November 2016 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• onsickmom
    onsickmom Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I bet!!!!! That's an early start...Good for you!!!!! I'm happy for you.....
  • onsickmom
    Options
    I'm doing OK today!!!!!! I've fought off short panic's but nothing I couldn't breathe away....I started a Dec group...So far I'm the only one there.....Heck I may talk to myself all month....lol....I could make another profile and discuss things with me...ROFL!!! I sure wish you all the best....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!! OXOX....THANK YOU
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Oh.?..?and we have a member....Come on girls.....join us.....We need you...I need you!!!!!!
  • onsickmom
    Options
    @MonkeyMel21 ........I will have to figure that one out now.?..oh my...My brain isn't swift as it was back when I was like ten...lol It's ten pm here now.Will seek that out over the weekend..Thank you.....ox
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    @onsickmom , here's the link to the Motivation and support area. Just click on "create", decide on the title, like "Sober Support group, come join" or something, then type out in the body of it your intention and click post! You will need to link the group though so people can find it (right click and copy the address of your group before you create your post, then just paste it in to the body of your post). Good luck!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/motivation-and-support

• onsickmom
    Options
    Thank you
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I was on water pills for having high blood pressure - regularly around 160/90. My last three BP readings have been low since I stopped drinking (and quit my BP pills simultaneously). Yesterday I was 92/64 and the doctor had to read my chart twice and clarify that I had high BP just a few months ago.
    That's fantastic news! @Queenmunchy

• onsickmom
    Options
    I failed at my attempt to copy paste???? I'm lost. Oh well...is what it is...I guess cause I can't right click on the tablet.?? Today wasn't as bad for me....Had a couple episodes...I was able to work thru them..I walked in the cold air and it set me free!!!! I've always hated the cold....Not today!!!! I embraced it...Felt good to just be outside alone!!!! One with nature!!! For a few minutes I forgot my worries... My feet and hands were numb with bitter temperature's....But my mind was awake and happy!!!!! Was so nice!!!! Tonight I battle the dreaded anxiety of falling asleep and just wanna go outside in my sleeping bag and breath in the frosty air and forget my own brain......I'm not sure who started this group......I think monkey....But maybe change the month to December??? I don't wanna leave......Sober another day!!!!!!! Feeling!!!!!!
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Guess I can't do it......I tried...??????????? Can you start it monkey then add me and the other gal?????
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    onsickmom wrote: »
    Guess I can't do it......I tried...??????????? Can you start it monkey then add me and the other gal?????

I'll get on my lap top and create a post about your group. I don't know how to copy and paste from the address bar on the app either, maybe that's the issue. I can't change the title of this thread after the first hour I believe.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Thanks....I put a message on the community part.....telling to go to groups....I appreciate your help....Muahhh
  • MonkeyMel21
    edited December 2016
    Options
    onsickmom wrote: »
    Thanks....I put a message on the community part.....telling to go to groups....I appreciate your help....Muahhh

Haha, I just started a community thread too :|

edit: I just added the link onto your thread.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    @MonkeyMel21 thank you.....I will look for yours.....Cant have too much team rooting!!!!!! Go sober day again!!!! I will be so relieved when a full year has passed....Surely by then I will feel like new...Great news is today I pulled on a pair of jeans I wore last July....not this past one....the year before...Boy do they look silly...lol....out dated!!!!! But with my messed up blue hair I guess I looked pretty hip for an older gal....
  • tamera_g
    tamera_g Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Has a December group started yet? I can't find it
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Goodnight....Made it..Dec 5 th Sober
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Yes!!!! Today is 100 days sober for me!!!! I'm so proud of myself and very grateful to those who helped and believed in me....I am getting hungrier...Making good choices...Accept a few tortilla chips an a spoon of canned cheddar....yum....I'd love to hear where you are in your Sobriety....A new group is open...I'm there...See you soon
  • Santeham
    Santeham Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hardest time will be the weekends? I would have thought Christmas, Boxing day and New Years Eve would have been the hardest days! December is possibly the worst month to give up, so I say the VERY BEST of luck to you! If you can keep it up Congratulations! you'll most definitely deserve it!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options

@Santeham
    That's why we did November first, lol!! Most of us made exceptions for Thanksgiving. It's now rolled over in to December for a few members who want to keep it going.
  • Santeham
    Santeham Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's possible I may have miss-read the OP... Now being in December... and assuming the month you were giving up was... well you can see where I'm going with this.
    Anywho's Congratulations to everyone that made it!