Options
    :heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Mary: Love the pictures of Shep. Happy Birthday to him! :bigsmile:

Jami from WA: Welcome to a great group! :flowerforyou:

Leonora: Cute doggy! :smiley:

Lois in North Shore MA: Congratulations on emptying your closet of clothes that are too big. I took mine to the Senior Center Thrift Store. There are some sentimental ones that are still in my closet. :embarassed:

Sherry: There is a Safeway at Jantzen Beach. It is on the east side of the freeway. A friend managed it for a few years a while back, but now he manages the store here in town. :smiley:

Sherry & Re: Recreational Pot is different than medical. The medical stuff is primarily a pain reliever and requires a state issued Marijuana Card that is for people with health issues. DH uses it from time to time. The pot that is intoxicating is taxed at the retail outlet just like liquor. :ohwell:

We had a sunshiney day today & I spent hours down on the docks pushing branches and floating debris away from the marina and into the channel for the river to move it along. The work felt good. I was working along with one of our neighbors so I wasn't on the docks alone, and I was also wearing a lifejacket.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Re - you are welcome here any time! Since I moved I will have to find a new dispensary somewhere around here. I looked on the "Leafly" app and there are a few fairly close by so I will have to go check them out in the next couple of days. They all have good reviews.

Carey - I agree with RE, I would be getting a second opinion. My first Ortho surgeon said kinda the same thing, "that's what happens when we age!", but I am too young to be this messed up so I found a new ortho surgeon who happens to agree with me and is doing everything in his power to get me back somewhere close to where I " should" be. He set me up with the physical therapist who specializes in conditions like mine and I have hopes of avoiding another fusion surgery on my back if it works.

I checked out the laundry room at the end of my street ( I am the second space in from the end) and all seems well. The machines are clean and well kept. There are 3 each of both washers and dryers and no one using them in the middle of the afternoon, so it may be a good time of day to use them. We'll see. At least I won't have to drag my laundry very far!

Sherry in "puff, puff, pass" Portland
  • sherryminch
    Options
    Katla - you can get both the high THC and the high CBD types with or without a medical card, as I buy both types recreationally. I qualify for a med card, I just could never afford to get one, but now I can get one since I am saving money from this move and not have to pay the recreational tax anymore. I don't use it just to get high, I use it medicinally too.

Sherry in Portland
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Options
    Hello all: I had a meeting with my wellness coach today and that went well. We went to the bank and to get groceries afterwards and in the middle of the grocery store DH started to get woosy. I asked him what he had eaten today and he answered 1/2 a frozen waffle with jelly. He also took his diabetic meds. I suggested he get a hot chocolate from Starbuck's as they use whole milk but he said no he would get a banana. He came back with a 3 Musketeers candy bar. Can you say non-compliant patient and stubborn idiot? It is almost as if he deliberately does these things to gain attention. Sorry, rant over.

Sharon - So sorry for your friend. You never expect that your children will die before you do.

Kim - Hang in there girl. I sincerely hope things will not turn out that way for you.

Jami - Hello and welcome from someone just outside Snohomish not so very far from you. My DS lives in Kirkland.

For those of you who have moved or are comtemplating moving. "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius

Everyone take care and let's remember that one day at a time thing. Sue in WA
  • sherryminch
    Options
    Crap, I couldn't turn the bold off! Lol!

Sherry
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :)Sherry, Thank you for the reminder of the great spiritual principles to live by <3
  • sherryminch
    Options
    Barbie - my pleasure! I thought we could all use a reminder right about now.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kim in California~ Just rec'd your picture for the advent calendar. I cut out Levi's picture too! If anyone just wishes to put their 4-legged kids on the MFP Advent Calendar you can do that too.
    Presently I have 9 people participating.
    Poerava14, Exermom, Janetr7476, Godmomkim, Vicki157, bwcetc, bkrimpet, Fanncy0626 and Barbiecat.

So if any of you wish your 4 legged family included, just shoot me a private message and I will give you my address. Mary that is for YOU, I need Shep on my Advent Calendar... LOL! Please send me only photos, because
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kim in California~ Just rec'd your picture for the advent calendar. I cut out Levi's picture too! If anyone just wishes to put their 4-legged kids on the MFP Advent Calendar you can do that too.
    Presently I have 9 people participating.
    Poerava14, Exermom, Janetr7476, Godmomkim, Vicki157, bwcetc, bkrimpet, Fanncy0626 and Barbiecat.

So if any of you wish your 4 legged family included, just shoot me a private message and I will give you my address. Mary that is for YOU, I need Shep on my Advent Calendar... LOL! Please send me only photos, because
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Katla ssh I kept a couple too >:)

Lenora I plan to have more of those NSV's!

Shep Happy Birthday you are a handsome boy. We had a wonderful Shepard once too!

Sherry enjoy your "pared down" living...Nice the laundry is close. One great thing about the laundromat is getting everything done at once & lots of space to fold.

Happy Veterans Day to those serving & those who have served including my youngest...Navy JAG Corps.

Lois on the North Shore of Ma.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,737 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 15.55min, 11.2amph, 2.9mi= 90c est
    ELIPTICAL- 31min, 119mhr, 2incl, 1resist, 90stpmin, 3.19mi = 346c est
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.56in, 10.7amph, 1.4mi = 95c est
    walk station 2 wk- 7.28min, 3.8amph, 115mhr, .4mi = 53c
    walk wk 2 station- 8.04min, 3.7amph, 100mhr, .4mi = 35c
    ride dome 2 hm up Mst- 20.05min, 7.4amph, 162mhr,2.4mi = 215c
    total cal 834
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :) I get my hair cut at Great Clips...I was finally able to go in today since my back finally felt good enough to sit in the chair....I found out that tomorrow (Veteran's Day) haircuts are free to veterans....isn't that awesome :)

:) We just finished watching another stress relieving movie and the next item on the agenda is meditation

yoga-exercise-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sherryminch
    Options
    Lois - thanks, hun! Very true, very true, that is the one reason I like laundromats!

Yay Vets!!!!! If it wasn't for you all I wouldn't be able to do the things I do in this country! Thank You for my freedom!

Sherry in "hug a vet!" Portland
  • sherryminch
    Options
    Katla - thanks for the info on the Safeway! You saved me from looking it up! I will have to go check it out tomorrow as I still have a few things to pick up, like my favorite - sweet potatoes.

Sherry in "lovin' them tubers!" Portland
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    400 year old tree, it's 25' in circumference, 65' tall and it's area of shade is 17,000 square feet. BIG tree. That's Jack in front of it, a mere 6'3" :)

Second picture is of a white squirrel in a nearby tree, apparently there is a family of four.

Janetr okc4bmzdqa391c2.jpg

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did about 50 minutes of Stephanie Vitorio's Body DVD. I cut it short because there was no way I wanted to miss the neurologist. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Zero to Thirty with weights DVD. As I recall, this is a step DVD.

Went to Dollar General to get a birthday card for Dianna and one for Bryan. Then volunteered at the Green Room, then took a jacket of mine to the cleaners. I hate one way streets. Newcomer bowling tonight.

Re - I like your mantra. I just may borrow it. Glad that "America is in labor" put a smile on your face. That's what it was intended to do. Your dinner sounds delish. We had crab tonight.

Just found out that they're going to close one branch of the Y, the one closest to me. Well, to be honest, they really didn't have a whole lot. I think the previous CEO put it on the bottom of his priority list. To me, he spent a lot of money on things like new lobby instead of a new building and expanding. Now they're feeling it.

Kim - I'm sure your get together will be wonderful. Bet your decorations will be, too. You must post pics of them

Lisa - that is so insightful about the bird

Sharon: here's what the bosu looks like https://www.amazon.com/Bosu-Sport-Balance-Trainer-Black/dp/B01C34QSKG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1478817429&sr=8-2&keywords=bosu+ball. But mine has a stability bar. How very sad for your friend. I think I remember you telling us about her son

Our cats don't get the time change. They're used to being fed at 3:30 so at 2:30 they were looking at me like they were expecting to be fed. I fed them at 3.

DJ - have fun at the show! Do you go every year? I seem to remember you went last year. Or am I mistaken?

fyree - what kind of job do you have?

Janet in Canada - welcome! Keep up the good work

Jami from WA - welcome! Happy birthday!

Becca - I'm so happy for you that your sons will be home for the holidays

Lenora - Cracker is a cutie. What a nice haircut. I think you look so much prettier. Handsome "other".

Mary - can't believe Shep is ALREADY a year old

We'll go to get tires for my car tomorrow. I also need to go to Aldi's.

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Oops big tree missing. Will try it once more.

Janetr okc