WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    Did 10 minutes of a Butt Lift DVD, held my plank for 2min 50sec, then the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD that I made of Jane Fonda's Workout. We shall see how that goes.

Kim - I never went to any of my high school reunions. Now my high school is no longer in existence. I did go to my 50th grade school reunion, tho. There were quite a few people who didn't show up because they've moved on (like across country). I wasn't real impressed at that reunion. Now one thing they did do was make up a book of all the people with a questionnaire (name, address, children, current job, etc). To me, that was interesting. I would have liked just to have had that book and not even bothered going. Jess just called, she's quite upset. every year she has a Thanksgiving the day after Thanksgiving, and every year she invites Denise, and I think denise has only come maybe once (ok, I'll be generous, twice) at most. Denise knows that she's going to be invited, but every year she seems to have one excuse or another. We're hypothesizing (we have no proof) that perhaps the reason she doesn't want to come is because she feels uncomfortable around Jess' friends. Her friends have, for lack of a better phrase (please, I don't mean any offense to anyone) a white-collar job. They've gone to college. The guy Denise is with was having a hard time even reading the cards at one game they played one year. Jess' friends were helping him read. Isn't that sad? He only has a high school education, and my guess is that the high school probably just pushed him thru.

On the way home from exercise stopped at the Salvation Army (force of habit), then took this hair spray back to Party City, stopped in at Shoe Carnival (they don't have much at all), then home to get dinner ready to microwave. We have bowling in a few and tonight is ceramics then I go to mahjongg. hmmm....what to have for breakfast tomorrow? What do I need to finish up? Today's breakfast was a sweet potato and greek yogurt with honey on top. Stop laughing....lol

KJ - that is so nice of you to have your in-laws for Thanksgiving. Your kindness will probably be something they'll never forget. I'm not a fan of sweet potato casserole with marshmallow. To me, the sweet potatoes are sweet enough. I make mine with just sweet potatoes and apples and a little sauce.

Marcelyn - I never even KNEW there was a banana slicer!

jesuschar - welcome. You've come to a great place for support. Just jump right in

Cheri - looks like you have a wonderful family

katla - is that Dwarf Alberta Spruce in a christmas tree shape? I remember there was this tree outside our door in Kennett Square. It was shaped like a christmas tree, but it was VERY VERY slow growing. In the 12 years we lived there, we never once did any trimming. I'm wondering if this is the same plant

Michele in NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,070 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Tired. Still recovering from the drive to St. Louis. Window repair did not happen yet. I was waiting form 7:30 to 12:30. Finally was able to talk to man in charge. He said glass will not be ready until Wednesday. Someone was supposed to call us to tell us that. Now because of holiday and weather it will get done a week from Tuesday. Now time for peace and quiet. I am having a half a beer. The other half is going into the pot roast that needs to be cooked because of the refrigerator melt down. It will use up many things that are on ice. Plus I get the half of beer I need now.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    :smiley:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    :) Today I went to my first Physical Therapy appointment....he asked lots of questions and did simple tests to check muscle tone and range of motion. He gave me three stretches to do that looked pretty simple (a lot like what the chiropractor suggested several years ago) and said that I should do them 10-30 times twice a day until I see him again next week. I did 16 repetitions of each a little while ago and felt like I'd really worked hard. I'll do them again before bed and then increase the repetitions tomorrow. I asked him about dancing, lifting weights, and holding the plank. He said that I could dance a little more each time as I felt comfortable but to stay away from lifting weights and holding a plank until the muscles in my back have more time to heal. The stretches that he assigned me to do will help my back muscles heal as will time and patience. I'll see him again next Monday and then twice a week for two or three more weeks.

:) I went to my 15th high school reunion at a time in my life when I was divorced, thin, and very comfortable with my life. It reminded me that I was a wall-flower in high school and the reason people remembered me was either because they copied off my paper in math class or because of my very popular sister, the cheerleader. I left right after dinner and didn't bother go back any of the reunions since even though I lived in the same town where I went to high school.

81824br5uyrfrsr.gif
    yippee, I can dance again
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Joyce - You’re right, HTCZ; not the pregnancy hormone. Lawzy Mercy, I have had enough of that in my body when I was in my 20’s. The entire time I was carrying DYS; because of how he moved (always a 4-point landing) and my heart rate was elevated because I had “Graves’ Disease” that had not been diagnosed, they heard both heart beats and could not tell if it was mine or another baby's. Long before they had sonograms and all the fancy equipment. I’m not sure I could have handled a 3rd boy (especially) if he was anything like DYS is.

Michele – When a few of my HS friends and I get together we ‘talk’ about having a reunion; but, so far nothing has been done; I expect that we’ll have a 50th reunion. I doubt we will have anything sooner; but, you never can tell.

Margaret – Sorry for the loss of your Mom … it is really hard when it comes around a holiday. My Mother passed away 10 days before Christmas. We had pre-planned for her memorial other than to pick another song; but, still difficult to go to the funeral home about specifics. I’ll never be able to listen to “Silent Night” without tearing up, or outright ‘bawling like a baby’.

Cheri – Nice family pictures.

Michele – In South Florida they have these beautiful “Christmas looking” trees, I don’t know the name of them; but, they grow really tall. If I had one, in my yard, I’d be decorating it every year.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,747 Member
    Options
    long long busy day~ still feeling out of sorts and kinda on edge.. will check in ,in the morning
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Katla: There are a ton of recipes on the internet, they come under a lot of names. I've simplified it for my needs. Here's what I do:

- decide what I want my fillings to be ( I use left overs or mix and match as I need). Everything used as filling is either precooked or can be eaten raw (e.g. green onions). I would precook white onions, celery etc to soften before adding to the filling.

- I bought a 24 cupcake tin, you could also use silicon muffin molds or even the tin foil ones. Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray
    - Place oven rack in center position, preheat oven to 325 degrees

2 - 600 g liquid egg creations - fill each muffin tin about 2/3 full.

I just place what filling I want into each tin being careful not to overfill as they will rise a bit when cooking. Total filling about 1 T per tin.

You could also mix all of your fillings together adding seasoning and put 1 Tbl into each tin.

Bake for 35 minutes or until egg mixture is done. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.

I place 2 into a snack size baggie and place inside a larger baggie to freeze, then I can pull out one little baggie and voila I have breakfast. Note when microwaving to heat up about 30 - 40 seconds on 70% power. Store for about 1 month in the freezer or individually wrapped in the fridge for about 3 days.

Hope this makes sense :) If you want exact quantities let me know and I'll find you some links that you can follow.

Carey - Northern Alberta

Goals for Nov:
    - Increase walking by at least 100 steps per day
    - Get to Tai Chi at least once a week
    - Increase daily water intake
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Cheri, love the collage of "Thanksgiving Past". Reminded me of my large family that I miss terribly at holidays.

Janetr okc
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Cheri, love the collage of "Thanksgiving Past". Reminded me of my large family that I miss terribly at holidays.
    Janetr okc

Yes I miss my family especially now that we are all older and my parents are ailing. Sigh...that's life! Hoping to Skype with several over the holiday!

Cheri
    settling in for the evening by binge watching This Is Us in College Station, TX
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.58min, 13.8amph, 137mhr, 2.9mi= 100c
    SPIN- 45min, 78r, 90w, 10-14g, 144mhr, 11.7mi = 302c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.59min, 12.9amph, 139mhr, 1.5mi = 51c
    walk station 2 wk 7.58min, 3.4ap, 128mhr, .4mi = 89c
    walk wk 2 sta-8.03min, 3.4ap, 130mhr, .4mi = 72c
    ride dome 2 hm- 19.14minm 7.7amph, 146mhr, 2.4mi = 134c
    total cal 748
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Heather: Wonderful photo of you and DH. I recently let go of my mother’s champagne glasses that were in that shape, and beautifully etched. Hope somebody is enjoying them.

DJ: Happy cruising. Where to this time?

Marcelyn: The banana slicer reviews had me in stitches. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have an awesome dive trip. So jealous.

Carey: Like you, I also cooked till I dropped: Cranberry-Citrus muffins, zucchini soup (from Skinny Taste) and black bean pumpkin chili. Tomorrow, will make turkey, baked sweet potatoes and corn bread.

Katla: Is it feasible to bring your yoga mat on the trip so you can continue to do the exercise you enjoy? The living trees sound beautiful.

Cheri: Beautiful family pix. I hope it won’t be long before you see them all in person again.

Karen: I don’t think I’ve ever had succotash. What’s in it?

Rita: So glad you got relief from chiropractor and acupuncturist. We love you, too. Keep coming back here.
    Margaret: You are having one rough week. Please be kind to yourself. (((Hugs))). Yes, half a beer is most deserved.

Barbie: Yay for physical therapy and being able to dance more and more.

I went to a small, all-girl high school and our reunions are a hoot. We all start gabbing as if we are still sitting outside in the quad. Pity the poor husbands who end up clustering together making small talk. We have a couple gals in the group who will pull together a big lunch or dinner anytime I go back to the LA area. And of course, we see each other all over Facebook.

I want to echo Lisa’s sentiments of heartfelt gratitude for this group. Thank you for your stories, courage, wisdom and support. I am thankful you're in my life.

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori

Colorado Foothills, where another snowstorm is about to start

November Goals:
    Tabata training a minimum of 2 times per week
    Try a new ‘Skinny Taste’ recipe
    Eat mindfully
    Reduce household budget by $400.
    Be lighter (thanks Lisa for coining this goal)
    Word for 2016: Optimism

• IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hey Girls!

Lurking.... Love the new profile pics - and it's always fun to see what y'all are doing for the holidays. I will be collapsed in a heap, eating pizza - until Saturday, when I may produce some sort of holiday food substances.

Love you guys!!

Hugs for everybody!

Re in TX
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up with posts. Will talk more tomorrow.
    SueBDew
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Enjoy your 5K & spending the night in Seattle. :smiley:

Katy: I hope your back eases and you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

Michele: The Dwarf Alberta Spruce is a lovely cone shaped Christmas tree. I'll try to show you its picture from a couple of years ago. It has grown since then. Now it is about 46 inches tall including the pot. They can live in pots for years and are able to come into a warm house for a few weeks then go back outside and still live. That is quite a feat for an evergreen tree.

sn6eoipl8pbi.jpg

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey now....

Got my new diabetic shoes today! They look so cool and are sooo comfortable! The orthotic inserts are perfect, I don't have near as much pain in my feet since I put them on this morning. And no more bending over to tie my shoes! I can just slip my feet into them. It was much nicer on my daily walk without as much pain.

Katla - oh hun...don't get me wrong, I wasn't apologising for eating sweet potatoes, lol! I love my tubers, they are so much better for you than regular russets. Now I might actually be sorry for eating one of those, lol!

Barbie - am so glad you finally got in to PT today! I know you have been waiting patiently for it! And congrats on getting the OK to dance a little more each time, I know you look forward to being back to "normal"!

Re - lurking....lol....you are beginning to sound like a stalker! But I lurk too so I guess I am just as bad, lol!

Joyce - I'm so happy that bathroom is starting to come together for you!

Cheri - awesome family pics! Big family!

The new " Independence Day" came out in Redbox and I got a text from Redbox today for $1.25 off a movie rental for today....so I rented it for 25 cents. Heard good and bad reviews about it so not sure what to expect. I love Redbox, it's so cheap and they constantly send me promo codes for money off or rent one get one free. And I earned "Play Pass" points for the rental tonight and I think I have enough points for a free rental now. Woohoo! "Finding Dory" is out in the box now too, so I think I will use my freebie to get that one next. I loved "Finding Memo" so I hope this one is just as good. I don't go to theaters anymore...too darn expensive and I can't pause the movie if I have to pee! Or get a snack. Or....

Got an appt to see the eye doc tomorrow. Been having pain behind my eyes with bouts of blurry vision and excessive pressure. Primary care doc wants to be sure it's not neurological. He said if the eye doc feels that it is he is going to send me for an MRI of my head. Don't know if that's such a good idea....he might find out my brain disappeared, lol!!!!

OK, I think I got to you all....ummm, if I missed anybody just reach through my screen and slap me, lol! Time to medicate, take my shot and supplements, put this movie in and squeeze/hug my kitty, lol! I'll be lurking....

Sherry in "where's my pipe and my kitty??" Portland

P.s. - found Missy passed out on the bed on her back with all four paws in the air, lol. She's so darn cute!