Diet Cokes ?

Options
pinkste78
pinkste78 Posts: 54 Member
edited November 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Do diet cokes hinder weight loss in any way other than make you hungrier ? They don't make me more hungry, even though there has been studies that say they do. I just want to know what do regular people who have lost weight think about them.Thanks !

Replies

• NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    DC has never hindered my WL or made me hungrier. I drink less than I used to to avoid the extra caffeine and chemicals, but still enjoy it now and then. Really, the way to avoid feeling hungry is to eat the right things for you, at the right times for you, so play around with those things. DC won't make a diff either way.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    No, they do not.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I lost weight and now maintain weight drinking diet coke and pepsi max on a regular basis.

No they do not make me hungrier (or have any other 'side-effect') and No, they did not hinder my weight loss/maitnenance

This. Drinking diet soda hasn't hindered my weight loss phase or my maintenance phase in any way. They have also caused no cravings etc.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    pinkste78 wrote: »
    Do diet cokes hinder weight loss in any way other than make you hungrier ? They don't make me more hungry, even though there has been studies that say they do. I just want to know what do regular people who have lost weight think about them.Thanks !

Subject/verb agreement issue aside, can you post a link to that study? Because I'm reasonably certain that is not a correct conclusion.

I've heard enough n1 theories from people that I can't believe that it doesn't effect some people in that way.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    For some people it does cause cravings, for other it doesn't. You just have to go by how diet soda effects you personally.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Nope, no problem.

The only problem I have with diet cokes are the taste. Pepsi max ftw.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nope, no problem.

I don't know if you have the new Pepsi Zero in Canada yet, but I tried it the other day and I love it, almost as much as my Diet Dr. Pepper.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    No, they don't hinder weight loss and no, they don't make you hungrier. I'm down 118 lbs since last July and I drink plenty of daily diet soda. I have one sitting on my desk right now.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    There is a problem- Coke Zero exists.

Seriously, I only get Diet Coke when it's the only diet soda available.
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Nope, no problem.

I don't know if you have the new Pepsi Zero in Canada yet, but I tried it the other day and I love it, almost as much as my Diet Dr. Pepper.
    pepsizero.jpg
    Are you talking about this? I haven't seen it in stores but will buy a 12 pack as soon as I see it.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Nope, no problem.

Isn't it just re-branded Pepsi Max?
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    pinkste78 wrote: »

Subject/verb agreement issue aside, can you post a link to that study? Because I'm reasonably certain that is not a correct conclusion.

I've heard enough n1 theories from people that I can't believe that it doesn't effect some people in that way.

I'm sure it effects some people that way, but a blanket "they make you (?) hungrier" statement is incorrect. I wouldn't even go so far as to conclude they make most people hungrier.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nope, no problem.

Isn't it just re-branded Pepsi Max?

Apparently so, and just the name change in the US. I thought there was a slight change to the formula, which was why.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Nope, no problem.

I haven't seen them here, yet! That doesn't surprise me. I'm looking forward to tasting it, especially if you say there may have been a slight formula change.

Speaking of soda, I was at Benny and Co restaurant the other day and tried out their new digital soda fountain. There were flavour add-ins, too, so I added cherry to the diet coke. Mmmmmmm... :)
  • amandapleighse92
    amandapleighse92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    they are terrible for you! they make you hungry and make you crave sugar. Plus they have been linked to cancer. WATER is the best. To me it's easiest to skip the diet soda and tackle the root of the problem by not drinking soda. Or at least start cutting back and in time you can stop completely. They are terrible for you an to me every calorie I hold very dear. If I can cut it out I do so. Lots of girls drink diet cokes though and hell they are skinny, Chemicals beats calories they say!