• LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Chilli7777 wrote: »
    Any type of soda, sugar free or otherwise, expands the tummy and will make you feel hungry. Diet coke is so full of chemicals. It wont hinder your weight loss if you dont eat extra food, but it is bad for youe overall health in so many othet ways. Personally I dont touch it.

The what now? How does that happen?

I felt hungry when I started drinking Diet Dr Pepper this evening. But that was probably because I started drinking it before dinner was ready.

Diet Dr Pepper is evil and I'm blaming you for the bottle of it sitting in my fridge.

I forgot...tonight is Diet Dr Pepper Cherry. So now you have to change.

Mmmmm I luvs me some cherry
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Any type of soda, I sugar free or otherwise, expands the tummy and will make you feel hungry. Diet coke is so full of chemicals. It wont hinder your weight loss if you dont eat extra food, but it is bad for youe overall health in so many othet ways. Personally I dont touch it.

I felt hungry when I started drinking Diet Dr Pepper this evening. But that was probably because I started drinking it before dinner was ready.

Diet Dr Pepper is evil and I'm blaming you for the bottle of it sitting in my fridge.

I was trying to find some Diet Cherry Cola, but alas, we seem to be lacking in the options up here in the frozen north.
    JustMe602 wrote: »
    Any type of soda, sugar free or otherwise, expands the tummy and will make you feel hungry. Diet coke is so full of chemicals. It wont hinder your weight loss if you dont eat extra food, but it is bad for youe overall health in so many othet ways. Personally I dont touch it.

Diet Dr Pepper is awesomeness though

Which is exactly why it's evil. :grumble:

Lol it lures you in with its yumminess and then BOOM!!! you're hooked for life, ending up on the corner in a cardboard box begging for change to buy a liter....at least that's what I've heard :lol:

Meh, I already do those things for chocolate, I could raise my prices enough to cover Diet Dr Pepper.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    Any type of soda, I sugar free or otherwise, expands the tummy and will make you feel hungry. Diet coke is so full of chemicals. It wont hinder your weight loss if you dont eat extra food, but it is bad for youe overall health in so many othet ways. Personally I dont touch it.

I was trying to find some Diet Cherry Cola, but alas, we seem to be lacking in the options up here in the frozen north.

Lol it lures you in with its yumminess and then BOOM!!! you're hooked for life, ending up on the corner in a cardboard box begging for change to buy a liter....at least that's what I've heard :lol:

Meh, I already do those things for chocolate, I could raise my prices enough to cover Diet Dr Pepper.

Lmao you could. ...or set up a Go Fund Me for your soda habit :innocent:
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Its not the diet soda thats the issue, it's the rest of the items (calories) that make the difference. I suspect anyone getting "hungry" from diet soda may be suffering from suggestibility, but that's just a guess.
    I dont prefer the taste of anything with aspartame (aftertaste-yuck!) but I often like the ones with the sucralose (the new aspartame free diet pepsi is actually not bad!) and I use a stevia based packet in various stuff at home.
    However, I am convinced that Diet Dr Pepper is indeed the debil. :s
    eta: because DDP is really, really nasty ...
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    Its not the diet soda thats the issue, it's the rest of the items (calories) that make the difference. I suspect anyone getting "hungry" from diet soda may be suffering from suggestibility, but that's just a guess.
    I dont prefer the taste of anything with aspartame (aftertaste-yuck!) but I often like the ones with the sucralose (the new aspartame free diet pepsi is actually not bad!) and I use a stevia based packet in various stuff at home.
    However, I am convinced that Diet Dr Pepper is indeed the debil. :s
    eta: because DDP is really, really nasty ...

:grimace: no...never is it really really nasty....but...more for me
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

More proof that Canada isn't a real place :D

Feels pretty real when I see how much is taken for taxes...

Lmao you could. ...or set up a Go Fund Me for your soda habit :innocent:

That seems like internet begging. At least this way I'm doing a goods for services and can feel productive. :laugh:
  • Dreamyriver
    Dreamyriver Posts: 91 Member
    Options

That seems like internet begging. At least this way I'm doing a goods for services and can feel productive. :laugh:
    Frank Gallagher would be SO proud....

3b83ai4g8up6.jpg

That's not Frank, this is Frank:

latest?cb=20120315184754

Flipping Americans, coming over here, stealing our amazingly awesome dramas... (well, when I say 'here', I don't mean 'here', because I'm now in Australia, but 'here', the UK)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    Do you or someone you know have a young baby....Would you give them DIET COKE??.... WHY NOT?!
    Do you see animals in nature drinking Diet Coke?..... WHY NOT?!
    If you have a dog and/or cat, would you give them Diet Coke?.... WHY NOT?!

This is the silliest logic fail I have ever seen. :s

I would not give a very young baby anything except milk (and maybe boiled water in hot weather) - and specific milk (human breast milk or specific infant formula) at that.

Does that mean adults should consume nothing but human milk or infant formulas??

I dont see animals in nature eating tinned dog food or packet dog food either - does this make it bad to feed such to domesticated pets??

No I wouldnt give my dog diet coke - but I wouldnt give her any drink except water and especially not milk (dogs being lactose intolerant)
    Having said that, my husband does give her a small amount of his left over tea - shock horror :o sweetened with equal.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    ^My dog used to love tea. My parents couldn't leave their cups at her height or she'd stick her snout in the cup and start drinking. Come to think of it, she loved my father's best, and his was always sweetened with at least three teaspoons of sugar.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    smicci1 wrote: »
    My husband can drink diet soda no problem...He only drinks them in moderation (like when we are out at a restaurant). At home we typically only drink water.

I, however, can't have anything with aspartame in it. A few years ago, I was drinking diet green tea. I hated plain water, and it had zero calories. After months of drinking it, I started experiencing vision problems, numbness in my legs (started walking with a limp), and debilitating migraines. My doctor thought I had M.S. Thousands of dollars in medical tests later, we figured out it was aspartame poisoning. Some people just don't do well with it...I'm one of them.

I was excited when pepsi took aspartame out, just to experience soda again. However, I can't handle the carbonation, and end up feeling bloated after drinking it. LOL, I'll just stay away from it, but I don't begrudge anyone that can handle it :)

I am quite interested in how you figured out it was something that doesn't exist and thus doesn't have a test for finding it.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    For example, if someone says the FDA reports 98 known side effects of aspartame, it should be trivially easy to point to the FDA listing them and identifying them in an official source, no?

Since I know exactly where this claim comes from and it proves how ron didn't actually even research his own sources and is just repeating something he heard somewhere, let me enlighten you.

Here: http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/03/jan03/012203/02p-0317_emc-000199.txt

This is what the FDA calls a docket. What is a docket you may ask?

"The system allows consumers to access FDA's administrative proceedings and rule-making documents more readily, including Federal Registers, Petitions, supporting documents and comments."

and "By law, anyone can participate in the rule-making process by commenting in writing on rules FDA proposes. FDA routinely allows plenty of time for public input and carefully considers these comments when it draws up a final rule."

The link above is a docket comment sent TO the FDA by a certain Mark Gold of the Aspartame Toxicity Information Center, which appears to consist of Mark Gold, Mark Gold, Mark Gold and Mark Gold. A google search of the Center shows you exactly what kind of people use that as their source.

Because.......I have a life to live and very rapidly did a search and when I saw fda.gov grabbed the link. I didn't have time to read it. I saw your comment later and started a post that apologized for the mis-grabbed link but got distracted by kids and didn't end up posting until I saw this this morning. So no, not intentionally grabbed. Just not enough time to stop and read that it was a docket. I didn't catch that until later. My apologies. I will take more time to read before posting in the future and I just won't post when I'm in a hurry. Some people must live on these boards. I don't have time. It is partly why I hesitate to get into protracted arguments - sometimes I just don't have time to go back and comment on things that have been said and end up having to let it go in favor of getting work done. It grates me leaving things unfinished. That said, I have no issue with what the docket says (although not a source that should be said the fda endorsed as I posted previously). I know plenty of people that have exhibited side effects of aspartame so I have no issue with his list.

And right now, I can either choose to get my workout in or sit here and argue with people and lose my workout time. I'd rather workout. It burns more calories.

Y'all have a nice day.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Not busy here! LOL