What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I’ve felt myself descending into a pit lately where I’m easily discouraged, frustrated, impatient, and unhappy with my situation. I’m going to start exercising gratitude, like actually exercising it so it grows, by making a list of five things every morning that I’m thankful for. With detail. Why I’m thankful, how it helps me or makes me better.

That is a great attitude
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I’ve felt myself descending into a pit lately where I’m easily discouraged, frustrated, impatient, and unhappy with my situation. I’m going to start exercising gratitude, like actually exercising it so it grows, by making a list of five things every morning that I’m thankful for. With detail. Why I’m thankful, how it helps me or makes me better.

some of my friends have a gratitude list via email in the morning.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    I just saw an article about the newest live-action Dumbo trailer and all I did was see a screencap of a CGI Dumbo with clown makeup and he looked so sad and I came this close to crying.

I *kitten* hate that movie, it wrecks me. There's no chance in hell I will be able to watch it

I've never actually watched it does he die in the end or something
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    I just saw an article about the newest live-action Dumbo trailer and all I did was see a screencap of a CGI Dumbo with clown makeup and he looked so sad and I came this close to crying.

I *kitten* hate that movie, it wrecks me. There's no chance in hell I will be able to watch it

I've never actually watched it does he die in the end or something

:D:D:D
    No I don't think so...

But I believe in the real grimms fairy-tales, a lot of these characters really do die
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Chael2dot0 wrote: »
    I’ve lost a lot of joy and interest in most things.

:'(
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    First significant snowfall of the season and it appears everyone forgot how to drive again.
    First significant snowfall of the season and it appears everyone forgot how to drive again.

Every damn year

Right!!
    Every year...every first significant snow fall.

Had some a-hole turn out in front of me, crossing 3 lanes at once tonight—in the dark—with no warning on a road with 70 km (~45 mph) speed limit...
    ...thought "I may die now"

And for the record, I'm the a-hole who still doesn't have my winter tires on...had a few touchy moments on my drive home, sliding and loss of traction is an awful feeling.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    thinking i should make a drawing but not sure what

I want to see your best Salvador Dali impersonation

no surrealism, i do line drawing and then make screenprints. sometimes linocut, like this:
    3bnhw0nhea57.jpeg

This is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuPzpoC3QNc&list=RD7IyQnkAxOlk&index=3
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    We have an evacuation drill today and it's freezing outside. :angry:
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Due to space Thanksgiving dinner will be at my ex's.
    I will be cooking the meal alone.
    What was I thinking?
    15 people, this is the year everyone decided to come to OK, geez.
    I'm trying to convince myself that I've got this, I used to do it alone surely I can still manage it.
    IDK.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    if youre around people who expect u to be funny or cool all the *kitten* time youre not even living your just doing performance art

If you even notice they want you to funny or cool than you are willingly performing.....

i dont know what your on about, but i see friends prop themselves up and the people around them acting like an audience and it seems pretty common, like the people who make u laugh are pretty sad

and its worse for guys because women say they want to hear how guys feel but then they treat them like suckers if they cop to being sad or hurt emotionally

that’s on my mind rn

🙈🙊🙉... Omg, they doo?

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    if youre around people who expect u to be funny or cool all the *kitten* time youre not even living your just doing performance art

If you even notice they want you to funny or cool than you are willingly performing.....

i dont know what youre on about, but i see friends prop themselves up and the people around them acting like an audience and it seems pretty common, like the people who make u laugh are pretty sad

and its worse for guys because women say they want to hear how guys feel but then they treat them like suckers if they cop to being sad or hurt emotionally

that’s on my mind rn

if i remember right groucho marx suffered from depression most of his life. i think he even said one time how "the only person groucho marx can't make laugh is groucho marx"
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    What was I thinking?
    I'm trying to convince myself that I've got this, I used to do it alone surely I can still manage it.
    IDK.

Are you cooking at your home or his? I would only do it if I had multiple burners and double convection ovens. Maybe even a grill/smoker too.

It's going to be great. 🙌
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    What was I thinking?
    IDK.

Are you cooking at your home or his? I would only do it if I had multiple burners and double convection ovens. Maybe even a grill/smoker too.

Thanks!
    I hope so!
    I'll be cooking at his house, used to be my house too so I'm comfortable there.
    Nice 6 burner gas cooktop, 2 big ovens,
    all the conveniences and I'll need them, lol.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    What was I thinking?
    IDK.

Thanks!
    I hope so!
    I'll be cooking at his house, used to be my house too so I'm comfortable there.
    Nice 6 burner gas cooktop, 2 big ovens,
    all the conveniences and I'll need them, lol.

What a relief. 🙏 Hugs.
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Some shady ridiculousness
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    A lot of comedians live dark lives. They willingly perform, but it takes its toll. Its the same with regular people.....if you are expected to be "on" all the time....yeah, it takes its toll. My point was, the less you can notice the expectations of others, the lighter your load.

Very true.
    iMago wrote: »

i dont know what youre on about, but i see friends prop themselves up and the people around them acting like an audience and it seems pretty common, like the people who make u laugh are pretty sad

that’s on my mind rn

if i remember right groucho marx suffered from depression most of his life. i think he even said one time how "the only person groucho marx can't make laugh is groucho marx"

And Robin Williams....he made so many people laugh and feel joy. Yet he battled a lot in his own mind and ended up taking his life. :heartbreak: