Options
    Yup
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    When I first saw back to the furture 2 I swore by now we’d have flying cars - but I never considered everyone would be walking around with a computer in their pocket
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    When I first saw back to the furture 2 I swore by now we’d have flying cars - but I never considered everyone would be walking around with a computer in their pocket

I always hoped as a kid that we'd get communicators like on Star Trek, seems we've managed that.
  • Cowsfan1
    Options

I always hoped as a kid that we'd get communicators like on Star Trek, seems we've managed that.

Now if we could only beam ourselves ! Amirite?
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options

Well now I'm thinking about Scottie Pippin and how that be cool if he beamed us up xD
  • Cowsfan1
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

Well now I'm thinking about Scottie Pippin and how that be cool if he beamed us up xD

Speaking of pippin - I once met a dude working at footlocker that looked just like pippin - so much so I actually asked if he was thinking I may be on candid camera - that might be before your time if so google it - but yeah maybe one dAy man
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,882 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Oatmeal for dinner, times are tough yo. I ain’t even mad tho, I love me a nice nourishing bowl of oats.

txkdjvy7w0ms.gif
  • Cowsfan1
    Options
    @Cowsfan1 wrote: »

Tesla makes a car with small thrusters for helping it around sharp turns and if you use all the thrusters at once aiming down it'll levitate for a few seconds. So...there's that.

qmdrhfs0won8.gif
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options

Tesla makes a car with small thrusters for helping it around sharp turns and if you use all the thrusters at once aiming down it'll levitate for a few seconds. So...there's that.

Rode in my brother’s, no way I could drive that 😂😂 definitely back to the future ishhh
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options

Rode in my brother’s, no way I could drive that 😂😂 definitely back to the future ishhh

That's awesome! Which model does he have?

Model S
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out unemployment. Yay!

Oh, I'm sorry-hang in there :)
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    @pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out unemployment. Yay!

Oh no, I missed this :( I've been there. It sucked but luckily I found something else quickly. Good luck to you!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

I've actually seen two types of flying cars, on TV anyway...

One required a runway and would take off and fly like a plan, the other would hover...

The special I saw them on claimed they would first be used by the military then eventually first responders...

But I think the real future of personal transportation will be autonomous drones, connected to a sophisticated network utilizing some type of swarm technology 🤷🏽‍♂️