What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    I believe that it is not possible to cure someone else who has mental health issues, they can only be guided and shown support

I believe depends on the level of mental illness. Theres depression and then there’s Schizophrenia, Personality Disorder’s, PTSD and others that bring on aggression. I’ve Seen so many tranquilized and appeared more human without medication. Then I’ve watched a calm over those, who desperately needed a chemical balance.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Re-Animator isn't a bad movie, and I get why it's a classic among horror fans, but I don't think I'll ever be able to love it the way a lot of horror fans do because I read Lovecraft's short story first and it was *so good* I always compare the two (and, as per usual...the book was better)
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Re-Animator isn't a bad movie, and I get why it's a classic among horror fans, but I don't think I'll ever be able to love it the way a lot of horror fans do because I read Lovecraft's short story first and it was *so good* I always compare the two (and, as per usual...the book was better)

its one of the few adaptations i see both versions as a classic.
    the story is horrifying enough on its own, but the movie updated it and threw in some campiness and still kept it a classic.
    it's hard to do that with so many books.
    like for ex. i think the original Shining novel is boring and drags way too long. but the Kubrick movie is actually better despite taking so many liberties with the story.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    @iMago needs a profile pic back
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

haven't seen anything that made me laugh in a while. i'll try to update soon.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

its one of the few adaptations i see both versions as a classic.
    the story is horrifying enough on its own, but the movie updated it and threw in some campiness and still kept it a classic.
    it's hard to do that with so many books.
    like for ex. i think the original Shining novel is boring and drags way too long. but the Kubrick movie is actually better despite taking so many liberties with the story.

I've only ever watched half of it--maybe I wasn't in the right mood. I'm enjoying it. It's done well, the acting is good. The story *is* wildly different, while retaining the same core.

Much better adaption than "The Devil Doll" was to Burn, Witch, Burn! heh.
  • Tankiscool
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

haven't seen anything that made me laugh in a while. i'll try to update soon.

Think there was one with an eggplant awhile back
  • Tankiscool
    Options
    How I checked out the 'fun thread' and it wasn't fun at all.

That's because I haven't been there yet o:)
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    As I was drove to work this morning I heard on the radio how this woman had her children taken away from her, from punishing one with a swirly! The other recorded it and posted it on social media. Obviously it went viral.
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Options
    Trying not to worst case scenario myself
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Go Basketball.

h4edywrkt9e6.gif
  • Tankiscool
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I sabotage myself from ever getting 100% caught up at work and home because I can’t face the existential crisis that comes with realizing it was the process that fulfilled me and not the completion. I’m terrified to find myself asking “what now? what was it all for?”

Do you find yourself seeming to work "better" under pressure than?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I sabotage myself from ever getting 100% caught up at work and home because I can’t face the existential crisis that comes with realizing it was the process that fulfilled me and not the completion. I’m terrified to find myself asking “what now? what was it all for?”

Absolutely. Deadlines are my jam because it means all my regular work is being neglected and will have piled up so that it takes weeks to get through it.

This last Wednesday i set a goal to clean the entire house top to bottom. I was genuinely amused when i got to the last thing on my list because it was like I couldn’t help myself stalling. I started doing the thing finally, after about half a dozen “important” distractions, but ultimately found a way to make it way more difficult than it needed to be and didn’t finish it.

I think it’s all because I love working, i love my job, and i truly fear retirement. I’ve been stressing about it all week tbh

Edit: seriously. What do people do when work IS their happy place? I don’t really have hobbies or other things I’m really passionate about.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options

Absolutely. Deadlines are my jam because it means all my regular work is being neglected and will have piled up so that it takes weeks to get through it.

This last Wednesday i set a goal to clean the entire house top to bottom. I was genuinely amused when i got to the last thing on my list because it was like I couldn’t help myself stalling. I started doing the thing finally, after about half a dozen “important” distractions, but ultimately found a way to make it way more difficult than it needed to be and didn’t finish it.

I think it’s all because I love working, i love my job, and i truly fear retirement. I’ve been stressing about it all week tbh

Edit: seriously. What do people do when work IS their happy place? I don’t really have hobbies or other things I’m really passionate about.

I wish I was this passionate about my job. I mean I like it overall but there are some days I leave crying from frustration. Maybe that’s not normal. Ha
  • Tankiscool
    Options

You are in my brain! Either get in or help lol! I've been thinking of this as well. I love my job and have been extremely busy the past 6 months that we brought someone on to help me. The new person is slowly getting up to speed on stuff and I've been sabotaging myself at work by simply pushing things off and doing other crap. I am too young to say I "fear" retirement but I will tell you I don't think I'll ever fully retire if that's what you are getting at.

Neither do I. I have some hobbies but nothing I'm extremely passionate about. And it's not like I'm not motivated as well its typically that I'm motivated by work.