Options

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    You call it supper, I call it pop. Who the *kitten* cares?

Ohhhhh this should be fun

I dad and grandpa got in a very heated debate over supper about soda/pop one time

*dons internet battle armor*

its just coke. its all coke.

"ay bro what kind of coke you want?"

"thanks man lemme get a pepsi"

also i don't call it dinner or supper tbh i usually just say "im gonna eat later" or "what ya'll wanna eat later" or something like that

Coke is coke....this is the most confusing thing I've ever heard. It was news to me until I learned that some people call every kind of pop coke.
    So like Sprite and grape crush is coke?

Just say "drink" instead.

So a hundred or so years ago there where fountain drinks and such. Well Coke became very popular in the south, since Coke is from Atlanta, GA. So since there wasn't much else in the back woods of the South, for soft drinks, Coke was the most well known of all the sodas. So Coke became analogous for saying soda. Just like people say they want a Kleenex but they mean tissue paper.

Interesting fact:
    The modern-day soft drink, however, didn't develop until the 18th century, when scientists started synthesizing carbonated water — also known as soda water. The “soda” part of the word is derived from the sodium salts within the water.

Another fun fact: the syrup Coke is made of started out as a medicine.

-Former Atlantian

Is that what they're called down there? Then what are people from Atlantis called?
  • thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options
    Let's talk about Pepsi vs Coke

Sometimes I go to a restaurant and ask for a Coke and the waitress will say "Is Pepsi ok?" then I leave hungry because somehow the restaurant caught on fire.....

20dfjapc31aq.gif
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options

I dad and grandpa got in a very heated debate over supper about soda/pop one time

also i don't call it dinner or supper tbh i usually just say "im gonna eat later" or "what ya'll wanna eat later" or something like that

Coke is coke....this is the most confusing thing I've ever heard. It was news to me until I learned that some people call every kind of pop coke.

So a hundred or so years ago there where fountain drinks and such. Well Coke became very popular in the south, since Coke is from Atlanta, GA. So since there wasn't much else in the back woods of the South, for soft drinks, Coke was the most well known of all the sodas. So Coke became analogous for saying soda. Just like people say they want a Kleenex but they mean tissue paper.

Interesting fact:
    The modern-day soft drink, however, didn't develop until the 18th century, when scientists started synthesizing carbonated water — also known as soda water. The “soda” part of the word is derived from the sodium salts within the water.

-Former Atlantian

You do know the original coke had cocaine in it, right?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    Dang now I want a coke, yes a actual Coke from McDonalds

YES!!!! Nothing beats a McDs Coke!

For some unknown reason... This is true!
    I know there is a conspiracy in there somewhere, I just have to concoct it..

For some unknown reason... This is true!
    I know there is a conspiracy in there somewhere, I just have to concoct it..

I think it has actual coke in it

This is what McDs website says, but I call shenanigans. They have a secret and they aren't giving it up!

"There are many reasons the Coca-Cola tastes so great at McDonald’s. We simply follow the guidelines set by Coca-Cola and take steps to ensure it tastes the same as when you buy it in a bottle.

The water and Coca-Cola syrup are pre-chilled before entering our fountain dispensers with the ratio of syrup set to allow for ice to melt. We also keep our fountain beverage system cold so your drink can always be at the peak of refreshing. In order to ensure our drinks are always meeting a gold standard, we have proper filtration methods in place.

There’s also our straw – it’s slightly wider than a typical straw, so all that Coke taste can hit all your tastebuds."

OMG I never noticed that the straws are bigger...

It somehow taste less syrupy as well, like it's watered down but the salt in the fries make up for it...
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

Interesting fact:

-Former Atlantian

Yeah medicine, that's what I said.

cocaine-tooth-drops.jpg
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I don't know why anyone calls it pop, when labels clearly call them soda.
    Sprite: Lemon-lime soda, Orange Fanta: Orange soda, etc. Do people who love to be wrong call cream soda "cream pop"?

Excellent point!

I call it all under the umbrella of pop but now I'll have to reconsider that. Also then is club soda unflavored pop?

Its seltzar water
  • Angiep52
    Angiep52 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering whether or not to have a glass of wine tonight after work. I haven't had alcohol all week, and I have been saving calories this week to make up for it. It's Friday night and I've lost 4.1 pounds this week. I don't want to undo the good work I've done, but I don't want to be miserable either.
    What would you do if you was me?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Interesting fact:

-Former Atlantian

Yeah medicine, that's what I said.

cocaine-tooth-drops.jpg

which is pretty funny considering how bad using can wreck your teeth

Beats the hell out of Orajel though.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I don't know why anyone calls it pop, when labels clearly call them soda.
    Sprite: Lemon-lime soda, Orange Fanta: Orange soda, etc. Do people who love to be wrong call cream soda "cream pop"?

Excellent point!

I call it all under the umbrella of pop but now I'll have to reconsider that. Also then is club soda unflavored pop?

Its seltzar water

That's something that only clowns from 40's movies use.

I also drink it....
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    A lot
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    When I was in 4th grade I was the chubby cheerleader. I was barely allowed to cheer.
    " Pepsi Cola,
    Coca Cola,
    Royal Crown.
    You gotta hypnotize them,
    Paralyze them,
    Knock em all down."
    Woo. Woo Woo! OR Whooh Whooh!
    I liked the pom poms.
    Then they were replaced with fire torches in adulthood. Those are much more dangerous. :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options

ut oh...
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Superstar *kitten*. Edit to add my eyeroll.
  • night_owls1985
    night_owls1985 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

IMO
    Pepsi is the best ... coke is just nasty