What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I’m having a really hard time continuing my plant base diet. I haven’t completely fallen off of the wagon yet. I feel I need to mix it up for the holidays . Just something nagging me.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I’m having a really hard time continuing my plant base diet. I haven’t completely fallen off of the wagon yet. I feel I need to mix it up for the holidays . Just something nagging me.

I did plant based for 3mnths once... Easter was my downfall lol... I went to my Aunts and the only other person who showed up was my brother...

She made a big ham and whole dinner for everyone and I just didn't have the heart to not have some of her ham...

After 3 months of no animal products, I tasted that ham and completely freaking lost it 😂... It tasted like the greatest thing ever, I had so much of it, then proceeded to swallow a whole banana cream pie 😂

In conclusion, I decided if the pendulum was going to swing back so hard it wasn't for me... Life's just too short to not enjoy a burger once in a while...

Although I will say I still believe, for a disease free, long life... You can't beat plant based...

This made me laugh.

I think eliminating whole food groups get rid of weight fast but I'm with you...I need to live and love life. Pass me the burger please.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    VeraJMali wrote: »
    It’s been 10 months since I finally asked my husband of 8 years for a divorce. It’s been 6 months since his decisions forced me to give my kids to my mom 5 hours away from me. It’s been 2 months since I last saw my daughters and it’s been 3 weeks since I was last able to talk to them. My daughters lives are great with my mom. They have constant attention, everything they need, private schools, a good neighborhood. They have all the things I can’t give them due to my financial situation. I’ve lost every friend I’ve had and all of my family besides my mom due to my decision to put my daughters needs over my wants and give them to my mom. No one understands how much I suffer, no one gets that I didn’t want to give them up. I wanted to be free of a mentally abusive, dead marriage. I never thought it would cost me my daughters to get that but I can’t fix it. I can’t change it. And I’m so alone every single day.

I'm a bit late to this, but honestly? You did the best you could have for the well-being of your children and anyone who faults you for that is a *kitten* human being. I am sad that you are alone and struggling and far away from those you love (and who truly love you). Is there a way you could call them or write them? I bet they'd love to hear from you via snail mail, email or a call? Lots of small things can add up to bigger ones in the long run.

I ask because I was a young child when my parents divorced. I lived about 4 hours away from my father and only saw him once a month (not our choice, mind you). In the meantime, he would call when he was able to (he was like you, had a well paying job, but a lot of debt from the situation my mother put him on top of paying child support and paying off the debts from the house they once shared). We would also write "snail mail" to one another. Just little things that showed we loved one another despite the fact that we weren't able to see each other as much as we would have liked.

And well, my father and I are still very close even though I'm in my 30s now and live in another state with my own family.

My many sympathies to you through this trying time. I know it's not easy. :heart:
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    All the things I need to do.
    Speaking of which.................
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    jpforbesii wrote: »
    What is going to happen to all the combustion engine cars when everyone starts to buy electric? Will they just end up in some car graveyard or recycled/converted?

Buying an electric vehicle is one of the worst decisions with regards to the environment. Since most electricity is generated through the combustion of hydrocarbons and that energy has to be stored in toxic batteries, the net outcome is actually worse for the environment.

Isn't the collective opinion of your friends and neighbors more important than the environment when it comes down to a tricked-out Tesla?

DDGZwAEVoAIPAwC_grande.jpg?v=1541937141
  • OfCarbs
    OfCarbs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to tell everyone

04lqwrj82d7u.png
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    The way crap gets out of hand
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    OfCarbs wrote: »

04lqwrj82d7u.png

Festivus isn't over until you pin me!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    jpforbesii wrote: »
    What is going to happen to all the combustion engine cars when everyone starts to buy electric? Will they just end up in some car graveyard or recycled/converted?

Buying an electric vehicle is one of the worst decisions with regards to the environment. Since most electricity is generated through the combustion of hydrocarbons and that energy has to be stored in toxic batteries, the net outcome is actually worse for the environment.

https://www.ucsusa.org/sites/default/files/attach/2015/11/Cleaner-Cars-from-Cradle-to-Grave-full-report.pdf
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

I did plant based for 3mnths once... Easter was my downfall lol... I went to my Aunts and the only other person who showed up was my brother...

She made a big ham and whole dinner for everyone and I just didn't have the heart to not have some of her ham...

After 3 months of no animal products, I tasted that ham and completely freaking lost it 😂... It tasted like the greatest thing ever, I had so much of it, then proceeded to swallow a whole banana cream pie 😂

In conclusion, I decided if the pendulum was going to swing back so hard it wasn't for me... Life's just too short to not enjoy a burger once in a while...

Although I will say I still believe, for a disease free, long life... You can't beat plant based...

This made me laugh.

I think eliminating whole food groups get rid of weight fast but I'm with you...I need to live and love life. Pass me the burger please.

Ikr... And preferably not a plant based one 😂...
    Put some cheese on that *kitten*!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Cheese.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Cheese.

Parmigiano arigiano ftw!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Cheese.

Parmigiano arigiano ftw!

That too.

*munches on a colby jack cheese stick"
  • OfCarbs
    OfCarbs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    OfCarbs wrote: »

04lqwrj82d7u.png

Festivus isn't over until you pin me!

Does Pinterest count?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Cheese.

Parmigiano arigiano ftw!

That too.

*munches on a colby jack cheese stick"

I take it back, the crumbly cotija cheese from the butcher, slightly over dry... Will be found in my heaven
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Good grief!
    I got out and got all my errands done.
    The grocery was a nightmare. 🥺
    Seems like the holidays bring out the worst in people while they’re driving.
    63 degrees, unbelievable!
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Good grief!

I finally have to get out tomorrow... have just crashed everyday this week, so it's an absolute necessity at this point. Just realized it will be Christmas Eve, so I expect it to be frantic. Yes, driving is ridiculous, especially this time of year... there are a lot of NY/NJ-ites in this part of FL, so driving feels like bumper cars.

I have to get out tomorrow, have to... I've actually taken to fashioning together "furniture" by taping together boxes & painting them. :smile:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Good grief!

See, and I don't understand why my husband VOLUNTARILY LEAVES to go last-minute Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve. Who wants to deal with that? It's scary! No thank you!