What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I’m having a really hard time continuing my plant base diet. I haven’t completely fallen off of the wagon yet. I feel I need to mix it up for the holidays . Just something nagging me.

I did plant based for 3mnths once... Easter was my downfall lol... I went to my Aunts and the only other person who showed up was my brother...

She made a big ham and whole dinner for everyone and I just didn't have the heart to not have some of her ham...

After 3 months of no animal products, I tasted that ham and completely freaking lost it 😂... It tasted like the greatest thing ever, I had so much of it, then proceeded to swallow a whole banana cream pie 😂

In conclusion, I decided if the pendulum was going to swing back so hard it wasn't for me... Life's just too short to not enjoy a burger once in a while...

Although I will say I still believe, for a disease free, long life... You can't beat plant based...

Thanks for that. Makes so much sense. I’m going to take it a day at a time. Hopefully I can continue to make good choices. I just made some buffalo chicken wings in the airfyer and it was like the heavens parted and God gave me some of his special dinner. It was amazing. I am going to try to make cauliflower buffalo wings next.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

See, and I don't understand why my husband VOLUNTARILY LEAVES to go last-minute Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve. Who wants to deal with that? It's scary! No thank you!

So many men I know (I didn't say all, I said the ones I knew) left Christmas or even b'day shopping 'til the last minute. I don't know why, as a super organized being, who does everything long before the sell-by date, but it has to be that they're thinking about it 'til the last moment & want to get the perfect gift. I used to think that I was forgotten 'til then... could be, who knows... but, since those I've known seem to do it de rigueur, I'd prefer to think they want to get the perfect gift so wait 'til they know for sure.
    Thanks for that. Makes so much sense. I’m going to take it a day at a time. Hopefully I can continue to make good choices. I just made some buffalo chicken wings in the airfyer and it was like the heavens parted and God gave me some of his special dinner. It was amazing. I am going to try to make cauliflower buffalo wings next.

I wrote in another thread that I was full vegan for 5-yrs, mainly based on PETA guilt that I was eating tortured & tormented animals. I'd never been so ill. Went through 1-1/2 boxes of Puffs tissues/wk... sinuses constantly draining. I felt awful everyday... caught every cold from everyone who sneezed in a room I was in. One day, I went to the market when they began offering rotisserie chickens & I bought one & devoured it in my car like a rabid jackal. I began eating certain animals thereafter.

I normally eat a predominately fruit based diet... due to extraordinary allergies, have to shun dairy, shellfish, some "meats", many veggies, nuts, etc... & adding in beef/Cornish hen makes me feel like a normal human. I don't like that I have to eat animals... but, when I don't, I feel like I'm sick, all day long. I know many shun so much fruit, but again, for my body, it seems to be optimal to my health.

I refuse to judge anyone's diet... we all differ. Eat what fulfills you & keeps you healthy. If it's broccoli or oysters, good for you. One leaves me gagging, the latter leaves me in anophelactic shock. We all differ. There is no right or wrong diet... depends on your body.
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

See, and I don't understand why my husband VOLUNTARILY LEAVES to go last-minute Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve. Who wants to deal with that? It's scary! No thank you!

So many men I know (I didn't say all, I said the ones I knew) left Christmas or even b'day shopping 'til the last minute. I don't know why, as a super organized being, who does everything long before the sell-by date, but it has to be that they're thinking about it 'til the last moment & want to get the perfect gift. I used to think that I was forgotten 'til then... could be, who knows... but, since those I've known seem to do it de rigueur, I'd prefer to think they want to get the perfect gift so wait 'til they know for sure.

I wrote in another thread that I was full vegan for 5-yrs, mainly based on PETA guilt that I was eating tortured & tormented animals. I'd never been so ill. Went through 1-1/2 boxes of Puffs tissues/wk... sinuses constantly draining. I felt awful everyday... caught every cold from everyone who sneezed in a room I was in. One day, I went to the market when they began offering rotisserie chickens & I bought one & devoured it in my car like a rabid jackal. I began eating certain animals thereafter.

I normally eat a predominately fruit based diet... due to extraordinary allergies, have to shun dairy, shellfish, some "meats", many veggies, nuts, etc... & adding in beef/Cornish hen makes me feel like a normal human. I don't like that I have to eat animals... but, when I don't, I feel like I'm sick, all day long. I know many shun so much fruit, but again, for my body, it seems to be optimal to my health.

I refuse to judge anyone's diet... we all differ. Eat what fulfills you & keeps you healthy. If it's broccoli or oysters, good for you. One leaves me gagging, the latter leaves me in anophelactic shock. We all differ. There is no right or wrong diet... depends on your body.

And that’s why I’m having such a complex because since I began my plant base diet I have felt amazing. Granted there are times, mainly when I do not get enough protein that I feel meh. You’re absolutely right there’s no right or wrong as long as I’m healthy. Thanks for your knowledge. Merry Christmas 🎄!
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    And that’s why I’m having such a complex because since I began my plant base diet I have felt amazing. Granted there are times, mainly when I do not get enough protein that I feel meh. You’re absolutely right there’s no right or wrong as long as I’m healthy. Thanks for your knowledge. Merry Christmas 🎄!

Oh, my knowledge is based on a lifelong journey, often with pros telling me how stupid I am. I've learned to shun other's opinions & search out my own path. I know how I feel more than anyone else... that's all that matters.

You strike me as a very smart, young woman with a good sense of self. You'll find the best diet for you, now. I also feel that it can change... I've met many who were vegetarians in youth & that diet didn't work for them after 40. Same with exercises. If I find my way back to vegetarianism, so be it... doesn't mean that eating beef/Cornish hens is wrong now... it's just what I need now.

You're very sensible & stable. Don't doubt yourself. Whatever you choose will work for you at this time... that's all that's necessary. If it changes later on, so be it. Doesn't mean you were/are wrong. Our bodies change with time.

Merry Christmas to you, too. You are aware far more than you think. :smile:
  • sobri821
    sobri821 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wine... lots of wine
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    sobri821 wrote: »
    Wine... lots of wine

Cheers
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Great things
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

Mine gets a pass this year as he's been on deployment in Spain for the last several months and has to return after the holidays. But usually, he still does this as apparently, it was some weird tradition between himself and his father. His dad likes to shop on the day before Christmas as well.

I personally think that's as cringe-y as shopping on Black Friday. Large crowds of people pawing over last-minute deals and being jerks to one another. No thanks, I'll pass.

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    What's on my mind is that the idiot teenager, may be 19 or 20 now though, across the street stole a shopping cart from Walmart about a mile down the road. Now it's on the curb awaiting trash pickup. I told my husband I was going to take it back to Walmart and he said no, it's not yours and I don't want trouble with the neighbors. Well guess what? It's not that idiots either and his idiot parents just let him be an idiot. I also say this as a person who has been woken several times by his obnoxious parties. I'm plotting a way to get it back tomorrow before it goes out to trash and winds up in a landfill.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I've started stuttering today. It seems to be random, and I'm a little concerned.

I've never stuttered in my life, but I've been doing it off and on all day.

No head trauma, no drinking, no stress, no drug use. If it continues I'll be making an appt after the holidays

That is worrying, I hope you are ok :)
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I've started stuttering today. It seems to be random, and I'm a little concerned.

I've never stuttered in my life, but I've been doing it off and on all day.

No head trauma, no drinking, no stress, no drug use. If it continues I'll be making an appt after the holidays

That is worrying, I hope you are ok :)

Thank you Jo.

Trying not to worry. I'll see how tomorrow goes. ❤️
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    nu5xrso7ff2t.jpg
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    Options
    Too much
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    nu5xrso7ff2t.jpg

I dreamt a bunch of demons do they miss me 🤔
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    The 'Create' button in the main forum is gnawing at me. Will it let me create a new forum? Can i name the new forum - "All things Happimess" ? Can i moderate that forum too? So many questions :(
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    The 'Create' button in the main forum is gnawing at me. Will it let me create a new forum? Can i name the new forum - "All things Happimess" ? Can i moderate that forum too? So many questions :(

Don't ask... Just do it!
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    nu5xrso7ff2t.jpg

I dreamt a bunch of demons do they miss me 🤔

Be careful Demons Come in Many Forms :)
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    Whataburger. I want one now!