What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    My days are finite and I’m spending them at a job I dislike

Capitalism does this. Leave us feeling alienated. I wonder how many people truly like their jobs? But imagine life without one..filling in all that time... so much freedom...like too much...
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    e032gacrc4it.jpeg

Snapchat
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    e032gacrc4it.jpeg

Snapchat

Yes, i see what you mean
    a3s5vqmpu7me.jpeg

🤣 10/10
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Seriously though. My body hurts all the time. I am tired. It might be late winter depression. It might be trying to do too much.

I have lost the joy I used to have in working out. I still love the idea of being someone who lifts weights. I like that it became part of my identity. But it might be time to do something different for awhile.

I’m not changing anything just yet, but I think in a week or two I’m going to switch to walking and hiking as my primary exercise. I already do those of course, but they are the only parts of my physical activity I’m still enjoying so I might as well go whole hog.

I was scared to admit this to myself.

Do you ever deload or take a week off?
    Sounds like over training...

But your plan sounds rather nice either way 💕
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Seriously though. My body hurts all the time. I am tired. It might be late winter depression. It might be trying to do too much.

I have lost the joy I used to have in working out. I still love the idea of being someone who lifts weights. I like that it became part of my identity. But it might be time to do something different for awhile.

I’m not changing anything just yet, but I think in a week or two I’m going to switch to walking and hiking as my primary exercise. I already do those of course, but they are the only parts of my physical activity I’m still enjoying so I might as well go whole hog.

Do you ever deload or take a week off?
    Sounds like over training...

But your plan sounds rather nice either way 💕

I deload every fourth week. It was “supposed” to be every fifth but I learned to go with my body’s natural cycle. PMS and all that.

It used to be I hated to deload & only did it because it was good for me and after I was rarin to go. But it’s not working anymore. I don’t feel strong and refreshed after.

I love what lifting does. Hopefully I will love how it feels one day again.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Why is it so easy to get disappointment from the expectations we place on others?!
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,013 Member
    Options
    e032gacrc4it.jpeg

Snapchat

Yes, i see what you mean
    a3s5vqmpu7me.jpeg
    First of all....I die. This is everything.

Second of all...good plan. Winter definitely does things to people but I’ll be interested in hearing how you feel after switching things up a bit. 🤗
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Why is it so easy to get disappointment from the expectations we place on others?!

This is why I try to expect the very least from others
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Same. Most of my disappointment is self generated.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,013 Member
    Options

This is the best way to live I think.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

George- good to see you man
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options

George- good to see you man

Hey bother you too!
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    this sounds needy af but work is beyond boring and I could really go for some distractions in my inbox o:)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    e032gacrc4it.jpeg

Snapchat

Yes, i see what you mean
    a3s5vqmpu7me.jpeg

I like your..... um....... sweater ??