Options

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I mentioned it in the other thread, but I'm currently being consumed by the news of my cousin's partner and his choice of suicide. Worried about my family in that part of the world (I know they'll support my cousin 100% and help her two kids get through this). I'm just struggling to w rap my head around it, even though suicidal ideation and acting on it is something I've attempted in the past. It's still really foreign to me when I learn of someone I know attempting and/or succeeding at it. Mental health is so important and so few get the help they need or even seek out help when they know they need it (for so many reasons).

It's just so... heartbreaking.

its a terrible, terrible thing to happen.. thoughts and positive vibes to you and yours.. 😔
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    MFP has been sold and will shortly be under new management.

The forums could conceivably go away.

I'm trying not to get too close to the new recruits.

It's like in Vietnam, you don't even want to know the names of the replacements, because odds are, their days and numbered and you want to avoid the emotional pain of losing them.

Why do you think anything will change?? That's not what they said in the notice.

What does this mean for you?

It’s business as usual, only now we’ll be able to tap into greater expertise, additional resources and greater capabilities to bring even more exciting features to you in the future.

Coming soon, MyFitnessPal plans to launch an Artificial Intelligence driven food recognition technology called Meal Scan, new guided plans and expert-led workout routines, and dozens of new recipes curated by certified nutritionists.

No changes to our data policies. We are committed to safeguarding your personal information and following industry best practices to keep your data secure.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Everything could be deleted in the blink of an eye
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind

tenor.gif

But @Motorsheen is Luxury Toast
    Dogs are crying all over the world, tonight.

That's not what's suggested in the linked FAQ

1. What does this mean for me?
    Your MyFitnessPal experience will remain the same. All of the rich features and content you’re accustomed to using remain accessible to you. With Francisco Partners as our new, eventual owner, we’ll be able to tap into greater expertise, additional resources and greater capabilities to bring even more exciting features to you in the future.

2. Will I have to create a new account or password?
    No. Your current MyFitnessPal account will continue to be active. You can log into your MyFitnessPal account using the same credentials you always have used in the past.

3. Where will my MyFitnessPal data go? Who has access? How can I delete my data? Export data?
    Your MyFitnessPal user data will stored by MyFitnessPal. Upon completion of the transaction, only MyFitnessPal (and not Under Armour) will have access to your user data. Under Armour may however retain limited marketing related personal data for those MyFitnessPal users that have opted in to Under Armour marketing emails. If you have opted into Under Armour emails, you can always unsubscribe from these emails by accessing the link in the email footer.
    Premium users can export their data by following these steps.
    To delete your data, you will need to delete your account by following these instructions.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    MFP has been sold and will shortly be under new management.

The forums could conceivably go away.

I'm trying not to get too close to the new recruits.

It's like in Vietnam, you don't even want to know the names of the replacements, because odds are, their days and numbered and you want to avoid the emotional pain of losing them.

Why do you think anything will change?? That's not what they said in the notice.

What does this mean for you?

It’s business as usual, only now we’ll be able to tap into greater expertise, additional resources and greater capabilities to bring even more exciting features to you in the future.

Coming soon, MyFitnessPal plans to launch an Artificial Intelligence driven food recognition technology called Meal Scan, new guided plans and expert-led workout routines, and dozens of new recipes curated by certified nutritionists.

No changes to our data policies. We are committed to safeguarding your personal information and following industry best practices to keep your data secure.

Thank you Tony, I don't know where you found this but thank you for posting it 🙂
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Everything could be deleted in the blink of an eye
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind

tenor.gif

But @Motorsheen is Luxury Toast
    Dogs are crying all over the world, tonight.

That's not what's suggested in the linked FAQ

1. What does this mean for me?
    Your MyFitnessPal experience will remain the same. All of the rich features and content you’re accustomed to using remain accessible to you. With Francisco Partners as our new, eventual owner, we’ll be able to tap into greater expertise, additional resources and greater capabilities to bring even more exciting features to you in the future.

2. Will I have to create a new account or password?
    No. Your current MyFitnessPal account will continue to be active. You can log into your MyFitnessPal account using the same credentials you always have used in the past.

3. Where will my MyFitnessPal data go? Who has access? How can I delete my data? Export data?
    Your MyFitnessPal user data will stored by MyFitnessPal. Upon completion of the transaction, only MyFitnessPal (and not Under Armour) will have access to your user data. Under Armour may however retain limited marketing related personal data for those MyFitnessPal users that have opted in to Under Armour marketing emails. If you have opted into Under Armour emails, you can always unsubscribe from these emails by accessing the link in the email footer.
    Premium users can export their data by following these steps.
    To delete your data, you will need to delete your account by following these instructions.

I just want them to fix all the bugs with the site so I can actually access it when needed to input food/exercise and not sit around waiting for three days to be able to access my diary. :neutral:
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I got into a little fender bender today.

.... totally my fault.

I was distracted and rear ended the car directly in front of me.

We touch bumpers and the driver of the car jumps out and runs back to me.

The thing is, to my surprise, the other driver was a dwarf.

He approached my car and shouted "I am not Happy!" .

My only reply was: "Okay, great... then which one are you??"

To the dad joke thread with you 🙄🤪
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    👁👄👁

wqrrdzg51s73.jpeg
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Pretty people look even prettier on business video calls and distract you, thanks a lot iMac 27" Retina 5k display😏
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    👁👄👁

wqrrdzg51s73.jpeg

Socially distancing.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @TonyB0588 Thanks.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,568 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    👁👄👁

wqrrdzg51s73.jpeg

All I can think of is..

You better hope you don't have to pee when you're wearing that... And if you do, that you don't have to use a stall! Hahahaha

It's so pretty, I'd feel like a goddess in it. Sigh.

Oh to feel like a goddess again!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,568 Member
    Options
    If I rewatch old lifting pr videos... Will that motivate me to try (yet) again?

I am on the verge of stepping back into my basement gym, and yet even though I have the opportunity... I still hesitate. Gah!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i think the best part of this being election day (and maybe even election week, or heck, election month, depending on how things go)- is that it might finally make them quit reporting on covid test results for a day or two at least

KdQngNM.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I can't wait for all of this to be over. My anxiety is through the roof today.

In the words of Imelda Marcos:

"Win or Lose, We go Shopping After the Election!"
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I can't wait for all of this to be over. My anxiety is through the roof today.

Come to my place. The ceiling height here is impressive
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    i think the best part of this being election day (and maybe even election week, or heck, election month, depending on how things go)- is that it might finally make them quit reporting on covid test results for a day or two at least

KdQngNM.gif

I'm just mostly looking forward to no longer seeing annoying political ads on YouTube when I use the TV instead of my computer.