Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's on your mind?

Replies

• KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 9,897 Member Member Posts: 9,897 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    These girls on YouTube make thrifting look like so much fun, I’d like to try it out one day but would I be taking things away from people who legitimately can’t afford to shop anywhere else🤔

Another argument is you are saving the planet from more unnecessary waste. Buy used instead of new.

Ah, you beat me to it.

Yes, thrifting is for anyone who wants to do it. It's a good way to keep from buying fast fashion and is generally seen as a better option for the planet as a whole. If you want more upscale goods that are also second hand (and help cut down on waste contribution), there are consignment shops, online shops (like ThredUp and Poshmark) where you can buy gently used designer brands.

Any and all second hand purchases are generally a better overall contribution to cutting down on waste. :)

Besides, thrifting is a fun activity anyone can (and should) enjoy.

I hope @vanityy99 has fun when she can go thrifting. :heart:
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 19,758 Member Member Posts: 19,758 Member
    xcqjmkx5gz9r.jpeg

There are so many people alive today that have never had the satisfaction of slamming the receiver down over and over again.

.... or ripping it's cord from the wall and throwing the entire thing across the family room.

stress management 101
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 19,758 Member Member Posts: 19,758 Member
    These girls on YouTube make thrifting look like so much fun, I’d like to try it out one day but would I be taking things away from people who legitimately can’t afford to shop anywhere else🤔

Another argument is you are saving the planet from more unnecessary waste. Buy used instead of new.

which planet ?
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Member Posts: 9,563 Member Member Posts: 9,563 Member
    How early is too early to text someone in another time zone?

Keeping to your MFP wife/husband allotted "talk time" is one way 😉 ... Can't be angering his/her other plus/× 1. 😂🤣🤣
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Member Posts: 9,563 Member Member Posts: 9,563 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    The aging parents and family members convo really hit home this morning. My heart goes out to you all @slimgirljo15 @Elcee2020 @honeybee__12 @KickassAmazon76 @777Gemma888 @ReenieHJ @IslandGal3 and anyone else dealing with this.

My current strategy - assuming my parents and grandparents will live forever - isn't sustainable so hearing your realities, while sobering, is ironically helpful.

Still...not easy for any of you 🤗

Thanks much Malted Tea!

Just the Mum for me. Thankfully, my siblings and I have quarantined her enough from the start of Covid 19, that she has not even had the sniffles and no need for hospital internments... Praying and manifesting this trend continues ...🙏🏻
  • CacoEtherCacoEther Member Posts: 2,465 Member Member Posts: 2,465 Member

I follow that second girl, she has theee best personality. So cute

I’ve heard that thrift stores throw away tons (literally, the weight) of donated clothes weekly. They get waaay more than they can even sell. There’s definitely enough to go around 😁
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 15,688 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15,688 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    xcqjmkx5gz9r.jpeg

There are so many people alive today that have never had the satisfaction of slamming the receiver down over and over again.

.... or ripping it's cord from the wall and throwing the entire thing across the family room.

stress management 101

Now that I think about it,
    No one will get strangled with a phone cord anymore. 😳😀
    edited January 30
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 6,732 Member Member Posts: 6,732 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »

I follow that second girl, she has theee best personality. So cute

I’ve heard that thrift stores throw away tons (literally, the weight) of donated clothes weekly. They get waaay more than they can even sell. There’s definitely enough to go around 😁

Unfortunately much of what they receive has to go to the trash. We have a thrift store that survives entirely on donations and gives back in a huge way to the community; they posted pictures of some clothes that were received and it was very sad. Just a way for some people to throw stuff away without paying.

Then there are thrift stores that will take your stuff on consignment, add their profit so it does cost more but the quality is higher.

Back when yard sales happened more, that was one of the best places to go treasure hunting. :)

It's a lot of fun and always interesting to see what you can find, whether it's clothes or not.
  • Miss_Chiev0us_Miss_Chiev0us_ Member Posts: 1,967 Member Member Posts: 1,967 Member
    Wondering if people we are not friends with get our messages if we sent them one?🤔
  • Miss_Chiev0us_Miss_Chiev0us_ Member Posts: 1,967 Member Member Posts: 1,967 Member
    Also.. mad at my boyfriend for leaving me on the couch last night 😆
  • twitchandshouttwitchandshout Member Posts: 1,593 Member Member Posts: 1,593 Member
    Wondering if people we are not friends with get our messages if we sent them one?🤔
    Supposedly

If both parties send each other a message, then future messages will be received.

Otherwise no

This might be MFP apocrypha because I’ve never seen it written anywhere official
    Supposedly

If both parties send each other a message, then future messages will be received.

Otherwise no

This might be MFP apocrypha because I’ve never seen it written anywhere official

Oh well at least I know I'm not being ignored then 😅 😂
  • twitchandshouttwitchandshout Member Posts: 1,593 Member Member Posts: 1,593 Member

That’s so wrong!
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 6,732 Member Member Posts: 6,732 Member
    Supposedly

Otherwise no

I sent a couple pm.s to people and they never replied. Slimjo told me MFP has some kind of glitch where it won't be received unless they're on your friends list.
    I know! I felt slighted and my paranoia got the best of me. :blush:
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Supposedly

Otherwise no

I sent a couple pm.s to people and they never replied. Slimjo told me MFP has some kind of glitch where it won't be received unless they're on your friends list.
    I know! I felt slighted and my paranoia got the best of me. :blush:

Well I'm glad to know that. I'll take it as a sign that I shouldn't have sent the message 🤣🤣🤣

That’s so wrong!

I Know! Guess who's sleeping on the couch tonight? 😏😂
    edited January 30

That’s so wrong!

I bet you wind up crawling in with him 💕
  • jjpptt2jjpptt2 Member Posts: 5,228 Member Member Posts: 5,228 Member
    if women sent unsolicited tit pics, would that help men realize how unwelcomed unsolicited d pics were?

Thoughts?
    edited January 30
  • Tigg_erTigg_er Member Posts: 19,451 Member Member Posts: 19,451 Member
    I would have to study the situation :D

That’s so wrong!

I bet you wind up crawling in with him 💕

Well, probably but I'll be like this before..😆

xssj3gufdf4y.gif